ITI Courses List: ITI stands for Industrial Training Institutes. Pursuing an ITI course shapes you with essential vocational skills. Several ITI Courses and colleges are present in India, where you can enroll after passing your class 12th Board Examination.
One can pursue various ITI Courses such as certificate level and vocational training courses under DGET and the Union Government of India.
Admission to the various ITI courses in India is made based on merit. Having completed the ITI course in particular disciplines, one can enroll for a diploma in engineering. The candidates can also join various Advanced Training Institute (ATIs) that offer short-term specialized courses in particular disciplines.
The decision to pursue and enroll for an ITI course is a secure one. The demand for such people is high in the market, and the salary is also feasible.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details Streamwise, and Category wise.
- Duration of ITI Courses
- Types of ITI Courses
- ITI Courses Eligibility Criteria
- ITI Courses After 12th
- Other ITI Courses to Pursue
- ITI Course Fee
- ITI Courses Admission Procedure
- ITI Courses Career Opportunities
- When can one enroll for ITI Courses?
- What are ITI courses?
- What is the ITI Salary range?
- Are ITI courses worth taking?
The usual length of the ITI Courses ranges from a period of 6 months to 2 years. Depending on the kind of ITI course opted for and the curriculum followed as per DGET and ITI norms, the course’s span varies. It takes no more than two years to qualify.
ITI Courses list after 10th has two broad sub-branches. Those branches can further be divided into appropriate subdivisions.
- Engineering Courses: These ITI Courses are technical. Under the engineering ITI courses after 1oth, the following specifications fall
- Science and Technology
- Non-engineering Courses: The non-engineering courses are not technical. These include –
- Soft Skills
- Industry-specific skills.
The eligibility criteria for the ITI courses vary from course to course. However, generally,
- Those candidates can apply who have passed the 12th standard.
- Some courses also take in candidates who have completed education till the eighth or tenth standard.
Here we have provided an extensive list of the various ITI Courses that you can take up after completing your 12th standard.
- Instrument Mechanic – 1 year.
- Architectural Assistant – 1 year
- Marine Fitter – 1 year
- Multimedia Animation and Special Effects – 1 year
- Radiology Technician – 2 years.
- Computer Hardware and Networking – 2 years
- Mechanic Lens and Prism Grinding – 2 years
- Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician – 2 years
- Architectural Draftsmanship – 2 years
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant – 2 years
- Physiotherapy Technician – 2 years
- Mechanic Agricultural Machinery – 2 years
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant – 1 year
- Stenography English – 1 year
- Stenography Hindi – 1 year
- Insurance Agent – 1 year
- Library and Information Science – 1 year
- Catering and Hospitality Assistant – 1 year
- Creche Management – 1 year
- Interior Decoration and Designing – 1 year
- Desktop Publishing Operator – 1 year
- Plastic Processing Operator – 1 year
- Mason – 1 year
- Health and Sanitary Inspector – 1 year
- Travel and Tour Assistant – 1 year
- Human Resource Executive – 1 year
- Basic Cosmetology – 1 year
- Call Centre Assistant – 1 year
- Old Age Care Assistant – 1 year
- Health Safety and Environment – 1 year
- Marketing Executive – 1 year
- Craftsman Food Corporation – 2 years
- GoldSmith – 2 years
- Surveyor – 2 years
- Draughtsman Civil
- IT and Electronics System Maintenance
- Mechanic Motor Vehicle
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioner Mechanic
- Tool and Die Maker
- Weaving Technician
- Foundryman Technician
- Spinning Technician
- Auto Electrician
- Automotive Paint Repair
- Vessel Navigator
- Automotive Body Repair
- Cabin or Room Attendant
- Paralegal Assistant
- Hospital Waste Management
- Spa Therapy
- Leather Goods Maker
- Food and Vegetable Processing
- Fire Safety and Industrial Safety Management
- Preparatory School Management (Assistant)
- Institution Housekeeping
- Cane Willow and Bamboo Worker
- Dent Beating and Spray Painting
- Marine Engine Fitter
- Mechanic Diesel
- Interior Decoration and Designing
- Front Office Assistant
- Corporate Housekeeping
- Data Entry Operator
- Medical Transcription
- Domestic Housekeeping
- Rubber Technician
- Steno Hindi
- Weaving (Silk and Woollen Fabric)
- Laboratory Assistant
- Secretarial Practice
- Lift and Escalator Mechanic
- Health Safety and Environment
- Mechanic Mechatronics
- Mechanic Auto Electrical and Electronics
- Marine Fitter
- Office Assistant Cum Computer Operator
- Food Beverage
Hence there is a vast array of ITI Courses from which to choose. You can select and pursue any one of them depending upon your skills and interest.
ITI Course dee is Rs. 1000 to Rs. 9000 for ITI Engineering trades and Rs. 3,950 to Rs. 7,000 for ITI non engineering trades.
The admission procedure for applying in the ITI courses commence from the month of April-May every year.
The admission procedure varies from state to state.
Some institutions grant admission based on merit; others conduct an intermediary entrance examination.
- There is no provision for online application
- The candidates have to fetch an application form from the ITI Vijayawada campus
- The form can be downloaded from the official website and printed as well.
- The filled-up application form needs to be submitted in ITI Vijayawada
- After the application process is closed, a merit list will be released based on which admission will be conducted.
- An entrance exam is conducted.
- The Combined Entrance Board of Competitive Examinations in Bihar (BCECEB) conducts the examination
- ITICAT (Industrial Training Institutes Common Entrance Test) is the name of the entrance exam test.
- Admission is made based on the score and rank obtained in the test.
- Director-General of Employment and the State Board of Training conducts the admission for ITI Courses.
- Admission does not happen on the basis of an entry-level test.
- Access is made after application and based on merit.
- The Department of Training and Vocational Education conducts the admission process for ITI Courses in Delhi
- There is no entrance examination
- Admission is based on merit.
- The Department of Training and Vocational Education is responsible for conducting ITO admissions in Maharashtra.
- Rajya Vyaavasaayik Prashikshan Parishad is the department which conducts the ITI admissions
- No entrance test examination
- Entry based on the candidates’ merit.
After completing the vocational and coursework training, the candidates have to clear the written AITT (All India Trade Test). After qualifying, they can take up their jobs and other career prospects.
The job opportunities are numerous. Candidates are trained to take up jobs that are both industries specific and non-industry specific.
The job opportunities depend upon the candidates’ skills, talents, and qualifications.
FAQ’s On ITI Courses
The candidate can apply for the ITI Course after having passed the class 12th board Examination. Candidates who have completed their class 8th and 10th examination can also enroll for a few of the ITI Courses.
Industrial Training Institute Courses are also known as ITI Courses. These courses train and specialize in vocational skills and knowledge. These courses are usually of two kinds – engineering and non-engineering courses. While the former is technical, the latter is non-technical.
The ITI Salary for a candidate depends on course-to-course. It also depends upon the person’s skills and talents. It can range from INR 12,000 per month to INR 500000 per year.
Yes. Pursuing an ITI course is always beneficial. It entails many benefits. Qualifying with an ITI degree ensures early job settlement and secure employment. The candidate does not have to study a regular 3-year duration of the Undergraduate course. Furthermore, the candidates can apply for the courses at a very early stage – they can enroll in them after completing class 12, and sometimes after grade 8 or level 10.