Acting Courses in India: Nowadays, many youngster’s dreames is “to be an actor or actress”. But the youngster who believe to find the peak in acting and movies field, they have the biggest doubt that ‘How to become an actor or actress?’. In the initial stage, no one will have an idea because of a lack of experience. Acting is a kind of performing art, more than that it is a talent. To enhance that talent and to fulfill your dream career options acting.
All you need to do is joining the Acting Courses in India. If you need help to find out the best degree or diploma or certificate courses in acting, then this is the right page for you. Here, we are providing acting course details, a list of degree courses, diploma courses, and certificate courses in Acting along with the career options they can found in PAN India. Also, we have listed top acting schools or institutes details in this article.
Contents in this Article:
- About Acting Courses in India
- Career Opportunities in Acting
- Acting Course Fee
- Degree Courses in Acting Field in India
- List of Diploma & PG Diploma Courses in Acting
- Certificate Courses in Acting
- Specialized fields in Acting Career
- Top Institutes/Acting Schools in India
- Entrance Exams/Admissions for Acting Courses in India
- Advantages of appearing the Acting Audition Selection Workshop
- FAQs on Acting Courses in India
About Acting Courses in India & Major Subjects in Acting
Acting is an art where some people will get by birth and some will train themselves to become actors/actresses based on their interest and love on acting. It is an activity in which a story plays the main aspect where actor/actress adopts the character into them and plays with the same emotions in television serials, film, radio, theatre, or any other medium that makes use of the mimetic mode.
Acting involves a wide range of skills, including a well-developed imagination, physical expressivity, vocal projection, clarity of speech, emotional facility, and the ability to interpret drama. Acting also demands an ability to employ dialects, accents, improvisation, observation and emulation, mime, and stage combat. Most of the top actors or actresses train themselves in special acting programs, or colleges, or schools to enhance their talents and skills in Acting.
To get the right career or break in the films, one should perform their skills in audition or prove themseleves in short films or add films or tik toks or other mediums. If candidates have a filmy background then they can easily get into the movies or television without any struggles. But they will also finish the acting courses from the top acting schools in india or other countries and brushen up their skills before acting any of the character.
The following are the major fields/subjects in Acting that one should know about it. They are as under,
- Theatre Arts
- Screenplay Writing
Also, Check Related Articles:
Career Opportunities in Acting
After completing your Acting Courses in India, you can become a qualified actor/actress for any roles in movies, series, short films, etc. If you are thinking that there is no plenty of opportunities for Actors/Actresses after completing 10th & 12th standards, then you’re wrong. The following are the career options of Acting:
- Stage Performers
- Stage Show Anchors
- Acting consultant
- Ad Agency
- Performing arts critic
- Television Show Hosts
- Theatre writer
- Teacher in Actings
- Acting Trainer
- Brand Ambassador
Employment Areas of Acting Career
- Acting Institutes
- Advertising Agencies
- Acting Workshops
- Modeling Agencies
- Event Organisations
- Movie Production Houses
- Music Companies
Job Types of Acting
Here is the list of a few Job Profiles of this Acting Field that candidates can become after completing their Acting Courses from Top Acting Schools in India.
- Lead actor/actress
- Supporting actor/actress
- Stunt man
- Crowd actor/actress
- Acting instructor
- Dialogue instructor
List of Top Recruiters that Offers Job Chances in Acting
- PVR Pictures
- Aamir Khan Productions
- Yash Raj Films
- Balaji Telefilms
- R.K. Films
- Dharma Productions
- Eros International
- Reliance Big Entertainment
- Gemini Studios – Chennai
- Viacom 18 Motion Pictures
- Mukta Arts
- Rajshri Productions – Mumbai
- Trimurti Films
- UTV Motion Pictures
- Vishesh Films
Acting Course Fee
Most of the acting schools follow their own fee structure based on their offering courses & reputation. However, on an average Fee for Acting Course divided into various categories. Following are the acting course fee for each category:
Part-time Certificate Course:
- Acting and Dance: Rs 25,000
- Only Acting: Rs 20,000
- Acting and Dance: Rs 12,500
- Only Acting: Rs 10,000
4 Months Weekend Programme:
- Acting and Dance: Rs 75,000
- Only Acting: Rs 65,000
Degree Courses in Acting Field in India
Below is the table where you can see a list of all degree courses available in the acting field. The candidate who is crazy about acting from childhood and want to learn the skills more efficiently then he/she need to complete the degree course in acting. You can choose any of the courses out of three UG degree courses like B.A, BA (Hon), B.T.A. If you want to continue your practice in Acting schools, then you must take up the next degree courses i.e., Masters and doctorate courses in Acting. Check out the table thoroughly and select any of the courses that you’re interested to complete.
|Degree Courses in Acting||Total Colleges|
|B.A. (Acting)Bachelor’s Degree in Acting||2|
|B.A. (Hons) (Drama)Bachelor of Arts Honours in Drama||3|
|Bachelor of Theatre Arts (B.T.A.)Bachelor of Theatre Arts||1|
|M.A. (Indian Theatre)Master of Arts in Indian Theatre||1|
|M.A. (Theatre)Master of Arts in Theatre||6|
|M.F.Tech. (Cinematography)Master in Film Technology (Cinematography)||1|
|M.F.Tech. (Direction & Screenplay Writing)Master in Film Technology (Direction & Screenplay Writing)||1|
|Ph.D. (Dramatics)Doctor of Philosophy in Dramatics||3|
|Ph.D. (Indian Theatre)Doctor of Philosophy in Indian Theatre||1|
List of Diploma & PG Diploma Courses in Acting
The following Acting courses in India help the candidates who finishes their 10th standard and trying to join the Acting schools to enhance their acting talents and skills efficiently. This Diploma and Postgraduate Diploma Courses in Acting teaches the students how to understand the story and get into that particular character very easily without any practice. By doing a diploma in acting course, you can be very confident with any of the roles that you get in your career.
|Diploma Courses in Acting||Total Colleges|
|Diploma in Acting||44|
|Advance Diploma in Acting||1|
|Diploma in Acting and Drama||1|
|Diploma in Direction & Screenwriting||2|
|Diploma in Dramatic Arts||2|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Acting||4|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Dramatics||3|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Theatre Arts||2|
Certificate Courses in Acting
|Certificate Courses in Acting||Total Colleges|
|Certificate Course in Acting||23|
|Certificate Course in Acting and TV Presentation||2|
|Certificate Course in Acting Foundation||1|
List of Three months Certificate Courses in Acting:
- Facing Audience & Removing Inhibition, Freeing Mind & Body
- Clap Board, Ask Yourself Questions
- Voice Projection & Voice Modulation stresses & pauses
- Body Language
- Acting Exercises, Mirror Exercises
- Getups, approaching a character, Observation, Improvisation
- Camera Facing, Miming, Understanding Different Emotions, Mannerism
- Discussing films
- Biography of famous actors/actresses
- Sound – Background music, SFX
List of Six months Certificate Courses in Acting:
- Diction Exercises
- Elements of Modelling
- Dance – Exercises, Movement, Dance Steps
- Stunts – Basic Ground Movements, Exercises for Flexibility, Action Reaction, Jumps & Acrobats,
- Stunts Choreography, Use of Spring Boards
- Acting in Side Roles & its importance
- Lip Sync, Feeling the Lyrics
- Character Dubbing
- Synchronization of steps with others
- Setting full song with other artists
- Complicated Dance steps
- Making of Show Reels
Specialized fields in Acting Career
In an acting career, you guys will have plenty of fields and platforms to showcase your talents and earn some income to settle in your life. However, we have gathered a few specialized fields in an Acting career that you should try and develop your fame across the country.
- Movie Acting
- Theatrical Acting
- Stage Performance
- Television Acting
- Voice Over’s
Acting Course: Partial Content Over
- Body Language
- Dialogue Delivery
- Role Analysis
Top Institutes/Acting Schools in India
|Name of the Institute||Location||Average Course Fee (in INR)|
|Film and Television Institute of Hyderabad||Hyderabad||70K|
|Asian Academy of Film and Television||Noida||56K|
|Indira School of Communication||Pune||1.8 Lacs|
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology||Bhubaneswar||50K|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University||Jaipur||30K|
|Shiv Nadar University||Greater Noida||55K|
|Film and Television Institute of India (FTII)||Erandwana, Pune||48.8K|
|Department of Film, TV and Animation Studies, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan||Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Delhi||40K|
|R. K. Films and Media Academy||Karol Bagh, Delhi||75.7K|
|Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication||Dwarka, Delhi||90K|
|National Institute of Film and Fine Arts||Kolkata||70K|
|Indira School of Communication||Pune||1.8 Lac|
|International School of Media and Entertainment Studies||Noida||4 lacs|
|AJK Mass Communication Research Centre||Okhla, Delhi||62.5K|
|SRM University, Chennai – Ramapuram Campus||Guindy, Chennai||89K|
Entrance Exams/Admissions for Acting Courses in India
If you want to get an admission to complete your acting course, first and foremost, you should search for the best acting schools and find the contact details and followup them for knowing about the admission process. Know the Acting Courses Details like criteria, etc and fill the form and pay the fees & complete your dream project with a good start.
Some of the schools and college of acting will conduct an entrance exams with general aptitude and other topics. And a few acting studios & schools conducts admission on first come first serve basis. So, check out the details earlier and complete your course.
After the completion of course, some of the schools itself offer the career options to work in add films and TV serials. Or else, you have to choose a right and valid industry to set the career in Acting field. Check out the following acting schools criteria and get admission for Acting Courses in India to start your career.
- Whistling Woods International: It conducts an entrance exam that would assess you over General Aptitude, Monologue, SOP- State of purpose, etc.
- Barry John Acting Studio: The session begins in November, and the admission is on a first come first serve basis.
Some Entrance after your Graduation
- National School of Drama (NSD): They have an exhaustive procedure to admit students. There is a preliminary round of audition or a practical test. In the final round, there is a workshop of 4–5 days.
- Film and Television Institute of India (FTII): The tentative date for entrance is around August, and the admission is based on a Written test + Interview.
Advantages of appearing the Acting Audition Selection Workshop
Below are the benefits that can be obtained by the candidates after attending the Acting Audition Selection Workshop:
- Candidates who attend the Acting Audition Selection Workshop will get to know the techniques that are needed to clear the auditions easily and also realize yourself as an actor.
- For the students who complete their course in acting should know the importance of the giving auditions effectively.
- In the Acting Audition Selection Workshop, they offer in-depth techniques for auditioning in front of the camera.
- Actors who have less confidence & low motivation will gain a knowledge about how to win auditions and get a break in movies.
- The workshop is comprehensive and prepares you to jump-start your acting career in a short time.
FAQs on Acting Courses in India – Career in Acting after 10th & 12th
1. How can I become an Actor/Actress in India?
Below is the list of 10 steps to get success in the field of Acting in India:
- Join an Acting School.
- Take an Online MasterClass.
- Create a Portfolio, Website, and Social Media Presence.
- Learn Hindi or Try Regional Films.
- Network with Influential Bollywood Insiders.
- Approach a Casting Agency.
- Use Social Media to Find Acting Auditions in Mumbai.
- Attend every Hindi Movie Audition you get called to.
- Set goals and constantly improve yourself.
- Have faith and patience.
2. Can I join Acting School after 12th?
As acting is a sort of performing art but it doesn’t mean that only art students can go for this. Students who have completed their 12th standard in Science or Commerce stream can also go for acting courses in India if they are really excited to do it.
3. Where can I study to become an actor?
List of Best 7 Acting Schools in the World is given here below:
- Tisch School of the Arts, New York City.
- Guildhall School of Music & Drama, London.
- National Institute of Dramatic Art, Kensington.
- Oxford School of Drama, Woodstock.
- American Conservatory Theater, San Francisco.
- University Of Southern California, Los Angeles.
- Yale School of Drama, New Haven.
4. Which is the Best Acting Schools in India for Admission in Acting courses?
Some of the Major Acting Schools & Colleges in India are as follows:
- Film and Television Institute of India
- Asian Academy of Film & Television (AAFT)
- National Institute of Film and Fine Arts (N.I.F.F.A.)
- Ramesh Sippy Academy of Cinema and Entertainment (RSACE)
- National School of Drama
- Whistling Woods International
- Barry John Acting Studio, Mumbai
We believe that the information shared above regarding Acting Courses in India has cleared all your confusion to an extent. Still, you do have any queries about career options in Acting after 10th and 12th standards, or best Acting Schools in India, let us know via the comment section so that we will help you asap. Visit or bookmark our site for more information on various Best Courses in India & its Career options.