B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course: The respiratory Therapist course teaches aspirants to diagnose and treat cardiopulmonary problems. The main objective of the B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course is to train the graduates in the processes or methodologies of analyzing, treating, and carrying out diagnostic checks. Completion of clinical practice hours during the internship is a crucial part of the degree requirements. Candidates having an interest in pursuing this course can check out crucial information related to duration, eligibility, fee, syllabus, admission, jobs, and salary offered.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Stream wise, and Category wise.
About B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course
Sc Respiratory Therapist Course is well-designed to train interested aspirants so that they become capable of assisting specialists in treating various cardiopulmonary diseases. The course enables candidates to research different technological advancements and focus on human anatomy and much more. This four-year degree course requires that every candidate complete a one-year internship. The internship will help aspirants to understand the numerous methods of approaching situations and handling challenges in multiple ways.
B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course Details
|Course||B. Sc Respiratory Therapist|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapist|
|Eligibility||Minimum 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in class 12th|
|Course Fee||Rs. 50,000- Rs. 15,00,000|
|Course Type||Graduation Degree Course|
|Job profiles||Product Manager, Respiratory Therapist, Clinical Application Specialist, and so on|
|Employment Areas||Hospitals, Clinics, Academic Institutes, and more|
Subjects, Concepts in B. Sc Respiratory Therapist Course
Get acknowledged with the topics and concepts in Respiratory Therapy and have an idea in advance. In the B. Sc Respiratory Therapist Course, interested candidates will undergo theoretical as well as clinical practices:
- Clinical Respiratory Technology
- What are microbiology and its importance
- Physiology topics
- Diagnostic Techniques in Cardio-Respiratory Diseases
- Life Support System
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Respiratory Therapy Techniques
- Bio-Statistics and Physics
List of Colleges Offering B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course
The following are the top colleges offering B. Sc Respiratory Therapist Course in India. You can pick the college according to your preference and join the particular course,
- Manipal School of Allied Health Science
- KMCH Institute of Allied Health Science
- AIMS, Kochi
- JSS University, Mysore
- NRI Academy of Sciences, Guntur
- SIHS, Pune
B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course Eligibility
- Aspirants applying for B. Sc Respiratory Therapist Course should have cleared their class 12th exams in the science stream from a recognized board.
- Students must have secured 60% minimum aggregate marks or higher in PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) subjects or equivalent.
- Various colleges have their criteria and conduct an entrance exam. Candidates may be asked to score at least passing marks in the entrance test.
B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course Fee Structure
The cost for pursuing B. Sc Respiratory Therapist Course generally varies on whether the college is a government or private. Students can expect fees ranging in-between Rs. 55,000 to Rs. 2,50,000.
B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course Admission Procedure
- The admission process for B. Sc Respiratory Therapist Course would either be conducted on the marks obtained in the entrance exam or merit. Admission to this course is done through University Level Counselling based on marks obtained in UPES Engineering Aptitude Test.
- The remaining 20% of seats are filled with the marks obtained by candidates in class 12th. Depending upon the college admission procedure offering the course, interested candidates must meet all the requirements to pursue the course.
B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course Duration
Sc Respiratory Therapist Course is a UG course. After class 12th, candidates studying this course have to spend four years.
B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course Syllabus
The syllabus for B. Sc Respiratory Therapist Course is almost the same for most of the colleges and universities in India:
- Human Anatomy
- Introduction to Respiratory Technology
- Applied Pharmacology
- Medicine Relevant to Respiratory Technology
- Applied Pathology
- Respiratory Technology – Clinical
- Respiratory Technology – Advanced
- Respiratory Technology – Applied
After third-year, candidates have to apply for an internship. It helps them gain experience working as a healthcare professional so that they can apply for a good job and demand a high salary in the future.
B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course Job Profiles
When it comes to career growth and development, then B. Sc Respiratory Therapist serves as one of the most rewarding options under the Allied Health Science programs. Candidates get a chance to work with doctors and other healthcare professionals to treat and care for patients suffering from breathing or other cardiopulmonary diseases. After completing the course, candidates can explore different employment opportunities:
- Respiratory Therapist
- Clinical Respiratory Therapist
- Product Manager
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Specialist
- Consultant Respiratory Therapist
- Product Specialist
Different areas of employment appropriate to a graduate of B. Sc Respiratory Therapist include:
- Nursing homes
- Emergency Departments
- Government and Private Hospitals
- Academic Institutes
Salary Offered to B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course Professional
Candidates who want to pursue a career after B. Sc Respiratory Therapists can expect an average initial salary between 2,00,000- Rs. 15,00,000. The salary range varies with the increasing experience and depending on the location. Candidates having high experience and skills gained over the years can expect better packages.
FAQ’s on B. Sc Respiratory Therapist Course
What skills are required to pursue a B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course?
Respiratory Therapy requires candidates to be compassionate, detail-oriented, and should have problem-solving skills. They must be able to provide emotional support to patients undergoing treatment. During their internship program, they are required to monitor and record vital information related to patient care.
Is there any scope after completing the Respiratory Therapist Course?
Respiratory care is a growing and most renowned healthcare field. It offers a rewarding professional work environment, the satisfaction of knowing what an individual can do to save a patient’s life, and competitiveness. With the high experience, respiratory therapists can expect good salary prospects.
What career profile can I expect after getting a degree in B. Sc Respiratory Therapist course?
After getting the B.Sc Respiratory Therapist degree, candidates can seek their career as Adult Care Specialist, Registered Sleep Center Technologist, Neonatal/ Pediatric Specialist, Pulmonary Function Technician, Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT), or any other.
What is the job of a Respiratory Therapist?
Respiratory Therapists care for patients suffering from chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma or any other. Their patients can vary from premature infants with undeveloped lungs to old-aged patients who have infected lungs.
Summary of B.Sc Respiratory Therapist Course
I hope that the information provided for B. Sc Respiratory Therapist Course fee structure, eligibility, colleges list, admission process, career prospects, and salary is useful to you. Still, if you find any doubts regarding the course, please reach us through the comment section.