UPSC Mains Statistics Reference Books: Statistics is a optional subject for civil service examination. we are providing UPSC Mains Statistics books for reference. Here we suggested Best UPSC books with author and publication name for UPSC 2020 exam. The following are the Statistics books are in Hindi medium and English.
IAS Mains Statistics Exam Date 2020 & Reference Books
IAS Mains Exam Update 2020: Civil Services IAS mains exam is going to be held in the month of June 2020. Usually, the exam will be held in two sessions. Morning Session will be from 9 AM to 12 PM whereas the evening session is held from 12 PM to 5 PM.
UPSC IAS Mains Statistics Exam 2020 will be held on June 2020
UPSC Mains Statistics Reference Books 2020
- An Introduction to Probability Theory & Mathematical Statistics -V K Rohtagi
- An Outline of Statistical Theory (2 Vol.) -A M Goon, M K Gupta and B .Dass Gupta
- Fundamentals of Applied Statistics-S C Gupta and V K Kapoor
- Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics – SC Gupta
- Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics-A C Gupta and V K Kapoor
- Fundamentals of Statistics (2 Vol.)- A M Goon, M K Gupta and B Dass Gupta
- Introductory Probability and Statistical Applications – Paul Meyer
- Sampling Techniques-William G. Cochran
- Sampling Theory of Surveys with applications – B. V Sukhatme & B V Sukhatme
Statistics Subject in UPSC Mains Examination
UPSC Mains Statistics optional subject is a branch of mathematics dealing with the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and organization of data. In applying statistics to, e.g., a scientific, industrial, or social problem, it is conventional to begin with a statistical population or a statistical model process to be studied. Populations can be diverse topics such as “all people living in a country” or “every atom composing a crystal.” Statistics deals with all aspects of data including the planning of data collection in terms of the design of surveys and experiments.
Why UPSC Reference/ Suggested Books are Vital?
UPSC Suggested Books for Statistics gives you a glimpse of background information(definitions, details, facts, dates) and can assist in focusing on your topic. It is a good place to begin your research. You can access the reference materials for UPSC Civil Services Exam like encyclopedias, handbooks, almanacs, and dictionaries. In order to excel in the UPSC Mains Examination refer suggested books for Statistics by Experts. Go through the compilation of books on this page and make your preparation easy.
I wish, the data prevailing on our page regarding UPSC Mains Statistics Reference Books cleared your queries to an extent. For more such concerns you can drop us a comment via comment box and we will try to clarify them at the earliest possible. Kindly, keep in touch with our site for availing the latest updates on UPSC Exams.