Guys who are searching for PSEB board details can refer to this page. We as a team collected so much about Punjab school education board PSEB and compiled over here. So, parents & students can check this article entirely and know completely about the Punjab Board of Education.
It mainly formed for the development and promotion of school education in Punjab state. The major responsibility of PSEB is to conduct the secondary and higher secondary examination. For more details like the functions of Punjab board, go ahead and check out the below sections without fail & also you will get to know all about PSEB.
- All About PSEB
- Functions Of The Punjab Board
- Exams Conducted by PSEB
- Punjab Board Matriculation Examination & Results
- PSEB Class 12/HSSLC Examination & Results
- Syllabus of PSEB
- Punjab Board Model Question Papers
- PSEB Exam Pattern
- Punjab School Education Board Books
- FAQs on PSEB State Board Education Details
The Punjab School Education Board (abbreviated as PSEB) existed through a legislative enactment in November 1969 for the expansion and improvement of school education in the state of Punjab. In 1987, the Vidhan Sabha changed the Board’s Act to grant it autonomy.
The scope of the Punjab Board’s functions is quite extensive and comprises almost every aspect/stage of school education. However, a brief description of functions, structure, and activities of the Board is listed below along with an overview of PSEB:
|Punjab School Education Board Overview
|25 November 1969
|Governmental Board of Education
|“Vidya Bhawan”, Phase-8,
Ajitgarh (Mohali) Pin Code -160062
|Manohar Kant Kalohia
|Secretary of School Education (Punjab)
Here are the major roles and responsibilities performed by the PSEB board in the state of Punjab:
- To make efforts to bring about qualitative improvement in school education.
- To make necessary arrangements for smooth conduct of public examination at the school level. At present, the Board conducts public examinations at Middle, Matriculation and Senior Secondary Level.
- To make necessary arrangements for affiliations of schools to the Board.
- To prescribe the curriculum, courses of studies, and textbooks for school education. The Board has a full-fledged academic wing, having subject experts in all the major subjects.
- To arrange for the preparations, compilation, improvement, publication, printing, and sale of textbooks.
- The main responsibility of this wing is to prepare and revise the syllabuses regularly and then prepare textbooks accordingly.
The major role performed by the Punjab school education board (PSEB) is conducting the public examinations at matriculation, middle, and senior secondary levels. Check out the below table and get familiar with an overview of the exams conducted by the PSEB Board.
|Class 7 to 9
PSEB matric exams are administrated by the board strictly every year in the month of March-April. Approximately 4-5 lakh students appear for the class 10 exams in the state of Punjab. So, the Punjab board manages to conduct the exams to all appeared candidates at various test centers throughout the state. In 2018, the pass percentage of PSEB class 10 exams was 57.50%.
Every year Punjab Board conducts the class 12 exams in the month of February-March. In 2018, the pass percentage of appeared students for class 12 exams was 62.36%. Mostly, students can get their Punjab board 12th class scorecards at the end of April every year.
Punjab board is mainly responsible for preparing curriculum and syllabus for all classes and affiliated schools come under PSEB. Prescribed Punjab board syllabus for all courses and classes will be available & updated on its official portal every year. So, download the PSEB Syllabus from here or from the official site and start planning your preparation schedule by covering all important concepts included in the syllabus.
Question papers are the best way to get familiar with all types of questions, marking schemes, exam patterns, and many others. By solving the Punjab board prepared model papers students get insights into various things and helps you to prepare efficiently before the final exams. These sample & model question papers of PSEB are designed to identify students’ preparation level and weak areas so that they can cover up their knowledge gap & improve time management skills.
Exam Pattern is a question paper blueprint. It includes no.of questions, total marks, exam duration, no.of sections, and many more. By referring to the PSEB exam pattern you can find all this information that helps during your preparation. Also, the Punjab board paper pattern makes you plan your preparation accordingly. So, visit the official website of PSEB and get the exam pattern of Punjab board class 1 to class 12 exams.
Textbooks are very important Study materials among all and it helps students to understand the subject easily & quickly. Also, these books of PSEB are designed by the board official subject teachers in a simple language to grasp each and every concept included in the prescribed Punjab Board Syllabus.
However, Punjab Board Textbooks help students to prepare by using solved and unsolved exercises provided at the end of each chapter. So, download PSEB Books for Class 1 to Class 12 from here in pdf format and access them whenever you start your practice sections online & offline.
- Punjab State Board Textbooks for Class 1
- Punjab State Board Textbooks for Class 2
- Punjab State Board Textbooks for Class 3
- Punjab State Board Textbooks for Class 4
- Punjab State Board Textbooks for Class 5
- Punjab State Board Textbooks for Class 6
- Punjab State Board Textbooks for Class 7
- Punjab State Board Textbooks for Class 8
- Punjab State Board Textbooks for Class 9
- Punjab State Board Textbooks for Class 10
- Punjab State Board Textbooks for Class 11
- Punjab State Board Textbooks for Class 12
Keep visiting our site ncertbooks.guru or bookmark it to get updated details about PSEB & latest notifications on Punjab Board Exam Resources like syllabus, exam dates, results, question papers, study materials, etc.
1. What does PSEB stand for?
PSEB stands for Punjab School Education Board which is a board of state education located in Mohali, Chandigarh, India.
2. When was Punjab Board established?
Punjab school education board (PSEB) was established in 1969 under a legislative act of the government of Punjab. The main objective of the PSEB is to prepare the curriculum, syllabus, textbooks, and conduct the standardized examinations for all affiliated public and private schools in the state of Punjab.
3. Where can I find the best PSEB Books to download?
Ncertbooks.guru is a reliable & trusted website which offers all Punjab board exam resources like question papers, study materials, textbooks, etc. You can download class 1 to class 12 Punjab Board textbooks in PDF format from this page.
4. Where can I check my PSEB Class 10 & Class 12 Results?
Students can check SSC and HSC PSEB Results online on the official web portal ie., pesb.ac.in after the declaration.