Ceramic Technology Diploma Courses: A diploma in ceramic technology is a very new and emerging course which is a branch of science, and engineering technology that many students are opting for in the recent times across very few universities in India. While ceramic technology course in itself is quite popular in first world countries such as the United States of America, Australia, the United Kingdom, France or Japan, a ceramic technology diploma course in India is taking up pace and is increasing its demand and foothold amongst the student community.
In this particular article on a diploma in ceramic technology, we are going to provide a detailed analysis of the course and not just a rudimentary idea about the course. Since this is a very new and nuanced course in the field of engineering, not many students might be aware of a ceramic technology course and we aim to provide enough information here.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details Streamwise, and Category wise.
- What is a Diploma in Ceramic Technology?
- Why should you do Ceramic Technology Diploma Course?
- Ceramic Diploma Course Eligibility Criteria
- Diploma Ceramic Technology Admission Process
- Diploma in Ceramic Technology Syllabus
- Diploma in Ceramic Technology Course Structure
- Ceramic Diploma Colleges in India
- Diploma in Ceramic Technology Career Prospects
- Ceramic Technology Diploma Recruiting Companies
- FAQ’s on Diploma in Ceramic Technology
What is a Diploma in Ceramic Technology?
A diploma ceramic technology course is a three-year course that deals with the study of design, manufacturing, maintenance and application of ceramic materials in the field of civil engineering, plastics, glass manufacturing, automobiles and construction. The main objective of the course is to equip students with basic knowledge of the most common material that is used in the construction of buildings, dams, bridges and roads, that is the ceramic material.
The course is quite different from a diploma in civil engineering or construction management because in a diploma in ceramic technology, the students are more concerned with the material behaviour and its properties while a diploma in civil engineering and construction, students are more concerned about the structure of the building and its design and less about the materials used in the construction.
Why should you do Ceramic Technology Diploma Course?
Below mentioned are the reasons to pursue Diploma Ceramic Technology Course.
- Students looking for a high return on investment (ROI) can do a diploma in ceramic technology in any of the universities that offer this program across India.
- Since the fees for these courses are relatively low in comparison with a bachelor’s or master’s degree, students who want to have a stable career with minimum investment in education should go for a diploma in ceramic technology.
- Since the course duration is 3-years, one can get into the job market and start earning and get hands-on experience at a much early stage in their career in comparison with students with bachelor’s or master’s degree in ceramic technology.
- After completion of a ceramic technology diploma course, students can opt for higher education and post-graduation level course.
- The job market for ceramic technology graduates is increasing because ceramic is one such material that is used widely in various industries.
- Since ceramic material is used in various industries across the world, students can opt to work in different industries ranging from construction, civil engineering, electronic and electrical manufacturers, automobile industry, etc and have a wider area of exposure and expertise.
Ceramic Diploma Course Eligibility Criteria
- Students should have a pass certificate from their 10th standard to get admission into a ceramic technology diploma
- The minimum aggregate a student should have to get a seat in diploma in ceramic technology in his or her 10th standard is 35% in the main subjects such as science and mathematics
- Students should have learned English as one of the primary subjects in their class 10
Diploma Ceramic Technology Admission Process
- Since this is a very new course and not many colleges offer it, there is no entrance based admission for a diploma in Ceramic Technology.
- Students can opt for any college that offer this program and file an application by paying the relevant fee to the college authorities.
- Once the students are shortlisted by the colleges, they need to provide documents such as 10th standard pass certificate, transfer certificates, migration certificates, age proof, caste certificates and income certificates to colleges to proceed with further admission procedures.
- Certain colleges might conduct counseling or personality interview test before providing admission to students for diploma in ceramic technology. In such cases, the student needs to clear the interview to proceed further for admission into the college of his or her desire.
Diploma in Ceramic Technology Syllabus
The following are the subjects of study that are thought to students in the three-year course of diploma in ceramic technology:
- Basics of ceramics
- Fundamentals of computer
- Strength of Materials
- Mechanics of Materials
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Chemistry
- Engineering Science
- Basics of coating technology
- Applied Physics
- Basics of electrical and electronic communication
- Refractory ceramic
- Cement Technology
- Concrete Technology
- Ceramic Raw Materials
- Manufacture of Ceramics
While the above mention subjects are theoretical subjects, below are some of the practical subjects that are thought to students in course:
- Product Testing laboratory
- Raw material testing laboratory
- Chemistry Lab
- Physics Lab
- Geology Laboratory
- Applied Sciences Lab
- Ceramics Testing Lab
- Machinery Testing Laboratory
- Ceramic Processing Laboratory
- Concrete Laboratory
- Project Works
Diploma in Ceramic Technology Course Structure
- The duration of the course of diploma in Ceramic Technology is 3 years.
- The average fee for this course in most universities in India is not more than Rs. 1 lakh.
- This is a diploma level course that can be pursued by students after their 10th standard examination.
- The course is divided into 6 semesters, spread across three years.
- Students will have to give and clear examinations at the end of each semester.
Ceramic Diploma Colleges in India
The following are the top 10 colleges in India that offer the 3-year program of Diploma in Ceramic Technology:
- Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum
- Andhra University College of Engineering, Vishakapatnam
- University College of Science, Technology, and Agriculture, Kolkata
- Swami Vivekanand University, Sagar.
- Indian Institute of Ceramics, Kolkata
- Raja Bazar Science College, University of Calcutta, Kolkata
- Utkalmani Gopabandhu Institute of Engineering, UGIE, Rourkela
- HKE Society’s PDA College of Engineering, Gulbarga
- University College of Engineering and Technology, Bikaner
- Institute of Ceramic Technology, Cuddalore
Diploma in Ceramic Technology Career Prospects
A graduate with a diploma in ceramic technology can work in various industries across the country such as:
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Automobile Manufacturers
- Pharmaceutical ingredients manufacture
- Construction Material Manufacturer
- Construction retail Industry
- Plastic Industry
- Chip manufacturers
- Glass manufacturers
- Electric Vehicles Manufacturers etc.
The following are the type of jobs that one might get after his or her graduation from Diploma in Ceramic Technology:
- Engineering Trainee
- Product manager
- Assistant manager
- Engineering executive
- Quality Assurance manager
- Quality Control manager
- Inventory manager
- Product and planning manager
- Senior engineer etc
While the above-mentioned jobs are core jobs or technical jobs, a graduate with a diploma in Ceramic Technology course can also work in non-core jobs in different industries and companies related to ceramics, such as:
- Sales manager
- Territory manager
- Marketing manager
- Business Development managers
- Product Consultant
- Marketing Executive
- Management trainee etc
Ceramic Technology Diploma Recruiting Companies
The following are the top recruiting companies for ceramic technology graduates:
- Saint Gobain
- LIXIL Group of Companies
- Kyocera Corporation
- Mohawk Industries
- Imerys Ceramics
- NITCO Limited
- Asian Granito Indian Limited
FAQ’s on Diploma in Ceramic Technology
1. Is a diploma in Ceramic Technology worth doing?
A diploma in ceramic technology is a perfect course to get into the field of Engineering construction and material management. While the course alone will not help students to have a progressive career path, but this course is a good gateway for students to get a first experience of the field both in terms of academics and industry.
2. What is the average fee for a diploma in ceramic technology?
The average fee for a 3-year diploma in ceramic technology will not be more than Rs. 1 lakh for the entire course.
3. What is the average Diploma in Ceramic Technology Salary?
A graduate with ceramic technology diploma gets Rs. 30,000 to Rs 60,000 per month immediately after graduation.
4. What are the other courses other than a diploma in ceramic technology that one can do?
After the completion of the course, one can pursue a bachelor’s in engineering (B.E) in ceramic technology, a bachelor’s in technology (B.Tech) in ceramic technology or a master’s in technology (M.Tech) in ceramic Technology. After pursuing a master’s degree, if a student is interested in pursuing ceramic technology as an academic career, here she can pursue Ph.D. in ceramic Technology.
5. Which is the top recruiting company for ceramic technology graduates?
Some of the global conglomerates in the field of ceramic technology that hire graduates of diploma in ceramic technology are Saint Gobind Research and Kirloskar.