Construction Management Courses: In this rapidly growing economy, the one thing countries are competing against is the infrastructure. Infrastructure, being a single word, covers a wide range of facilities like bridges, roads, corporate buildings, parks etc. Development of all these things requires proper construction and efficient utilisation of the funds allocated to it. To keep up with the infrastructural development, Construction Management Courses are in demand these days. These courses cover a wide range of activities concerning the construction and management of various facilities like buildings, bridges, roads etc.
If you are someone who loves tall buildings and have an interest in the architectural aspect of them, then this article on construction management courses online is for you. In this article, we have covered various aspects such as course details, eligibility criteria, top colleges, fee structure and career prospects. So let’s get started.
- What is Construction Management?
- Construction Management Courses
- Bachelor’s Degree Course in Construction Management
- Master’s in Construction Management Course
- Diploma Construction Management Course
- Construction Management Course Admission Process
- Top Construction Management Colleges
- Construction Management Career Scope
- Average Salary after Construction Management
- FAQ’s on Construction Management Courses Online
- Final Words
Construction management is a field of study that is designed to teach students various aspects of the construction industry. It is a combination of science and management studies that impart required knowledge and skills to the students who want to build their careers in construction and architecture.
The construction management courses can be divided into three categories i.e. bachelor’s degree courses, master’s degree courses and diploma courses.
A list of various courses in construction management is given below:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Diploma Courses
In this section, we have covered details such as list of top construction management courses Online India in the bachelor’s degee, their fees structure, eligibility conditions, and course duration.
- B.Sc in construction Management
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.E. in Civil Engineering
- BBA in Construction Management
- Bachelor of Architecture
Duration of Bachelor’s Degree Course
The bachelor’s degree courses like B.Sc in construction management and BBA in construction management are of 3 years whereas B.Tech in Civil Engineering, B.Arch and B.E in civil engineering are of 4 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor’s Degree Course
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognised board.
- Except for BBA in Construction Management, you need to have a science stream in class 12th. However, you can pursue BBA with any stream in class 12th.
- For B.E in construction Management and B.Tech in Construction Management, candidates must qualify national level exams like JEE mains and JEE Advanced.
The fee for a bachelor’s degree course in construction management on an average is between 70k to 8 lacs. But it varies from course to course. For example, the fee for a B.Tech in civil engineering is generally ₹1,50,000. However, BBA in construction management can cost you somewhere between ₹50k to ₹ 5 lacs.
Have a look at the top Construction Management Master’s Degree Courses after graduation. Also, get the courses eligibility criteria, duration, and fees in India.
- M.Sc in Construction Management
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering
- M.E. in Civil Engineering
- M.B.A in Construction Management
- Masters of Architecture
Master’s Degree Course in Civil Construction Management Duration
A full-time Master’s degree course in Construction Management is of 2 years divided into 4 semesters.
Eligibility Criteria for Master’s in Construction Management
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognised board
- Except for MBA in Construction Management, you need to have a science stream in class 12th. However, you can pursue MBA with any stream in class 12th.
- For M.E in civil engineering and M.Tech in civil engineering, a candidate’s GATE score is required by the college.
Master’s in Construction Management Fees Structure
The fee for a master’s degree course in construction management on an average is between 50k to 10 lacs. It varies from course to course. For example, the fee for an M.Tech in civil engineering is generally 2-3 lacs. However, an MBA in construction management can cost you somewhere between ₹50k to ₹ 12 lacs.
Find diploma, advanced diploma, pg diploma courses in the field of construction management in the following section. Gather useful information like duration, fees, and eligibility of the courses.
- Diploma in Construction Management
- Advanced Diploma in Construction Management
- PG Diploma in Construction Project Management
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Management
- Diploma in Construction Quality Management
Diploma in Construction Management Duration
The duration of a diploma course in construction management is generally 1 year divided into 2 semesters yearly otherwise.
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Construction Management Course
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognised board.
- For pursuing a diploma in construction management, you don’t need to have a science stream.
- However, some institutes can frame their own eligibility criteria for admission in diploma courses in construction management.
Diploma in Construction Management Fees
A diploma course in Civil construction management can cost you somewhere between 10k to ₹5 lacs. However, the online diploma course can cost less as compared to the on-campus diploma courses in construction management.
Different Construction Management Courses Admission Procedure is included here. Eligible candidates have to score qualify marks in the particular entrance exam to get admission into the courses.
- The process for taking admission in a construction management courses in India depends on the course and the institute
- For bachelor’s courses like B.Tech and B.E. in Civil Engineering, you need to qualify for exams like JEE Mains and JEE Advanced.
- For bachelor courses like BBA and B.Sc in construction management, you need to qualify for the entrance exams of the institute concerned.
- For Master’s courses like M.Tech in civil engineering, you need to qualify for GATE with the minimum percentile as required by the institute.
- For MBA in Construction Management, you need to qualify for national examinations like CAT/XAT/GMAT as required by the institute
These are the list of best Construction Management colleges all over India with their location names.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Delhi Technical University, Delhi
- Symbiosis Institute of Management, Pune
- Amity University, Mumbai
- College of Engineering, Pune
- IIT, Madras
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Integral University, Lucknow
- DY Patil College of Engineering, Pune
- Noida International University, Greater Noida
Students who have finished this free Construction Management Course Online can either do a job or pursue higher studies. Below listed are the names of the job profiles with best salaries.
- Facility manager
- Site Engineer
- Building Surveyor
- Building service Engineer
- Sustainability Consultant
- Estate Manager
- Fire risk assessor
- Field Engineer
- Construction superintendent
The average salary after pursuing construction management can be between ₹ 3.00 lakhs per annum to ₹ 4.25 lakhs per annum for an entry level job. However, after completing B.Tech/M.Tech/MBA in construction management, you can bag up a salary up to ₹6.00 lacs for an entry-level job.
The average salary also varies according to the experience of the individual in the particular field.
1. What is construction management about?
Construction management courses Free are designed for candidates who want to build their careers in the construction industry. The course curriculum covers a wide range of skills and concepts that are required in construction management.
2. What is the scope of construction management in India?
With the increase in government initiatives towards the development of infrastructure of the country, construction management courses Online are in the limelight. With the increased implementation of various infrastructure development projects, the scope of construction management has widened from just being confined to buildings. It now covers a variety of things like public parks, flyovers, roads, corporate buildings etc.
3. What courses in construction management are currently in demand?
Courses like construction engineering and management, M.Sc in construction management, construction ethics and compliance and Project and infrastructure financing, are some of the in-demand courses in construction management.
4. What are the online platforms for construction management courses?
There are various online platforms where construction management courses are listed. However, the popular ones are Udemy, Coursera, Upgrad, Linkedin etc.
In this article on Construction management Courses, we have tried to cover every detail related to the course under various heads. This article provides you with information on various management courses, their eligibility criteria, admission process, fees, top colleges and career prospects. If you have any doubt regarding the article or any of its heads, please comment below your queries. We will try to resolve your doubts to the best of our knowledge. For more such articles, stay tuned to our website.