Are you dreaming to become an IT manager in India and preparing for it? The demand for the information technology sector is increasing day by day. This will be the best time to choose the IT field as your career so that you will get the best pay scale. Start learning the computer basics, programming languages, and software and networking from the high school level itself.
Communication and management skills are very important to become an information technology manager. Nothing is impossible if you have an interest in it. The benefit of an IT Manager is salary and job security. Given below is all about how to become an IT Manager in India. Scroll down this page to know what are the courses to finish, roles and responsibilities, skills required, types of IT managers, eligibility, and the salary package.
- What does an IT Manager Do?
- What are the responsibilities of an IT (Information Technology) Manager?
- How to become an IT Manager in India?
- Skills required to become an Information Technology Manager
- What to study to become an IT Manager in India?
- IT Course Details
- Types of IT Manager
- Admission Process for MBA Information Technology
- Top MBA IT College in India with Fees
- Eligibility Criteria to become an Information Technology Manager in India
- Pay Scale for an IT Manager in India
- Pros. & Cons of an IT Manager in India
- FAQs on How to Become IT Manager in India
What does an IT Manager Do?
An IT Manager is responsible for coordinating, planning, and leading the employees in work better. They have managing teams to improve productivity to solve software-related issues within the company. Information Technology managers are the one who guides the employees in the technological direction, network security of their organizations. But the main preference will only incorporate planning and directing the department’s needs and also managing a budget with vendors and communicating with clients.
What are the responsibilities of an IT (Information Technology) Manager?
The responsibilities of IT managers are shown below,
- They are responsible for the financial and other aspects of the project.
- An IT manager is responsible for documentation and delivering the project to the clients.
- You have the power of decision-making in the project.
- They are responsible for data analysis, analyzing the budget, bandwidth computations, and trend analysis.
IT Course Details
|Name of the Course||Information Technology|
|Bachelors Degree Duration||4 years|
|PG Duration||2 years|
|Admission for UG||EAMCET, JEE Mains|
|Admission for PG||Entrance test + GD + PI|
|The entrance exam for PG||CAT, XAT, NMAT, CMAT, MAT|
|Course Fee||10 to 15 lakhs|
How to become an IT Manager in India?
The students who have an interest in information technology after studying 12th class must apply for the entrance exam. The name of the entrance exam is EAMCET (Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test). Based on the +2 marks and entrance exam marks the students should select the best college. And completing the 4 years graduation course means a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology.
After completing the course with a good percentage, the aspirants will get an opportunity to apply for the IT Manager post. To become an IT manager we have to study post-graduation after a bachelor’s degree. In this, you can prepare for a management-based role. This role will make it easy to make the best career. Having an MBA degree in Finance, IT, or Operations will be the best decision. The admissions for MBA are via competitive exams like CAT, GMAT, and other private exams.
In addition to this, the aspirants must show some personal interest in it like learning to assemble and disassembling a computer, internships in any organization to improve networking skills.
Check out various Course Details of different categories and select the one that best suits you and join accordingly.
Skills required to become an Information Technology Manager
We have enlisted the skill that is required by the aspirant to become an IT Manager in India. They are as follows,
- IT management skills.
- Technical skills
- Budgeting & Forecast
- Problem Solving Skills
- Time Management & Scheduling
- Team Work
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Conflict Management
- Project Management
- Communication Skills
- Great listening abilities
- Decision-making skills
- People Management
What to study to become an IT Manager in India? | Course Details
Students who wish to become an Information Technology Manager in India must choose the course they are applying for. The courses have a different syllabus.
1. Bachelors Degree Course on IT: Students can join the bachelor’s course after completing 12th. The duration of the bachelor’s degree in the Information Technology course is 4 years.
2. Diploma course: The duration of the diploma course related to information technology is 3 years.
3. PG Degree Course: Students can join the PG Degree course after completing the under graduation. You need to write the entrance exam like PGECET to join the post-graduation course. The duration of the PG course in the IT field is 2 years.
4. PG Diploma Course: The duration of the PG Diploma course in Information technology is 2 years.
5. Certificate Course: You can pursue the certification courses like CSM, PMP to become an IT Manager in India.
Types of IT Manager
The different types of IT managers in different sectors are explained here.
1. IT financial manager: To become an IT financial manager the candidate must have completed a bachelor of degree in the relevant field. They Develop relationships with external shareholders and organizations to assess their technology, support, and security needs, Provide client appraisals and pitches IT equipment and service packages during meetings or presentations.
2. IT service manager: For this IT service manager job the requirement is a bachelor of degree in the relevant field, an important course in IT and computer science. Their role is to provide Client appraisals, service packages during meetings.
3. IT asset and configuration manager: For this, the requirement is a bachelor of degree in the relevant field. This role will ensure that IT management exercises control of IT configuration items.
4. Senior information technology manager: The Senior IT Manager is in charge of accurate and timely technology resource management and advice and consultancy services to managers and staff. The Senior Human Resource Consultant will take a lead role to develop the human resource policy and undertake human resource projects.
Admission Process for MBA Information Technology
The candidates after completing the undergraduate in Information technology can go for further education like MBA. There are four steps for joining MBA in India.
- Register and Apply for the MBA entrance exam
- Attend the MBA entrance exam.
- Shortlist the procedure
- Final admission process
MBA IT Syllabus:
- Bio Design Data
- Big data and data mining
- IT entrepreneurship
- Supply chain management
- New energy technology
Top MBA IT College in India with Fees
|Name of the college||Fee Structure|
|ICFAI Business School||7,00,000|
|GIBS Business School||6,15,000|
|Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University||10,480|
|University of Delhi||96,000|
|BITS school of management||25,00,000|
Eligibility Criteria to become an Information Technology Manager in India
To apply for the IT Manager job the students must satisfy the eligibility criteria given by the organizations.
- You must have completed +2 with above 65% from any recognized board. If your percentage is less than 60% then you are not eligible for this job.
- You need to complete your under graduation in the relevant course with at least 65% and no backlogs.
- You need to have a degree in management i.e., MBA.
- Good communication skills and technical skills.
Pay Scale for an IT Manager in India
The IT managers will receive less salary in the initial period like 5 to 7 lakhs per annum and after some experience like 2 to 5 years, the pay scale will be high approximately 11 to 15 lakhs per annum. When it comes to the government sector the pay scale will be around more than 5 lakhs and when it comes to the private sector the salary will be around 6 to 15 lakhs per annum based on your performance.
The salary depends on your dedication and the ideas you give to improve the organization. In the below table we will provide the estimated salary details for different specializations.
|Specialization in Information technology||Estimated Pay scale per annum|
|Asset and Configuration Manager||8,00,000|
Pros & Cons of an IT Manager in India
- Growth will be high
- The employee who works as an IT manager will get a good salary.
- Long working hours
FAQs on How to Become IT Manager in India
1. What qualifications do I need to become an IT manager in India?
Aspirants must have completed Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology with at least 65% from any recognized university.
2. How much do IT managers make in India?
The average salary of the IT manager is 10 to 15 lakhs.
3. How can I become IT Manager, after 12th in India?
The first thing is that the candidates must have passed 10+2 with an aggregate of 60%. After that, you have to join a UG course in degree or bachelor’s (B.Sc/BA).
Our aim is to provide the best guidelines for the students who wish to fulfill their dreams. The information provided in this article “how to become an IT Manager in India” is as per the expert knowledge. Keep in touch with us to get the latest information on the courses, eligibilities, admissions, salary, job profiles, and so on.