Top Management Courses after 12th: In this fast-moving world, every opportunity is short-lived, so either you grab it or it’s gone. Managers are required by the companies to get hold of these opportunities and harvest them for the larger benefits of the organization. With the growing demand for managers across the corporate as well as the public sector, careers in management are in fashion. Organisations today are highly dependent on managers for the efficient acquisition and utilisation of their resources, be it physical, financial or human.
If you’re also planning to make your career in Management then this article on Management Courses after 12th is for you. In this article, we have covered a list of management courses after class 12th, eligibility criteria, fee range, best colleges to get admission in, and career prospects. So let’s get started.
- What is Management?
- How many types of Management Courses are there?
- Bachelor Courses in Management after 12th
- Masters Courses in Management after 12th
- Diploma Management Courses after 12th
- Essential Skill Set Required for Management Courses after 12th
- Top Management Colleges in India
- Management Courses after 12th Admission Process
- Career after Pursuing Management Courses after 12th
- FAQ’s on Management Courses after XII
- Final Words
Management is the process of planning, organising, coordinating and controlling the activities of the organization. It focuses on the execution, implementation and completion of the activities of the business effectively and efficiently. It builds the foundation of knowledge about how various activity centres of the company hold together as one whole.
Management as a subject discipline provides you an in-depth knowledge of various aspects of business viz. Finance, marketing, economics, HR etc. It covers a variety of topics and the key skills required to perform your role as a manager. It familiars you with the key areas necessary for the hassle-free functioning of the business.
The management courses after 12th are generally undergraduate, postgraduate as well as diploma courses. Here is the details of various management courses being offered to students after class 12th:
- Diploma Courses
- Bachelor Courses
- Master Courses
- Bachelor of Business Administration- (BBA)
- Bachelor of Business Management (BBM)
- Bachelor of Management Studies- (BMS)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management)- B.Com (Management)
- Bachelor of Computer-Aided Management- (B.CAM)
- Bachelor of Foreign trade (BFT)
- Bachelors in Business Economics- (BBE)
- Bachelor of Hospital Management- (BHA)
- Bachelor in Sports Management- (BSM)
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management (BHM)
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor Courses in Management
- Must have completed 10th and 12th from a recognized board.
- Passed 10+2 with a minimum of 55% marks. However, some relaxation in marks is given by the colleges as per their guidelines.
- Where the admission is through CAT or entrance exams, must have qualified.
Course Duration of Bachelor’s Degree in Management
The bachelor’s courses in management are generally of 3 years. It is usually divided into 6 semesters.
Bachelor’s Management Course Fee
The course fee ranges from ₹30,000- ₹ 6 lacs. However, the range differs from college to college depending upon the course you choose to pursue. For example, the course fees of BMS range from 50k- 5lacs, that of BBA ranges from 60k to 1.5lacs, etc.
- Masters of Business Administration- MBA
- Masters in Foreign trade
- Post Graduate Program in Management- PGP (Management)
- Master of Commerce – M.com
- Master in Computer Management- MCM
- Master of Financial Management – MFM
- Master in Hospital Management- MHM
- Master of Philosophy in Management- M.Phil (Management)
- Executive Post Graduate Program– EPGP
- Master of Management Studies- MMS
- Master of Event Management- EVM
- Master of Business Studies- MBS
Eligibility Criteria for Masters Courses in Management
- Must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board with a minimum of 55%marks.
- Must have completed a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Must have qualified for the entrance exam/CAT/GMAT etc where it is required
Masters Degree Management Courses Duration
The Master’s course of management is generally of 2 years divided into 4 semesters. However, various executive management programmes are also available for the working professionals, which are preferable of One year.
Masters Degree Management Courses After 12th Fees
The Master’s course fee for management ranges somewhere between 20k- 40 lacs. But the range differs from college to college. For instance, to pursue MBA from an IIM will cost you somewhere between 12 lacs to 25 lacs, and that from the top B-schools may cost you 15 lacs to 25 lacs.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management- PGDM
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics – PGDBA
- Post Graduate Program in Management- PGP (Management)
- PGDBM – Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
- Graduate Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Financial Management
Eligibility Criteria for Management Diploma Courses
- Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with a minimum of 55% marks
- Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks
- Working professionals with work experience of 3+ years are generally given preference
Diploma in Management Course Duration
The diploma course is covered in 4 semesters and varies from 1- 2 years as per the colleges
Diploma in Management Course Fees
The average fee for diploma courses ranges from 7 k to 40k.
Management has become a profession. Therefore, a professional degree is a must for taking the first step in this arena. However, apart from this the personality, attitude and interest of the person is also required for successfully achieving the goal.
In the interview, the panel closely looks for the correct attitude and perception of the candidate so as to decide whether they suit the role. Along with this knowledge of some technical tools like MS Office, MS OUTLOOK etc is also looked after. Overall, the management students must have the following set of skills:
- Creative thinking
- Team player
- Problem-solving attitude
- Critical analysis skills
- Good communication skills
- Positive personality.
- Indian Institute Of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute Of Management, Bengaluru
- Faculty Of Management Studies, University Of Delhi
- Indian School Of Business, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute Of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur
- Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
- S P Jain Institute Of Management And Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute Of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Shailesh J Mehta School Of Management, (IIT Mumbai), Mumbai
- Department of Management Studies, (IIT Delhi), New Delhi
- Indian Institute Of Technology, (IIT) Kharagpur
- Symbiosis Centre For Human Resource Development (SCMHRD), Pune
- Mudra Institute Of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad
- Symbiosis Institute Of Business Management, Pune
- NMIMS School Of Business Management, Mumbai
- University Business School (UBS), Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Department Of Business Economics, University of Delhi, Delhi
Here we are giving the detailed admission process for various management courses after twelfth. Follow this simple process to get admission in the best college.
- Go to the official website of the college/university.
- Select the course you want to pursue.
- Check whether you meet the eligibility conditions or not.
- If eligible, then fill the application form with personal, educational details.
- Pay the application fee, if any.
- Scan and upload the required documents.
- Submit the application form before the last date.
- Finance manager
- Sales manager
- HR manager
- Marketing manager
- Management consultant
- Accounting manager
- General manager
- PR manager
- Business manager
FAQ’s on Management Courses after XII
1. What is a management course all about?
Management course is about making you acquainted with the specialized areas of a business so that you have in-depth knowledge of how various things work behind the scenes of the various activities.
2. What is the future of Management studies?
Management Studies is still an emerging discipline and therefore will go a long way before it reaches its saturation.. Therefore, in the years to come, investment in a Management course will yield benefits multiple times whether it comes to the salary or growth of the industry.
3. Top companies hiring management professionals
Top global recruiters include:
- JP Morgan
- Reliance Industries Limited etc.
4. What is the average salary of a management professional?
The average salary of management fresher in India ranges from 2 lacs to 5 lacs. However, a management professional with 3+ years of experience can draw a salary up to 15 lacs.
We hope the information shared in this article has been insightful for you in knowing the various options of management courses available to you after 12th along with the career prospects and the top colleges to pursue your chosen course in management. If you have any queries or doubts related to management course details, feel free to comment down. We will try to clear your doubts to the best of our knowledge. Stay in touch with our website NCERTBooks.guru for more such articles.