Interior Design Diploma Course: Interior design is one of the emerging booming career options for individuals with a creative mind. Presently, in India, there are more than 1 lakh interior designers are required. So, interested candidates can choose this best Diploma Interior Design Course after 12th class to become an interior designer.
Interior designing courses are the best choices for individuals who want to foray into the design field. Urbanization is increasing the demand for interior designing courses in India. There are numerous domains for interior designing courses online that differ from furniture designing, fitting, space utilization to management. You can go for interior design courses after the 12th class or 10th standard. By studying Interior Design Diploma Course, you can become a set designer, consultant, home stylist, etc.
In the following sections, we are giving the complete details about Interior Designing Diploma Courses for the sake of the interested candidates.
- About Interior Design Diploma Course
- Why Study Interior Design Diploma Course?
- Advantages of Diploma in Interior Design Course
- Diploma Interior Design Course Overview
- Interior Design Diploma Course Eligibility Conditions
- Diploma in Interior Design Course Admission Procedure
- Different Entrance Exams of Diploma Interior Design Courses
- Top Interior Design Diploma Course Colleges in India
- Diploma in Interior Design Course Syllabus
- Required Books for Interior Design Diploma Course
- Diploma Interior Design Course Future Scope
- Diploma in Interior Design Job Prospects
- Interior Design Diploma Course Top Recruiters
- FAQ’s on Diploma in Interior Design Courses
- Final Words
Interior Design Diploma Course is a one year course in the field of interior designing. It is the basic level interior designing courses that can be done by students who have finished their 12th class or equivalent. It is the most popular and high demand course in the domain of design. A diploma interior design course can lead students to various job opportunities as well as provide them with the ability to pursue high studies in interior design.
As the Interior Design Diploma Course is the starting level of interior designing course, its focus is on imparting holistic knowledge about the subjects to the students. Candidates who study diploma in interior design course are taught about the fundamental principles of the subjects. If students are willing to learn more skills and gain knowledge can pursue a diploma course in a longer period. The curriculum of the interior design diploma course is structured to dissipate practical knowledge to the students along with theoretical skills.
Many popular colleges, universities and institutions are offering these interior design courses online. Candidates can select any one institution and join the program. Students can easily find jobs in different sectors after completing part-time interior design courses.
These are the reasons that support why one should pursue an interior designing diploma course in the best colleges.
- Interior designing is the rapidly growing sector in the real estate field: Currently, the Indian renovation and interior designing industry are improving at USD 20-30 billion. The design industry is growing fastly. While other fields are declining in growth, interior design fields have seen a growth of 27%.
- There are numerous opportunities to work in auxiliary industries: Interior designers can also get a lot of opportunities to work in the construction industry. The designers are employed in various companies, especially in the architectural department.
- Good Compensation: Interior designers are hired by different construction, architectural firms in India. The average pay scale is INR 3,05,000 per year. Apart from this, they also get allowances such as medical insurance, DA, retirement benefits, etc.
- Interior design is dominant as it influences people in the room. The ambience designed by them plays an important role in changing the visitor’s mood.
- You can have a chance to work from anywhere with different fields and clients.
Here you can check the advantages of studying interior design diploma course.
- The course comes with various skills such as learning to analyse space, visualize several elements in the space, learn to read a colour palette, understand furniture and appropriate fit, learn to match colours to tones, etc.
- These skills are helpful to work as an assistant designer or an interior designer. The major benefit is that the course duration is less but the skills required for space management and interior design are communicated during the same.
- Apart from the job, you can also pursue advanced courses at the later stages.
|Course Name||Diploma in Interior Design|
|Diploma in Interior Design Duration||1 to 2 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Pass 12th grade with 55% marks|
|Admission Process||Merit Basis or Entrance Exam|
|Diploma in Interior Design Fee||INR 1 lakhs – 12 lakhs|
|Job Profiles||Assistant designer, visual merchandiser, exhibition designer, Interior and spatial designer|
|Recruitment Companies||Real estate companies, interior design firms, architecture firms|
|Pay Scale||INR 2 to 8 lakhs|
The eligibility requirements for diploma interior design courses are listed here. All the interested aspirants can go through these details before proceeding with the admission process.
- Candidates must have finished secondary level education from a recognised organisation.
- They must have 12th class or equivalent from a recognised state or central board of education school.
- Students who have completed a diploma after 10th grade in the pattern of 10 + 3 are also eligible.
- Applicants must score more than 50 per cent of marks in the qualifying exam.
- Some institutions ask candidates to have mathematics as one of the mandatory subjects in their 12th class.
Actually, admission to Interior Design Diploma Courses in Banglore are done on the basis of a merit list. Interested and eligible candidates can directly apply through the online link available at the institution’s website. But few colleges might conduct an exam to analyse the skills and knowledge of the students. Here we are providing the simple admission process steps for both exam and merit list.
For Merit-Based Admission:
- Individuals have to register using the link at the official website of the university to generate a login ID.
- Candidates must fill out the application form and enter the required information.
- After that, upload the mandatory documents in the correct format and prescribed size.
- Submit the application form and pay the application fee (if any).
For Exam Based Admission:
- Candidates have to register, fill out the application, upload documents and submit it.
- Now, collect the admit card and attend the entrance exam.
- Qualified candidates have to attend the counselling round where they have to select the seat of their college.
Here are some of the entrance exams to get admission into a diploma in an interior design course.
- NID: It is an entrance exam conducted by the National Institute of Design. The eligibility condition is candidates should have passed 12th grade in any discipline or appear for the class 12th exams.
- BHU UET: It computer-based entrance exam conducted at the university level. People who have finished the higher secondary exams are eligible to apply for BHE UET 2022. You must have scored at least 50% in commerce/maths/economics/interior design/finance, etc.
- SOFT CET: It is conducted by the School of Fashion Technology. Eligibility is 50 – 60% aggregate in the 12th class.
- MET: It is conducted by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
More Related Articles
Here is the list of top colleges of interior design in diploma courses in India.
|College Name||Average Course Fee|
|RIMT University, Punjab||INR 60,000|
|Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya||INR 25,500|
|Madras Institute Of Fashion Technology||INR 102,000|
|Royal Global University||INR 80,000|
|Suryadatta Institute Of Fashion Technology||INR 90,000|
|Axis Institute Of Architecture||INR 40,000|
|Institute Of Design Environment And Architecture||INR 75,000|
|Poddar Group of Institutions, Jaipur||INR 105,000|
|Mewar University||INR 33,000|
|Sage University||INR 40,000|
|International Polytechnic for Women||INR 80,000|
|JD Institute of Fashion Technology||INR 2,00,000|
|IMS Design and Innovation Academy||INR 2,37,000|
|ITM University||INR 50,000|
|Apeejay Institute of Design||INR 130,000|
Interior Design Diploma Course Subjects are listed here.
- Art and Graphics
- Design Skills 1
- Design Skills 2
- Computer-Aided Graphic Design
- Construction and Design
- Interior Design Theory
Some of the important books to score better marks in diploma in interior design subjects are as follows:
- Spatial Strategies for Interior Design by Ian Higgins
- Architectural Graphics by Francis Ching
- Architecture: Form, Space and Order by Francis Ching
Candidates who have completed a diploma interior designing course can continue further studies and go for an undergraduate course. After that, they can do postgraduate and PhD. The higher studies will enhance their skills and provide more knowledge. Graduates can work in the government sectors and private sectors. As there is high demand for interior designers, graduates can get jobs in this field. Also, check How to become an Interior Designer in India to easily find a job.
The possible job profiles and average salary details for interior designing diploma holders are tabulated here:
|Job Profile||Pay Scale|
|Assistant designer||INR 3,00,000|
|Wedding Decorator||Based on Weddings|
|Interior and spatial designer||INR 3,50,000|
|Visual merchandiser||INR 4,00,000|
|Business Head||INR 200,000|
|Assistant Exhibition Designer||INR 4,00,000|
|Mid-Interior Designer||INR 305,000|
|Interior Lighting Designer||INR 400,000|
|Automotive Interior Designer||INR 2,00,000|
Interior Design Diploma Course Top Recruiters
The following are the top recruiters for diploma in interior design degree holders.
- Urban Ladder
- E.A. Hughes & Company
- Bonito Designs
- Freza Interiors
- Joby Joseph Interior designs
- Nitash Interior Private solutions
- Blue Angel Interior Design
- Uberdogg Design
FAQ’s on Diploma in Interior Design Courses
1. Which course is best for interior design?
The top 10 interior design courses for a better career are listed here.
- Diploma in Interior Design
- Interior Design and Heritage Interior Design
- Diploma in Professional Soft Furnishings & Curtain Making
- BA (Hons) Design for Outdoor Living
- Intro to Interior Design Course
2. What is an interior design diploma?
Interior Design Diploma course is a 1 or 2 years course based on the university where candidates learn skills. Students who have passed the H.S.C exam with 55% marks can apply for the course. The diploma interior design course completed candidates will get a job in interior design companies with the best salaries.
3. Is interior designers in high demand?
The demand for inter designers is very high. Apart from that, most companies are looking for multi-talented professionals who can continue with the market and perform two or more roles.
4. What is the eligibility for Interior Design Diploma Course?
Candidates must have passed the 12th grade or equivalent exam from any recognised board to get eligible for a diploma in the interior designing course.
We are hoping that the data mentioned here about Interior Design Diploma Course are helpful for the eligible candidates who want to pursue the course. Visit ncertbooks.guru website to know other course details complete information.