Best Animation Courses after 12th: Animation is one of the creative domains in which students can pursue degrees. It is considered the sought career option after class 12th. Animated cartoons and movies are a gift by the animation industry to our eyes. For people who want to turn their imagination into reality then animation is the best career choice for them.
Here, in this below article we are providing you with detailed information about the animated courses after the 12th in India. You will read about the animated courses fees, duration, eligibility, online courses, top colleges, entrance exams, salary, career scope, and a lot more.
- About Animation Courses after 12th
- Overview of Animation Courses after 12th
- Animation Courses after 12th Duration
- Eligibility Criteria for Animation Courses After 12th
- List of Animation Courses after 12th
- Undergraduate Animation Courses After 12th
- Diploma Courses Animation Courses After 12th
- Animation Certificate Courses After 12th
- Online Animation Courses
- Animation and Multimedia Courses after 12th
- 3D Animation Courses after 12th
- Animation and VFX Courses after 12th
- Animation Courses after 12th Fees and Colleges
- Career Scope After Animation
- Animation Courses after 12th Salary
- FAQs on Animation Courses after 12th
With the rise of animation and virtual visualization, the need for animators has also seen a huge rise. There are various domains available in the animation courses such as diploma certificates, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees. In this technological world, the need for animation is rising day by day around the globe.
In these animated courses offered by the top institutes, you will learn a lot about the roles and techniques used in the animation sector. Since our childhood, we have been fans of various anime. This generation is not so different from us they are also interested in anime, 3D movies, and other animated effects. Thus, the career is bright in the animation courses.
Digitalization has given rise to animation and if you are willing to develop your career in the same then in the below table you get to know about the outline for animated courses after the 12th.
|Mode of education||Online and Offline|
|Admission Process||Merit or entrance-based|
|Eligibility Criteria||Pass class 12th with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized institution|
|Average Fees||Rs 5,000 to Rs 2,00,000|
|Salary Offered||Rs 1.8 to Rs 2 lakhs per annum|
|Top Job Profiles||
The duration of the courses varies according to their profiles. Also, the syllabus which you study in the different courses varies. Here you may the duration of the animated courses in India.
- Certificate – 6 months
- Diploma – 1 year
- UG Courses- 3 to 4 years
- PG Courses – 2 years
- PhD- 2 to 5 years
It depends on the colleges under which guidelines they admit the students. Some may admit based on the entrance exam and some admit based on the merit list. However, the common eligibility criteria which are necessary are as follows:
|Certificate||Students must pass class 10th or 12th from a recognized institution|
|Diploma||Must have passed class 12th with a minimum of 50% marks|
|Undergraduate||Must have passed class 12th from any stream with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board|
|Postgraduate||Must have earned a bachelor’s degree in animation or the relevant subjects|
|Doctorate||Must have cleared PG degree in the relevant subject|
You have numerous opportunities to pursue animation courses after 12th class in almost every domain. There are courses available at diploma, certificate, UG, PG, and Ph.D. levels. These animation courses are super fun and knowledgeable. Some students found the UG and PG level courses level lengthy because they teach you about the animation syllabus in a detailed manner.
If you want to become an animator then a bachelor’s degree is a must. Here, in the below list you may find the list of top animated courses in India after the 12th.
- Bachelor of Visual Arts
- BDes in Animation
- Diploma in CG Animation
- BA in Digital Filmmaking and Animation
- BSc in Animation
- BA in Animation and Graphic Design
- Diploma in Digital Animation
- BSc in Animation and Gaming
Undergraduate courses are the prior choice for the students after completion of class 12th. These courses offer you detailed knowledge about animation. You may also get an opportunity to work just after the completion of these courses. If you want to build a serious career in animation then a bachelor’s is a good choice.
- BFA in Animation
- B.Sc. Game Designing & Development
- B.Sc Animation
- B.Sc. in Game Design
- B.Sc in Animation and Film Making
- Bachelor in Media, Animation & Design
- B.F.A. in Game Art and Design
- B.Sc (Hons) Game Programming
- B.Des. in Visual Communication
- B.Sc Gaming & Mobile Application Development
- B.A. (Hons.) in Communication Design (Visual Effects)
- B.Sc in Animation and Gaming
- B.Design in Graphics
- B. Sc. in Graphics, Animation, and Gaming
- BA (Hons) Motion Graphics & Animation
- B.Sc. Media Graphics and Animation Degree
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Game Development
- BFA – Digital Film Making and VFX
The diploma courses are also one of the best domains for animation courses for those students who are not able to complete a bachelor’s degree. Few bachelors animated courses are
- Diploma in Web Designing and Programming
- Diploma in Game Arts Professional
- Advance Diploma in Game Development
- Advanced Program in Digital Media & Design
- Diploma in Animation
- Diploma In Graphic Design and Motion Graphics
- Diploma Game Development
- Diploma in Game Programming
- Diploma in Game Art and Design
- Diploma in Game Engineering
For those students who do not have much time to study animated courses after the 12th certificate courses are the best option for them. If you want to gain knowledge in a short time certificate courses are a good choice as they create career opportunities for the students. They will provide you with job-oriented knowledge and there are various companies which hire certificate course holders.
- Certificate in Advanced Gaming
- Certificate in 2d and 3d Animation
- Certificate in Advanced Rigging and Animation
- Certificate in Graphic Designing and Digital Art
- Certificate in Visual Effects
- Certificate in Mobile Gaming
- Certificate in Advanced Web Designing & Animation
- Certificate in Game Design
- Certificate Course in Game Development
- Certificate in Digital Art & VFX
- Certificate in Digital Photography
The online courses in animation are a blessing for the students who are working or cannot spend much time in studying animation courses. These courses are offered by the top institutes such as Coursera, skillshare, Udemy, and a lot more which are offering free online animation courses for students.
You can complete these courses at a minimal cost. But few institutions may charge you some amount for the certificate after the completion of these courses. They are completed in a short time and without even spending a penny you can earn a certificate.
|After Effects Motion Graphics Beast||Udemy||Rs 455|
|Angular Styling & Animations||Udemy||Rs 455|
|Learn SVG Animation||Udemy||Rs 455|
|Learn to Animate||Udemy||Rs 455|
|Game Design: Art and Concepts Specialization||Coursera||Free|
|Getting Started with Adobe Spark||Coursera||Free|
|Interactive Computer Graphics||Coursera||Free|
|Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice||Coursera||Free|
|Unity Certified 3D Artist||Coursera||Free|
|Online Animation Classes||Skillshare||Free|
In the animation and multimedia courses, you will get to know about the ways of creating visual effects. You will learn various techniques such as 2D animation, 3D animation, 3D Computer generated 2D hand drawing, Creating animation sequences in stop motion, and a lot more. The best animation and multimedia courses are;
- BA in Animation and Multimedia
- B.Sc. – Animation and Multimedia
- B.Sc. in Multimedia
- B.Design in Multimedia
- Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Course
- Certificate in 2D Animation
- Certificate Graphics and 2D Animation
These days 3D movies and anime are in great demand, and this industry needs people who can expand and build growth in the same. In these 3D animation courses, you will get to know about the software such as Max, Maya, 3D, and many others. Few 3D animation courses are:
- Diploma in 3D Animation & VFX
- Certificate in 3D Animation
- Diploma 3D Animation
- Diploma in Visual Effect & 3D Animation
- BA (Hons) 3D Design
- Certificate in Graphics and 3D Animation
VFX is known as visual effects which are used in various games, anime, movies, etc. VFX courses help you in learning the tools such as adobe photoshop, Autodesk Maya, apple soundtrack pro, and more. Here, are the top VFX and animation courses defined.
- B.Sc. in Animation and VFX
- BFA. – Animation and VFX
- Diploma in Animation and VFX
- Certificate in VFX
- Diploma in VFX & Cine Effects
- Diploma in VFX (Visual Effects)
The following table gives the average course fee for different animation course colleges in India.
|IIT Bombay, Mumbai||Rs 32,000|
|PSGR Krishnammal College for Women, Coimbatore||Rs 12,450|
|VIT Vellore||Rs 99,000|
|Fergusson College, Pune||Rs 76,145|
|Loyola College, Chennai||Rs 22,120|
|JMI New Delhi||Rs 84,620|
|Pearl Academy, New Delhi||Rs 6,25,800|
|MAHE Manipal||Rs 60,000|
The increase in career opportunities for the animation industry is amazing around the globe. The advertising and the movie industry demand skilled and experienced people who can work in the animation domain. Thus, choosing animation is a secure career option. Here are a few job profiles in the animation sector.
- Digital Painter
- Storyboard Artist
- Production Designer
- Layout Artist
The salary structure after animation courses in India is quite good. Even freshers can earn Rs 1 lakhs to Rs 3 lakhs per annum. With the further experience and skills, you will see s huge rise in the salary structure up to Rs 10 lakhs per annum.
|Job Profile||Average Salary (Per annum)|
|3D Modeler||Rs 5,00,000-7,00,000|
|Art Director||Rs 6,00,000-8,00,000|
|Film and Video Editor||Rs 6,00,000-10,00,000|
1. Can we pursue Animation courses after 12th Commerce?
Yes, commerce students can also pursue animation courses. Despite being any stream such as arts, commerce, or science any student can pursue animation courses after the 12th.
2. Which are the top companies hiring animation students?
The top companies which are dealing in animation domains are Max, Silverton Studio, Pentamedia Graphics, Padmalaya Telefilms, Heart Entertainment Limited, Maya Entertainment Ltd, Walt Disney, Crest Animation Studios Ltd, UTV Toonz, Animation industries, Sony, Jadooworks Pvt Ltd, and more.
3. What are the necessary skills for animators?
Skills are necessary for every course. But animation needs you to hold a few capabilities such as creativity, imagination, time management, a Unique approach, Sketching or Drawing, teamwork, quick learning, etc.
Animation courses after the 12th are not known to many students. This is a good option if you are not interested in studying traditional courses. The career scope is exorbitant which creates interest among the students. Thus, if you are planning to pursue animation course details then go ahead. If you feel to ask any doubts do not hesitate to reach out. You may contact us through the Ncertbooks. guru.