Are you confused about what you want to do after your 10+2? If you have a scientific inclination and have an interest in research, then filling up the NEST Application Form should be your first preference. The full form of NEST is National Entrance Screening Test. It is an entrance exam that is conducted annually for students who pass out of school from the science stream.
Students who are seeking to get admission to the Centre of Excellence in Basic Sciences (CEBS), Mumbai and National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar (NISER) need to undertake NEST. The first step towards making your dream come true is to fill up the NEST Application Form. There are over 90 centers across India where you can appear for the NEST exam
NEST Application Form 2020 – What Are The Important Dates To Remember
Candidates who are interested in pursuing an integrated M.Sc Program would have to appear for the NEST 2020 examinations. An application form is available only online for a limited period between January to April 2020. Candidates are required to take note of the deadlines regarding the essential dates in the table below.
|Availability of Online Admission Form for NEST 2020||January 07, 2020|
|Last Date to Submit the Online Application Form|
|Issuance of Admit Card||to be announced|
|NEST 2020 Examinations||June 06, 2020
(9:00 AM – 12:30 PM and 2:00 PM – 5:30 PM)
|Declaration of NEST results on the website||June 16, 2020|
How do you know if you are eligible for NEST exam
If you are interested in appearing for the National Entrance Screening Test, then you should be aware of some specific benchmark you must have to qualify to sit for the exam.
- There is no age bar to sit for the NEST exam. The age bar for Schedule Caste (SC), Schedule Tribe (ST), and Divyangjan category are relaxed for up to 5 years.
- You should have class 12th maximum two years before or the same year as to when appearing for the NEST exam.
- If you are giving your class 12th and NEST exam the same year, then you must furnish a ‘Letter Grade’ issued by the board certifying your projected scores.
- You should have a certified class 12th mark sheet from recognized Central, State Board, or its equivalent.
- If you belong to the general category, you should have secured at least 60 percent in your class 12th exam.
- If you belong to Schedule Caste (SC), Schedule Tribe (ST), or Divyangjan category, then you should have a minimum percentage of 55 in class 12th.
- You should have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology as your main subjects in class 11th and 12th.
- You would be needed to provide original documents certifying your eligibility at the time of admission. Your admission is subject to verification of the certificates you have provided.
- You would have to make it into the NEST merit list to be eligible for admission.
How to fill the NEST Application form
Filling the NEST Application form is a crucial step in securing an admission in the University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS) Mumbai and National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar. Click here to go to the official website of NEST. The application process usually starts in January. Earlier, the last date to submit the form was April 3, 2020, but is now extended to April 19, 2020.
It is best to keep the following things handy before you start filling out the form:
- Class 10th Report Card
- Scan your passport size photograph
- Scanned image of your digital signature
- E-mail id
- Mobile Phone
- Class 12th Report Card (if applicable)
- Credit card /Debit card / Net-Banking details
Here is a step by step guide that will help you to fill the NEST Application FMeorm.
How to fill the NEST Application form
- STEP 1: Filling The NEST Application Form
The online NEST application form requires you to fill your name, date of birth, roll number as it appears in your class 10th mark sheet. You will receive an SMS or E-mail on your registered mobile number and e-mail address, respectively, giving details of your login details into your NEST candidate account.
- STEP 2: Log-in Account
After successful registration, you will receive a log ID and password. You can log into your account, where you would have to provide your details and academic qualifications. Make sure the information that you have entered is accurate. You would have to mention your year of passing class 12 and marks in percentage.
- STEP 3: Choose Your Examination Center
Select your preferred test city center. However, the center allocated in your hall ticket will be the final test center.
- STEP 4: Upload Your Authentic Documents
You would then be needed to upload a scanned copy of your passport-sized photograph and your signature. Both the scanned documents should be in .jpg or .jpeg format and not more than 80Kb. Your picture should not be older than six months and should have a white background.
- STEP 5: Online Payment of Application Fee
Before you can submit your application, you would have to make an online fee payment. You can make the payment through credit card, debit card, or net-banking. You would not be able to use credit cards other than Mastercard, Rupay, and Visa.
NEST Application form Fee General Category
Male – 1200/ and Females – 600
NEST Application form Fee Others
OBC – Males- 1200, Females-600
SC/ST/Divyangjan – 600
NEST 2020 Application Form – FAQs
Sometimes candidates are in doubt while filling up the NEST Application Form. Here are some common queries students ask.
You can find the application form on official site.
You should check that you are using Internet Explorer (version 11 or above), or Mozilla Firefox (version 50 or above), or Google Chrome (version 52 or above) to fill in the application form.
The red asterisk implies that it is a mandatory field that you have to fill.
No, you will not be allowed to change your exam center once allotted to you in your admit card. Therefore, you must be very careful while choosing your exam center.