Hospital Management Courses after 12th: Management is an inherent part of any organization be it a company, hotel, or even hospital. The hospital management courses focus on managing the resources, staff, and internal management of the hospitals. Apart from the hospitals, it also focuses on the managerial aspect of nursing homes, health centers, clinics, etc. In a nutshell, it can be said that hospital management courses instill skills related to management and administration in an individual with a specific focus on the healthcare industry.
If you are someone who finds it astonishing to think about what happens in a hospital apart from checkups and surgeries and wants to be a part of the overall management, then this article on Hospital Management Courses after the 12th is for you. In this article, we have listed various hospital management course details after the 12th along with the eligibility criteria for the same, a list of good colleges to pursue it from, the fee structure of the course, and career prospects. So let’s get on with the article.
- What is Hospital Management?
- Types of Hospital Management Courses
- Bachelors Degree in Hospital Management After 12th
- Masters Degree Hospital Management Courses after 12th
- Diploma in Hospital Management After 12th Courses List
- Doctoral Courses in Hospital Management after 12th
- List of Colleges for Hospital Management Courses After 12th in India
- Career after Hospital Management Courses after 12th
- FAQs on Hospital Management Courses after 12th
Hospital management is an area of management that particularly focuses on the management of staff and resources in the healthcare industry. The course covers the management of healthcare services in hospitals, nursing homes, diagnostic centers, clinics, healthcare institutes, etc.
It provides the students with the in-depth knowledge to carry out managerial and administrative activities of the hospitals or other medical facilities It also imparts in them the required skills for performing various administrative operations and customer support services.
The Hospital management courses after the 12th are generally Undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses, diploma courses, and Doctoral courses. Here is the list of various Hospital management courses after the 12th.
- Bachelor of Hospital Management
- BBA in Hospital management
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor’s Degree in Hospital Management
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with minimum of 55% marks.
- The candidate must have ‘biology’ as one of the primary subjects in 10+2
- The candidate must have cleared the entrance exam or CAT/GMAT/XAT as required by the institution.
Hospital Management Bachelors Degree Course Duration
The bachelor or undergraduate program in Hospital management is generally of 3 years divided into 6 semesters.
Bachelor’s Degree Hospital Management Courses Fee
The course fee for an undergraduate course in Hospital management ranges between 8k to Rs.5 lakhs, depending upon the college/university and the course you’ve chosen.
- Masters in Hospital Management
- MBA in Hospital Management
- MBA in Hospital Administration
Eligibility Criteria for Masters Degree Courses in Hospital Management After 12th
- A bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum of 50% marks, from a recognized board.
- Must have cleared the entrance exam of the college or else the entrance exams such as CAT/GMAT/XAT etc
Duration of Masters Degree Courses in Hospital Management
The master’s or postgraduate program in hospital management runs through the course of 2 years divided into 4 semesters.
Masters Degree in Hospital Management Courses Fee
The course fee for post-graduation in Hospital Management ranges from ₹1Lakhs to ₹7 Lakhs. This differentiation is based on the college/university. However, certain relaxation in fees may be provided to certain sections on the basis of their merit and category.
- Diploma in Health Administration
- PG Diploma in Hospital management
- PG Diploma in Health Management
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Hospital Management Courses
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with a minimum of 55% marks.
- For a PG Diploma, candidates must have passed graduation from any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks.
- However, for PG Diploma, certain colleges ask for candidates who have cleared national level entrance exams like CAT/GMAT/XAT/MAT
Duration of Diploma Courses in Hospital Management
- The diploma course in Hospital Management is a one-year program divided into 2 semesters.
- The PG Diploma course, however, is of 2 years divided into 4 semesters.
Diploma in Hospital Management Courses Fees
- A regular diploma in hospital management can be pursued in the course price between Rs. 4k to Rs. 10 Lakhs
- The fee for PG Diploma in Hospital management ranges between 7k to 12 Lakhs
- However, the fee may vary depending upon the reputation of the college.
- Ph.D. in Hospital Management
- Ph.D. in Hospital Administration
Eligibility Criteria for Doctoral Courses in Hospital Management
- The candidate must have a master’s degree or MBA in hospital management from a recognized university
- The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in his/her PG. However, certain relaxation is given to candidates on the basis of their merit or otherwise.
- The candidate must have cleared national-level exams like NET/PET or the entrance exam of the respective college.
Duration of Doctoral Courses in Hospital Management
The full-time doctoral course in hospital management is a three-year program.
Doctoral Courses in Hospital Management Fees
The course fee for a full-time doctoral course in Hospital Management ranges from ₹2000 to ₹3 Lakhs, depending upon the college/university.
- Diploma in Hotel Management After 10th
- Diploma in Financial Management
- 1 Year Diploma in Hotel Management
- Tata Institute of social science (TISS), Mumbai
- Amity University, Noida
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune
- Armed Forces Medical college, Pune
- Singhania University, Jhunjhunu
- Institute of Management Studies, Indore
- NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata
- KIIT Institute of Management, Odisha
- Hospital Superintendents.
- Deputy Superintendents.
- Medical Directors.
- Nursing Directors.
- Heads of Departments.
- Healthcare Finance Managers.
- Healthcare HR Manager
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Healthcare Product Manager
1. What can I do after my master’s in hospital management?
Once you have completed your master’s in Hospital Management, you can either start working as a hospital management trainee or e executive or you can further go for Ph.D. in Hospital Management.
2. List the Top organizations hiring Hospital management professionals?
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd.
- Aster DM Healthcare Ltd.
- Dr. Lal PathLabs Ltd.
- Fortis Healthcare Ltd.
- Healthcare Global Enterprises Ltd. ( HCG)
- Indraprastha Medical Corporation Ltd. (Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi)
- Narayana Hrudayalaya Ltd.
- Piramal Enterprises Ltd.
3. What is the future of Hospital Management?
As the Hospitals and the healthcare industry are a vital part of the overall corporate as well as the public sector of the country, so is the need for Healthcare managers. The hospital management course is rather a new domain of study and therefore it has high potential growth in the coming decades.
4. What is the average salary of a hospital management professional?
Hospital Administrator and Manager’s salary ranges between 2 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs for freshers. However, an experienced person in this domain can draw a salary hoti ₹15 Lakhs on an average.
5. What are other short-term courses available in Hospital Management?
There are various short-term certification courses available in Hospital management. It includes:
- Executive Hospital management course of 11 months
- Certificate course in Medical Laboratory Technology for 6 months
- Certificate course on Medical Economics etc.
We hope that the information shared in this article on Hospital Management Courses after the 12th has been helpful in making your informed decision about the course, college, and career options to choose from. If you have any queries, feel free to comment below. We will try to clear your doubts and address your queries to the best of our ability. Stay tuned to our website for more such articles.