Essay On Life In A Hostel: Living in a hostel is a lesson in itself. While living at home the young does not turn into a self-dependent being for this thing and for that for little things even of personal nature, the young look up to the mother or the elder sister. They would keep the clothes in the wardrobe they would prepare the dress for the school and put it in order every morning, they would even arrange the school bag whether it contains all that is required the books and notebooks for the day, the pen with ink or lead and the pencil sharpened. The tiffin box should be got ready and then even the study table should be set right and of course, the bed to be put in order. The soap, the shampoo, the powder toothpaste, the brush the towel all to be there in the bathroom. Someone should always be looking after all these items. So much dependence, so much no-care attitude, so much demanding, so much supplying this is normally to be found in every home. The young grow a little too indulgent.
- Long Essay on Life In A Hostel 500 Words in English
- Short Essay on Life In A Hostel 200 Words in English
- 10 Lines on Life in a Hostel
- What are the advantages of hostel life?
- How do you deal with Hostel Life?
- What is hostel life for students?
- What good qualities can hostel life develop?
Long and Short Essays on Life In A Hostel Kids and Students in English
Given below are two essays in English for students and children about the topic of ‘Life In A Hostel’ in both long and short form. The first essay is a long essay on the Life In A Hostel of 400-500 words. This long essay about Life In A Hostel is suitable for students of class 7, 8, 9 and 10, and also for competitive exam aspirants. The second essay is a short essay on Life In A Hostel of 150-200 words. These are suitable for students and children in class 6 and below.
Long Essay on Life In A Hostel 500 Words in English
Below we have given a long essay on Life In A Hostel of 500 words is helpful for classes 7, 8, 9, and 10 and Competitive Exam Aspirants. This long essay on the topic is suitable for students of class 7 to class 10, and also for competitive exam aspirants.
Sent to the hostel, that one who had remained so much dependent for everything on his or her mother or elder sister or servants, finds himself, initially at a loss. How to adjust, how to manage, how to look after everything by himself. The house-master would come for a surprise inspection and he should find everything spic and span, everything in order no clothes lying on the bed all properly folded and kept in the wardrobe; the study table properly set books and notebooks all kept arranged and the pen and pencil kept in the pencil box. The bed should have been well-set no servant or maid to do it.
So this is training in self-help which is the first and foremost lesson that one learns from the hostel life.
The other very important training is discipline. Fixed hours and timings for everything time to leave the bed in the morning not that turning over sides while the mother cajoling to make you leave the bed or else would get late for school none to do that. A quick bath and dressing up, setting the school bag, nothing to be missed.
The bell rings calling each one to the dining hall for breakfast. The same menu for all no cringing, no crying that you like this and do not like that, or you want this or you want that. The menu, of course, would keep changing every morning new things added or served but the same for all.
It is a lesson learned in developing a taste for all kinds of food a disciplining of the palate, which does not happen in the home. There the mother keeps caring about what he or she likes more and whatnot.
The school hours, the lunch recess, the evening games, the dinner, and completing the classwork all has to go on in a regulated daily manner. The mind has to get set to the pattern and any delay or divergence would go wrong.
Regulated way of life is another lesson that hostel life teaches.
The most important lesson that hostel life gives is the trailing incorporate living together. It is a lesson in Social living; in Sociability; in learning the spirit of adjustment and accommodation. This is a great lesson that goes a long way in later life on the Social front.
Hostel life thus has many things to learn, but there are, sometimes, many things that this life gives an occasion to, which can spoil one’s life.
Students can find more English Essay Writing Topics, Ideas, Easy Tips to Write Essay Writing, and many more.
Short Essay on Life In A Hostel 200 Words in English
Below we have given a short essay on Life In A Hostel is for Classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. This short essay on the topic is suitable for students of class 6 and below.
At home, there is the mother, the father, sisters and brothers who give you company as also keep a watch on you. In the hostel if you catch the company of bad boys and if there is some laxity in Superintendence you can fall into evil ways, take to drugs, or indulge in late-night cinema shows and there is no one so concerned about you as a mother, a sister or a brother can be. The result can be a complete disaster in life.
Discipline is best that comes from within.
Hostel life, thus, has many good things and makes one’s life disciplined, organized, and self-reliant but if the track goes wrong it would mean a derailment and permanent damage.
10 Lines on Life in a Hostel
- Life in a hostel is helpful to the students.
- It teaches them a sense of responsibility and they become self-dependent.
- Hostel life teaches many lessons — self-dependence, self-reliance, and disciplined way of life.
- Most importantly they will adjust to all kinds of situations.
- At home, the young remain dependent on the mother, the elder sister, or the servant, but in the hostel, everything has to be done by himself.
- Hostel life gives one the training to develop a taste for whatever food is served. At home, one can show his own preferences and throw his own tantrums in the matter of food.
- A regulated way of life is learned in a hostel’s life.
- The most important lesson learned is to incorporate living; an adjustment and social accommodation with others.
- There is the other side of the hostel life too.
- Following in bad company and if there is any laxity in supervision one can go wrong, and very wrong sometimes — take to drugs or indulgence into other evils as there is no mother, sister, brother, or father to take any personal care about one’s welfare.
FAQs on Essay on Life in a Hostel
1. What are the advantages of hostel life?
In the hostel, life is full of opportunities for both amusement and studies. You will get a sense of responsibility as well as independence.
2. How do you deal with Hostel Life?
Be polite with Hostel Staff and friendly with Roommates. Learn to adjust and this trick will help you deal with anything that comes your way in Hostel Life.
3. What is hostel life for students?
Life in a hostel makes a student self-dependent. It makes him smart, active, and disciplined.
4. What good qualities can hostel life develop?
Mutual cooperation, sympathy, discipline, and love are qualities that you can develop during your hostel life.