B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Courses: If you are a graduate who has completed 10+2 level of graduation in the Science stream with PCB as the core subjects, you have the option to become a Cardiac Care professional or technologist.
The employment task of a cardiac care technician is to perform the required activities in the field that requires less medical training before and during the procedure, and the course programme boosts and trains academic education.
The article on the B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology course programme provides a comprehensive analysis of the course and its successful job-oriented career in the medical arena. The report encompasses topics such as – course details, duration, eligibility, admission, curriculum and employment prospects.
- B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Course Highlights
- Skillset Required for B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Courses
- B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Course Duration
- Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Courses
- Admission Protocol for B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Courses
- B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Courses Entrance Examinations
- B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Course Fee Structure
- B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Course Curriculum
- Top Institutions Offering B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Course
- Employment Prospects for a B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Graduate
- Job Roles Under Cardiac Care Technology
- Salary and Pay Package for B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Graduate
- What are the specialisations a B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology graduate can opt for?
- How long is the B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology course programme?
- What is the average salary for a B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology graduate?
- What are the top five institutions that offer the B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology course programme?
All About B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Courses
It is an undergraduate level Bachelor’s Degree program that is a part of an allied healthcare training program. The overall course duration for a B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology course programme is three years. This program is ideal for those who want to build a rewarding career in the healthcare sector.
Cardiac Care is a vital part of the healthcare sector and aims to deal with the treatment and care of any ailment regarding cardiopulmonary system-related. The course programme involves procedures and processes such as medicine, diagnosis, patient education, surgery, or rehabilitation.
Cardiac care technologist mainly assists cardiologists during any crucial and sensitive medical procedures. The course programme enables aspirants to monitor vital signs such as heartbeat, pulse rate, and sometimes, are also involved in the education and patient rehabilitation sector.
|Course Name||B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology|
|Course Duration||Three years with six semesters.|
|Age Limit||The lower age limit is 18 years, and there is no applicable upper age limit specification.|
|B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Eligibility Criteria||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 level board examination in the stream of science from a recognised board of education or equivalent with a minimum of 50 per cent or 55 per cent in the qualified subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology.|
|Placement Opportunities||Academic Institutions, Government and Private Hospitals, Government or Private Clinics, Nursing care Homes or Centres, Mentally disabled Centres, Healthcare Offices, NGOs, Rehabilitation Centres, Emergency Medical Services, and more.|
|Employment Roles||Echocardiographer, Cath Lab Technologist, Cardiovascular Technologist, ICU-intensivist, Dialysis Technician, Consultant Nephrologist, Cardiac Care Technician, Medical Sonographer, Cardiologist, Registered Vascular Specialist, Cardiac Care Technologist, and more.|
|Average B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Salary Offered||Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50,000 per month|
|Advanced Courses||M.Sc, MBA and other PG medical and Diploma courses|
Candidates who want to opt for B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology course programme must adopt skills and qualities that enable them to perform better-
- EKG skills
- Stress tests
- Holter skills
- Cath lab skills
- Patient care skills
- Heart rate
- Stress echocardiograms skills
- Interventional procedures skills
The course duration for the B.Sc Cardialogy courses is a three-year-long undergraduate course programme that follows the semester system of education. The entire course programme is distributed into six semesters, with each semester lasting for six months.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Streamwise, and Category wise
The eligibility conditions are highly subjective and may vary from one institution to another institution. However, the standard eligibility requirements followed by several reputed universities or institutions offering B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology course programme is listed below-
- Candidates must have cleared 10+2 level board examinations in the stream of science from a recognised board of education or equivalent.
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 50 percent or 55 percent in the qualified subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Candidates who belong to the reserved category are offered a relaxation of 5 percent- (a minimum of 45 per cent aggregate).
In India, each college follows either a direct method or an entrance-based method of the admission process as per their requirements. The standard admission protocol for BSc Cardiac Care Technology course is conducted either through Direct admissions or the Merit-based admission.
Several institutions or colleges follow the entrance-based admission process, wherein the institutions offer a standard entrance test. Students have to make an application to be eligible for such exams. Students who qualify for the university-level entrance examinations get through the admission for the course programme.
Colleges that conduct the merit-based admission process carry out the selection process either through a personal interview or a group discussion. Most institutions shortlist candidates based on their past academic education, while the personal Interview and the group discussion add on as a bonus.
Read More Articles:
- B.Sc Agriculture Course Details
- B.Sc Optometry
- B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course
- Courses After B.Sc Zoology
- How to Become a Cardiologist in India?
A few of the well-known entrance examinations for the B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology course programme is listed below:
- Nursing Entrance Test
- Maharshi Dayanand University Common Entrance Exam
- NRTI Admission Aptitude Test (NRTI-AAT)
- Madhya Pradesh Pre Agriculture Test
The average annual B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology fee structure is offered at most colleges or universities in India fluctuates between Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 3,00,000/- per annum. However, government institutions or universities offer the B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology course programme for a lesser fee amount over private colleges or institutions.
The factors that affect the fee structure include ownership of the institution, management quotas, materials, infrastructure, and reputation of the college in the global market.
B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Syllabus is categorised into six semesters and aims to cover all the essential concepts in the field of medical science.
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year|
|Pathology Including Blood-Banking, Clinical Pathology and Haematology||Introduction Cardiac Care Technology||Clinical Cardiac Care Technology|
|Biochemistry||Applied Pharmacology||Applied Cardiac Care Technology|
|Human Anatomy||Medicine Relevant Cardiac Care||Advanced Cardiac Care Technology|
Some of the important subjects present in the B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology course curriculum-
- Applied Cardiac Care Technology
- Advanced Cardiac Care Technology
- Clinical Cardiac Care Technology
B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology course programme is offered in several reputed institutions. Listed below are the top ten institutions along with their location that offers the B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology course in India.
- St Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Manipal University, Manipal
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- AIIMS, Delhi
- Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, Mysore
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Geetanjali University, Udaipur
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry
B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology is a broad course that encompasses an ample variety of employment opportunities for graduates in both government and private sectors. B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology opens the door to a plethora of options with a high pay package from which graduates can choose a suitable profile of their interest and comfort.
Areas of Employment
B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology course graduates from allied areas can choose their domain that interests them or which they can specialise in, such as-
- Academic Institutions
- Government and Private Hospitals
- Government or Private Clinics
- Nursing care Homes or Centres
- Mentally disabled Centres
- Healthcare Offices
- Rehabilitation Centres
- Emergency Medical Services
With adequate experience, graduates from the field of Cardiac Care Technology can advance up to the job profiles in different medical sectors such as-
- Cath Lab Technologist
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Dialysis Technician
- Consultant Nephrologist
- Cardiac Care Technician
- Medical Sonographer
- Registered Vascular Specialist
- Cardiac Care Technologist
The average annual B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology salary can fluctuate anywhere between Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50,000 per month, initially. However, for those graduates with ample experience, professional skills and aptitude, job location, and profile employer, graduates can earn up to Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 1 Lakh per month.
FAQ’s on Bachelor of B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology Courses
A B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology graduate can specialise in areas such as invasive cardiology, vascular technology, echocardiography, and non-invasive cardiology to expand their course programme.
The course duration for B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology course is a three-year-long undergraduate course programme that follows the semester system of education. The entire course programme is distributed into six semesters, with each semester lasting for six months.
The average annual salary of a B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology graduate can fluctuate anywhere between Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50,000 per month, initially. However, for those graduates with ample experience, professional skills and aptitude, job location, and profile employer, graduates can earn up to Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 1 Lakh per month.
The top five institutions that offer the course programme are St Xavier’s College, Mumbai, Manipal University, Manipal, Madras Medical College, Chennai, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, and AIIMS, Delhi.
We hope that the information mentioned above regarding the B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology course details has helped improve your understanding of the subject with in-depth knowledge.