How To Join Assam Rifles As An Officer?: In India, the Assam Rifles are one of the oldest paramilitary units. It was formed in 1835. Under the Indian home ministry’s internal safety program, the force plays the role of an internal security unit. Additionally, the force is also responsible for providing border security during emergency situations. 63,747 soldiers are expected to serve in 46 battalions in total. Lt. Gen. Sukhdeep Sangwan is the current general of the Assam Rifles.
Refer to Course Details to know more about related courses and find details like Admission Process, Eligibility Criteria, etc.
- Assam Rifles’ role in the war
- How to Join the Assam Rifles?
- Assam Rifles Recruitment Selection Process
- Procedures for Selection
- Application Fees
- Required Documents for Becoming Assam Rifles As An Officer
- How to Fill The Application Form?
- Conclusion on How To Join Assam Rifles As An Officer?
Assam Rifles were founded in 1835 with only 750 men, and they are the oldest paramilitary group in British India. As a result, the army has fought in two World Wars, the Sino-Indian War of 1962, and is now defending against insurgents in the North East.
In the beginning, the group was called Cachar Levy and formed as a militia to protect British tea farms and villages from attacks by NE tribes. Due to its expanded mission of enforcing operations beyond Assam’s borders, it is renamed Assam Frontier Force. For its role in opening the region to administration and commerce, it came to be known as “the right arm of civil government and the left arm of the military.”.
The Assam Military Police Battalions of Lushai Hills, Lakhimpur, and Naga Hills combined in 1870. A few months before the outbreak of World War I, the Darrang Battalion was organized. The Assam Military Police filled in for the Gurkha Battalions soldiers because they could not be summoned on short notice and were on leave in Nepal.
Over 3,000 soldiers were deployed as part of the British Army to Europe and the Middle East. During the First World War, the Assam Rifles fought alongside the regular British Army Regiments, thus changing their name to the Assam Rifles.
To apply for this position, candidates must meet all of the qualifications. Candidates must have educational qualifications equivalent to at least a tenth-grade level. Here is a detailed description of the qualification process.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- It is necessary that he is an Indian citizen.
- Matriculation from a government-approved institution.
- The award-winning national players competing in the Physical Efficiency Drive are eligible to participate in all international and national competitions, interuniversity events, sports tournaments, and school games.
- The age limit for candidates in the General and OBC categories is 18 to 28 years.
- The age limit for SC and ST applicants is 18 to 33 years.
- How to become an Officer in the Army
- How To Join Marcos Marine Commando of Indian Navy
- How to Join NDRF in India
The candidates will be selected by taking the Physical Standard Test (PST), sports-specific field trials, and a Medical Examination. Injuries, including fatal ones, resulting from the rally and transportation tests will not be the responsibility of the Assam Rifles or the government. The Physical Standard Test and Field Trial will only be offered to candidates who pass the initial verification and documentation.
You will have to pass the selection process if you want to be hired for this specific post. In order to be considered for recruitment, all candidates must follow this process, which has been prepared by the authority. It consists of the following procedures:-
- Written test
- Physical efficiency test (PET)
- Skill test
- Detailed Medical examination (DME)
- Document verification
- Merit list
- Candidates belonging to the General/OBC categories will have to pay Rs.100/-.
- Candidates who are SC/ST or female are not charged any fee.
The candidate must possess the following documents to apply for the Assam Rifles Recruitment. Officials require scanned and self-certified copies of these documents when requested.
- A recent passport size photo
- Certificate of Matriculation
- Certificates of Accomplishments
- Identity proof (AADHAAR, PAN, driving license, voter ID)
- SC/ST/OBC Caste Certificate.
- A certificate of physical handicap (If applicable)
- Personal information (Email Address, Phone Number, Residence Proof)
Application for this position is only possible online, and you will have to submit fees as well. After payment of the application fee, your form will be accepted. Here are the steps to fill out the form:
- Visit the website to apply for the Assam Rifles online.
- After you click the link, the application form will open and instructions will be provided. Make sure you read and follow all of the instructions carefully. It is always a good idea to double-check everything you fill out.
- First, choose the advertising.
- Finally, select your gender.
- From there, select your state.
- After you select the trade, the screen will reveal a pop-up message that confirms your selection.
- After that, fill out your basic information, including your name, middle name, and last name, along with your AADHAAR number and marital status.
- Fill in your contact and qualification information.
- Your next step is to submit a photo and your qualification documents.
- Complete the form with your information and submit your payment.
The candidate must first prepare for the Indian Army in order to be eligible for the Assam Riffles recruiting process. You must be persistent and disciplined to become eligible. It is important to have a strong understanding of a variety of tasks, excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, and the ability to handle diverse situations. Only a few students succeed in applying for this position. Therefore, make sure you’re competitive and remain focused.