How to Join NDRF in India: Are you some who are currently working in any Security and Reserve Force such as Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and Central Industry Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF)? Are you looking to become a part of the 12 battalions in the NDRF? If yes, then in this article, we have given complete information on How to Join NDRF in India.
The National Disaster Response Force or NDRF is a functional force of India that serves the main purpose to handle the situation during a threatening disaster. The NDRF works under the guidance of the National Disaster Management body which is handled by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
During the time of occurrence of natural calamity, the central government takes over the duty of giving treatment and assistance to the area of concern by setting up help with the deployment of the State’s request of Armed Forces, Central Paramilitary Forces, National Disaster Response Force and all the necessary assets that might be a vital source for help.
Refer to Course Details to know more about related courses and find details like Admission Process, Eligibility Criteria, etc.
The person who is the head of NDRF is appointed as the Director-General. The Director-General of the National Defence Response Force is usually the Indian Police Service(IPS) Officers who are deployed from various Indian police organizations.
The formation of NDRF was to reduce the number of destruction and deaths as well. At the time of occurrence of a natural disaster, the major responsibility of NDRF is to provide relief and rescue operations. NDRF is competent enough to manage chemical disasters, biological and nuclear disasters.
Currently, the Indian NDRF consists of 12 battalions and each battalion consists of more than 1149 people within it. Among all these people, each and every battalion have three people from Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF) and Border Security Force (BSF) and two people from Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and Central Industry Security Force (CISF) also.
If someone is willing to Join the NDRF, then it is important to fulfil all the necessary requirements. Generally, the eligibility criteria vary from position to position that one is applying for. But there are some necessary requirements that one has to fulfil in order to enter NDRF. Here are some necessary conditions that one has to satisfy to Join NDRF.
- In order to Join NDRF, a candidate must have at least a diploma degree, bachelor’s, or master’s degree in any stream from any authorized institution.
- The minimum age criteria to Join NDRF is 18 years and the maximum age criteria are 25 years.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for any position in NDRF.
- A civilian is not eligible to Join the NDRF. The recruitment in NDRF is majorly from different Security and Reserve forces of India such as the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and Central Industry Security Force (CISF).
- How to become an Officer in the Army
- How To Join Marcos Marine Commando of Indian Navy
- How to join Black Cat Commando in India
If you want to Join NDRF in India, then you need to follow these steps. But before moving on to the procedure, you need to make sure that you must satisfy the eligibility criteria
- The first step is to download the notification from the NDRF official website.
- Read all the instructions and details carefully.
- The next step is to find out for which post you are eligible and also make sure that you satisfy all the requirements for the post that you are going to apply for.
- The further step is to fill out all the details in the application form.
- Before you submit the application form, attach all the documents along with the application form.
The salary package in NDRF is quite satisfying on the basis of the position. The current salary for the Deputy-General is Rs 80,000 per month and the average salary of the Deputy Inspector General is around Rs 53,000 per month. The salary of the commandant in NDRF is Rs 18,000 on monthly basis and the salary of the inspector in NDRF is the same as that of the Commandant.
The monthly salary of the sub-inspector is Rs14,000 per month. The salary package may vary from post to post and educational qualification and experience play a major role in providing a handsome salary package. Along with salary, there are various allowances and important service facilities are also given to the members of NDRF.
If you are looking to further expand your area of service towards the nation, then NDRF is a great option. You can contribute to the rescuing and assistance of many people affected by disasters. The salary given to the NDRF officers is also quite good. The level of competition is also not so high. So, it becomes easy to Join NDRF. So, if you are willing to Join NDRF, then you should definitely try out!