Bio Computer Science Group Courses: The course is a unique combination of biology and computer science. It teaches you the ways to use your computer skills to solve biological problems. The topics related to both biology and computer science are taught in this course.
Computational biology course uses quantitative tools and the biology topics such as machine learning, statistical physics, algorithm design, frequency statistics, genetics, evolution, biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology, and more all together in a wide range. Want to know more about the best courses for Bio Computer Science Group, refer to the below modules.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details Streamwise, and Category wise.
- About Bio Computer Science Group Courses
- Bio Computer Science Group Eligibility Criteria
- List of Bio Computer Science Group Courses UG PG & Doctoral
- Skills Required for Bio Computer Science Biologist
- Top Bio Computer Science Group Colleges in India
- List of Bio Computer Science Subjects & Syllabus
- Physics, Chemistry Biology Computer Science Group Career Options
- Computer Science Biologist Group Salary
- FAQ’s on Bio Computer Science Courses in India
To explore more about the biological system the need for computational biologists occurs. The course will teach you how you can use your mathematical and computational skills in the conversion of biological processes into computational models.
Bio Computer Science Courses require you to have a piece of immense knowledge about math, computer science, and biology altogether. In this technological era, it is necessary to adopt the latest trends in the environment. Some functions are performed in the biological segment but it contains raw structures which can later be used for insightful information.
Thus, the Bio Computer Science Group plays an important role. To know more about Bio Computer Science Group Courses you can read the below article. Here, we have included the latest information for the benefit of computational biologists.
You must have cleared class 12th with a minimum aggregate of 50%. In your class XII, you must have studied biology as a main subject. In addition to this, you must also study mathematics, computer science, and statistics. For a postgraduate degree, you must have cleared graduation in the biomedical sciences or relevant science field.
For the computer biologist, a master’s or undergraduate degree is necessary. You can review a few courses for the computational biology under this section and select the suitable one for your career:
- Bachelor of Science in Computational Science and Biomedical Science (BS Major)
- BA/ Bachelor of Science in Computational Biology
- BSc in Computational Science and Zoology
- BSc in Engineering- Biomedical Computation
- BSc in Biological Sciences Concentration – Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- MSc in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Graduate Pathway in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Master of Science in Computational Biology
- MSc in Computational Biology and Quantitative Genetics
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology/Computational Infection Biology
For every domain of education, you must have the required skills and knowledge. Throughout the course, in computational biology, you will learn about various math and computer science techniques. Thus, for further enhancements of your degree, you must pursue these skills:
- Knowledge of computer programming languages such as Python, R, Galaxy Bash, Java, C, C++, etc.
- Must have knowledge of handling bio tools such as Bio-edit, Blast, Clustalw, T-coffee sequence analysis algorithms, BLAT, etc.
- Knowledge of data mining techniques
- Detailed information on Molecular biology and Genetic biology
The bio-computer science courses are little or not known to the youth. But the course is gaining attention now. Even in India, you can find several colleges which are offering courses in Bio Computer Science Group. So, here you can find the list of a few:
- The University of Hyderabad
- IBAB, Bangalore
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
- Garden City University, Banglore
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Science, Banglore
- Pondicherry University, Puducherry
- Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital
- Central University of Punjab
- Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Noida
- University School of Biotechnology, Dwarka, New Delhi
More Related Articles
- How to become a Marine Biologist?
- Computer Science Engineering Course
- Diploma Computer Science Course
- Bio Medical Courses
- How to become Bio Technologist in India?
- BSc Computer Science Courses
The Bio Computer Science Group Course includes a syllabus related to both biology and computer science. Thus, the syllabus is vast and it has a lot to offer you while you study. You can read here the topics involved in the course.
- Molecular Evolution
- Analytical Methods in Biotechnology
- Sequence Analysis
- Molecular Modeling and Molecular Dynamics
- Programming Language
- Database Management System
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Immunology and Pharmacology
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- General Biology
- Communication Skills in Science and Technology
- Biodiversity and IPR
- Genomics and Proteonomics
Bio Computer Science is in great demand these days. The firms like Oncology research and development departments generally employ the students in this category. Your main role after the completion of your degree is to provide computational support to the researchers. This can be done by checking the private and public genomic data and later investigating it in potential treatment pathways.
Companies are waiting for you to apply in the bio-computer science field. You can get a job with Pharmaceuticals, Research, and Development, Agriculture, etc. companies. The major job profile which you can choose can be:
- Computer and Information Research Scientist
- Biology Content Developer
- Computational Biochemist
- Senior Research Assistant/Associate (Biology)
- Molecular Biologist
- Biomedical Technician
- Bio Technologist
The salary is quite good for computational biologists. But it depends on the job profile you are offered. You can earn around Rs 30 lakhs to Rs 1 cr. The Computer and Information Research Scientist receives the highest salary. Here is the detailed salary mentioned according to the job profile after Bio Computer Science Group Courses.
|Computer Science Biologist Group Job Profile||Computer Science Biologist Group Salary in India|
|Biology Content Developer||Rs 42 lakhs – Rs 50 lakhs|
|Biomedical Technician||Rs 46 lakhs – Rs 95 lakhs|
|Computational Biochemist||Rs 35 lakhs – Rs 44 lakhs|
|Computer and Information Research Scientist||Rs 64 lakhs – Rs 1.14 cr|
|Molecular Biologist||Rs 30 lakhs – Rs 61 lakhs|
|Senior Research Assistant or Associate Biologist||Rs 52 lakhs – Rs 67 lakhs|
FAQ’s on Bio Computer Science Courses in India
1. What are the Bio Computer Science Group jobs?
Biology Content Developer, Biomedical Technician, Computational Biochemist, Computer and Information Research Scientist, Molecular Biologist, Senior Research Assistant, and more are the free job profiles that are offered to the Computational Biologists.
2. What are Bio Computer Science Group Courses?
Bio Computer Science Group Courses are a unique combination of biology and computer science. In the courses, all the topics related to biology and computer science are taught in this course. With the help of these courses, you will learn the ways to use your computer skills to solve biological problems.
3. What is the eligibility for Bio Computer Science Group Courses?
The basic eligibility for the graduate Biologist Computer Science courses is that students must have pursued science in their class 12th and clear it with a minimum of 55% marks.
4. What is the average salary after Bio Computer Science Courses?
The average salary for a computational biologist is Rs 30 lakhs to Rs 1 cr. The salary structure differs from firm to firm. It also depends on your job profile and the roles you are performing in the company.
Thus, with the latest information on Bio Computer Science Group Courses in India, you can build your career in the same. Also, if you are planning to start your career as a computational biologist then we Ncertbooks.guru will help you to gather more information on the same.