The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR University Courses: It is a government medical university located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It is one of the premier medical universities named after C.M of TN M. G. Ramachandran. The university offers undergraduate, diploma, postgraduate, super speciality, and PhD courses. This university was started in July 1988.
Dr. MGR University is the second-largest health sciences university in India. The main courses are from the fields of Medical, Surgical & Dental Sciences, AYUSH, and Allied Health Sciences. Students can check the important details about MGR courses such as affiliated colleges, UG, PG courses list, eligibility conditions, fees, and admission procedure.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details Streamwise, and Category wise.
- Dr. MGR University Courses Highlights
- MGR University Courses
- Dr. MGR University Paramedical Courses
- MGR University Allied Health Sciences Courses
- Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy Courses of MGR University
- Dr MGR University PG Courses
- TN MGR University Courses Fees and Eligibility
- MGR University Important Dates
- TNMGRMU Admission Procedure
- MGR University Courses Colleges
- FAQ’s on TN MGR University Courses
|University Name||The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University (TNMGRMU)|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Courses Offered||Dental, Medical, Allied Health Science, Indian Medicine and Homeopathy|
|Available Facilities||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, etc.|
Dr. MGR Medical University offers graduation, post-graduation, and doctorate courses under each department. It also offers distance education and super speciality programmes.
MGR university offers branches like medicine, allied health science, dental, and related programmes in MBBS, MD, DM, MDS, BUMS, BHMS, B.Pharm, B.SC, M.Sc, M.Phil.
- Department of Experimental Medicine
- Department of Epidemiology
- Medical Genetics
- Transfusion Medicine
- Allied Health Sciences
- Indian Medicine and Homeopathy
The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR University Medicine Courses list is here.
- Doctor of Medicine (D.M) in Hepatology/ Cardiology / Neurology
- Magister Chirurgiae (M.Ch) in Neuro Surgery / Surgical Oncology/ Vascular Surgery
- Master of Surgery (M.S) in Orthopaedics/ General Surgery / Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- PG Diploma in Child Health/Health Education / Ophthalmology
MGR University Allied Health Sciences Courses
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology
- M.Sc. Microbial Molecular Biology (Basic Medical Sciences)
- M.Sc. Epidemiology
- M.Sc. Respiratory Therapy
- M.Sc. Critical Care Technology
- Medical Record Science
- P.G. Diploma in Ward Administration
- M.Sc. Biostatistics
- M.Phil Psychiatric Social Work
- M.Phill. Clinical Psychology
- P.G. Diploma in Auditory Verbal Therapy
- Health Care Aide (as per 245th GC)
- Accident & Emergency Care Technology
- M.Sc. Medical Sociology
- M.Sc. Molecular Virology
- Critical Care Technology
- B.Sc. – Neuro Electrophysiology
- M.Sc. Human Genetics
- M.Sc. Medical Physics
- Operation Theatre & Anaesthesia Technology
- M.Sc. Blood Banking Technology
- B.Sc. – M.L.T.
- M.Sc. in Hospital Informatics System of Tele Medicine
- M.B.A. – Hospital & Health Systems Management
- P.G. Diploma in Health Promotion & Education
- Scope Support Technology
- B.Sc. – Medical Sociology
- M.Phill. Clinical Social Work
- M.Sc. Public Health
- P.G. Diploma in Radiology & Imaging Technology
- B.Sc. – Accident & Emergency Care Technology
- Optometry Technology
- P.G. Diploma in Diabetic Education
- Ophthalmic Assistant
- P.G. Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- There are no affiliated Institutions and the University is not running the Course
- P.G. Diploma in Emergency Medical Technology
- B.Sc. – Dialysis Technology
- Dental Operating Room Assistant
- Master of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology (Upto 2021)
- P.G. Diploma in Learning Diasbility
- M.Sc. Bioethics
- B.Sc. – Cardio Pulmonary Perfusion Care Technology
- Dental Hygienist
- M.Sc. Radio Therapy Technology
- M.Sc. Sports & Fitness Psychology
- Dialysis Technology
- M.Sc. Clinical Nutrition
- M.Sc. Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Medical Lab Technology
- B.Sc. – Critical Care Technology
- B.Sc. – Cardiac Technology
- Cardiac Non Invasive Technology
- P.G. Diploma in Public Health Entomology (DPHE)
- Radiography & Imaging Technology
- B.Sc. – Audiology & speech Language Pathology
- Dental Mechanics
- Master of Science (Speech-Language Pathology)
Undergraduate The Tamil Nadu DR MGR Medical University Courses list is mentioned here:
- B.A.M.S. – Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
- B.H.M.S. – Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery
- B.N.Y.S. – Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
- B.S.M.S. – Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery
- B.U.M.S. – Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery
Dr. MGR University offers the following list of postgraduate programs to eligible students.
- M.D Homeopathy
- M.D Sidda
- M.D Yoga & Naturopathy
- Paediatric Anaesthesia
- Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.)
- Master of Surgery (MS)
- Pharma D
- M. Pharm
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
|MGR University Courses||Fees||Eligibility|
|B.Sc||₹6,000 (Total Fees)||10+2|
|MBA||₹6,000 (Total Fees)||Graduation|
|MBBS||₹9,000 (Total Fees)||10+2 with 50% + NEET|
|B.Pharmacy||₹6,000 (Total Fees)||10+2|
|M.Sc||₹6,000 (Total Fees)||Graduation|
|B.P.T||₹6,000 (Total Fees)||10+2|
|M.H.A [Hospital]||₹6,000 (Total Fees)||Graduation|
Applicants have to attend NEET Exam in order to get admission in MGR University. Get NEET exam important dates from this page.
- NEET 2022 Registration Starting Date: 6th April 2022
- NEET 2022 Registration Ending Date: 6th May 2022
- NEET 2022 Exam Date: 17th July 2022
The University have different admissions process for Indian and international students. Students can check the detailed step by step admission procedure is given below:
For Indian Students:
- Go to the official website of The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR University i.e https://www.tnmgrmu.ac.in/index.php.
- Open the application form for your course.
- Fill your details in the application.
- Scan and upload the needed documents.
- Pay an application fee of Rs. 1600/-.
- Applied candidates have to attend NEET exam with a hall ticket.
- Qualified students have to attend the document verification process.
For NRI Students:
- Firstly, visit the official portal.
- Candidates who have completed advanced level qualifications are eligible to apply for UG, PG courses by paying the required fees.
- Fill out the application, and upload the documents to finish the application process.
- Pay an application fee of Rs. 10,000/- through demand draft.
- Attend the NEET exam and get qualified marks to get admission.
DR. MGR University affiliated colleges list is along the lines:
- Madras Medical College Chennai
- Stanley Medical College Chennai
- Madurai Medical College Madurai
- Kilpauk Medical College Chennai
- Thanjavur Medical College Thanjavur
- Chengalpattu Medical College Chengalpattu
- Coimbatore Medical College Coimbatore
- Tirunelveli Medical College Tirunelveli
- Government Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College Salem
- Christian Medical College Vellore
- P.s.g. Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Coimbatore
- Government Erode Medical College And Hospital, Perundurai, Erode
- Government Siddha Medical College Palayamkottai
- Government Siddha Medical College Chennai
- Government Unani Medical College Chennai
- Ayurvedha College Coimbatore
- Tamil Nadu Government Dental College And Hospital Chennai
- J.k.k Natarajah Dental College Kumarapalayam
- Ragas Dental College Chennai
- Rajas Dental College And Hospital Tirunelveli Dt
- C.l.baid Metha College Of Pharmacy Chennai
- J.k.k. Natarajah College Of Pharmacy Salem
- College Of Nursing, Christian Medical College & Hospital Vellore
- College Of Nursing,sri Ramakrishna Institute Of Paramedical Sciences Coimbatore
1. What are the courses in MGR Medical University?
Dr. MGR University Medical Courses are B.Sc, B.Pharm, M.Pharm, BPT, M.SC, MBA,
2. What is the Fees for MBBS in MGR University?
The MBBS course fees in MGR university is Rs. 9,000/-.
3. Is MGR government or private?
MGR educational and research institute is a private deemed to be university in Chennai.