Notes for Multiple Bus Organization: This is the best article to access all the lecture notes and study materials for Multiple Bus Organization topics. The topic is an important part of the subject of Computer Organization and architecture. To understand it well, a student must also properly understand all the concepts of the main subject.
The notes and reference books have in-depth descriptions, starting from the basic topics like the register transfer language, addition and subtraction, memory control, peripheral devices, and different memory bus structures.
While learning Multiple Bus structure and organization and its several benefits, one must also go through computer organization and architecture syllabus to avoid getting confused in the related concepts.
The article also contains the syllabus and important questions apart from the notes and reference books. All of this adds up for providing the students a brief about all the basic and advanced level concepts. After taking references from all the included contents, the preparation boosts up, and the students will surely score great marks in the test results.
Multiple Bus Organization also has many purposes in the global industries. This article will provide the students with everything that will briefly discuss their various uses and applications. For the future life of the students too, this article will be immensely beneficial.
Here is a list of all the included contents in the article:
- Multiple Bus Organization Reference Books
- Multiple Bus Organization Curriculum
- List of Multiple Bus Organization Important Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
Introduction to Multiple Bus Organization:
A bus is an important memory transferring device used by most computer devices and Smartphones to pass data back and forth across the entire system. The overall speed of the machine is directly affected by the types of buses used by it. Simple computer design uses single bus structures for transferring data, and Multiple bus organization uses multiple buses for enhanced performance.
In a multi-bus architecture, all the pathways are suited for handling some special types of information.
In single bus architecture, all the devices use a common bus for data transfer; thus, the system’s efficiency and performance is lower. However, in the multiple bus organization, the wasted time lowers down, and thus the speed and performance of the entire system boost up. Thus, this is one of the key reasons behind using Multiple bus organization.
Additionally, the Multiple Bus organization also provides many choices for connecting the devices to the computer, making it more compatible.
Multiple Bus Organization Notes and Study material Pdf Free Download:
We provide some best Multiple Bus Organization notes and study material to the students with expertly designed content to meet their varying requirements. Students worldwide can highly trust these contents for preparations and rely on them to have the best results ever.
Multiple Bus Organization is a topic that requires several example-based descriptions to make them more understandable and help them understand every concept precisely and effectively. Thus, to ensure that the students do not have to move here and there for the notes and do not have to face many hassles, we provide the best study materials with several examples stated and some solved problems for helping the students practice the concepts.
Study materials and lecture notes are available in an easily accessible and downloadable pdf format that ensures that they can use them anytime for their reference and do not have to search more for them.
Multiple Bus Organization Reference Books:
Here is a list of some best reference books that the experts recommend for preparing for Multiple Bus Organization.
These are the best reference books worldwide for learning all the Multiple Bus Organization concepts well and get the best practice. The authors of these books are also some well-known scholars with immense knowledge and experience in the contents.
The books are also best for competitive level examinations and have everything related to Multiple Bus Organization for helping the students understand everything without any competition and be the experts and champions of the subject.
Many top institutions also recommend these books to the students and motivate them to have every finest detail about the topics. The books also contain many examples and problems with their solutions to support all the topics and help them prepare in every possible manner.
Below are some best reference books for Multiple Bus Organization:
- W. Stallings, “Computer Organization and Architecture: Designing for performance”, 67h Edition, Prentice Hall of India, 2003, ISBN 81 – 203 – 2962 – 7
- C. Hamacher, V. Zvonko, S. Zaky, “Computer Organization”, McGraw Hill, 2002, 5th edition ISBN 007-120411-3
- J. Hayes, “Computer Architecture and Organization”, 2nd Edition, McGraw-Hill, 1988 ISBN 0 – 07 – 100479 – 3
- W. Stallings William, “Computer Organization and Architecture: Principles of Structure and Function”, 2nd Ed, Maxwell Macmillan Editions, 1990 ISBN 0 – 02 – 946297 – 5 (Chapter: 2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14).
- Tanenbaum, “Structured Computer Organization”, 4th Ed, Prentice Hall of India, 1991 ISBN 81 – 203 – 1553 – 7 (Chapter: 1,4,5,6,8).
- G. George, “Computer Organization: Hardware and Software”, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall of India, 1986 (Chapter: 3,4,5).
- D. Paterson, J. Hennesy, “Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware Software Interface”, 2nd Edition, Morgan Kauffman, 2000 ISBN
Multiple Bus Organization Curriculum:
Apart from the learning materials with descriptions, problems, and examples stated, the students also require a complete syllabus or curriculum of the subject while learning it. The subject syllabus helps the student understand all the included topics so that they can arrange the notes individually for different topics and start the preparation beforehand.
A curriculum is also necessary. It has all the topics mentioned sequentially, ensuring that the students will not get confused while learning any related topics and clearly understand everything.
Here is the updated syllabus of Multiple Bus Organization and Computer Architecture:
|Unit I: Computer Evolution & Arithmetic||·A Brief History of computers
·Designing for Performance
·Von Neumann Architecture
·Scalar Data Types
·Fixed and Floating point numbers
·2’s Complement method for multiplication
·Restoring and Non Restoring algorithms
|Unit II: The Central Processing Unit||·Machine Instruction characteristics
·Types of operands
·Types of operations
·Intel 8086 as an example
·Programmers model of 8086
·Read Write cycles
·8086 assembly instruction examples for explaining addressing modes
|Unit III: The Control Unit||·Single Bus Organization
·Control Unit Operations: Instruction sequencing
·Micro operations and Register Transfer
·Hardwired Control: Design methods
·State table and classical method
·Micro-programmed Control: Basic concepts
·Microinstructions and micro- program sequencing
|Unit IV: Memory Organization||·Characteristics of memory systems
·Internal and External Memory
·Types of memories: ROM: PROM, EPROM, EEPROM, RAM: SRAM, DRAM, SDRAM, RDRAM
·Organization and Mapping Techniques
·Main Memory allocation
·Address Translation Virtual to Physical.
|Unit V: I/O Organization||Input/Output Systems
·Interrupt Driven I/O
·8086 Interrupt structure
·Direct Memory Access (DMA)
·8237 features Buses and standard Interfaces
·Parallel I/O 8255 features
·Serial I/O 8251 features
·PCI, SCSI, USB Ports
·Working mechanisms of Peripherals
|Unit VI: Parallel Organization||·Instruction level pipelining and Superscalar Processors
·Multiple Processor Organizations
·Closely and Loosely coupled multiprocessors systems
·RISC: Instruction execution characteristics
·RISC architecture and pipelining
·RISC Vs. CISC
List of Multiple Bus Organization Important Questions:
Having access to important questions helps the students know everything about the type of questions asked in several examinations from several topics and how they must prepare themselves for different exams. Important questions play a vital role in the preparation and entire learning process for the students, boosting the whole practice procedure.
Here is a list of some highly important questions for Multiple Bus Organization:
- Explain the Differences between CISC & RISC.
- Explain various Instruction types.
- Explain various addressing modes.
- Describe the Booth’s algorithm for multiplication of signed two’s Complement numbers.
- Explain multiple bus organization in detail.
- Explain the floating-point addition and subtraction.
- Draw the flowchart of the floating-point addition process.
- Explain the concept of a hardwired control unit.
- Explain the concept of a microprogrammed control unit.
- Describe the execution of the complete instructions and nano programming.
- Describe the entire pipeline process in brief.
- Explain several data hazards and instruction hazards.
- Briefly describe the different types of exceptions.
- Write the characteristics of some memory technologies.
- Describe the associative memory and compare segmentation and paging mechanics for implementation of virtual memory.
- Explain memory interleaving.
- Discuss various mapping techniques of cache memories.
- What is virtual memory? Discuss the use of paging in the implementation of virtual memory.
- Describe the design of input and output interfaces and explain interrupts.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1: Differentiate between single and multiple bus organizations.
A1: There are several differences between single and multiple bus organization, like:
- In a single bus organization, one bus is used to communicate between different peripherals, but in multiple bus organizations, two buses are used for separate communication paths.
- In a single bus organization, both data and instruction transfer in the same bus, but multiple bus organizations both occur in different buses.
- The performance of a multiple bus organization is higher than that of a single bus organization.
- The cost of a single bus organization is lower than a multiple bus organization.
- Single bus organization requires more number of cycles for execution than the multiple bus organization.
- The execution process for a single bus organization is slower than a multiple bus organization.
- Multiple bus organization has more number of associated registers than a single bus organization.
- The only single operand can be read from the bus using a single bus organization, but the number rises to two for multiple bus organizations.
Q2: Explain some benefits of multiple bus organization.
A2: Multiple bus organization is a vital mode for industrial systems. In this, several devices having different transfer rates are connected. Simultaneously, more throughputs are also maintained in multiple bus organization. Some benefits of the architecture are as follows:
- Allows more number of devices to get connected with the computer.
- This system has faster execution as many devices work together to ensure better performance.
- This is highly compatible with older and newer devices.
- Multiple bus organization has a multi-core processor for transferring more data and information and minimizing the wait time.
Multiple Bus Organization is an important topic for Computer Organization and Architecture, and this article has the study resources for the entire topic as well as all the related ones. The article also contains a curriculum to help the students understand the right sequence to be followed to learn the topic well. This article also contains the best lecture notes and reference books to help the students pace their preparation and score well in different exams.