Most of the children in their childhood say that they want to become astronauts or scientists. Am I Right? But some of them will work hard to become to space scientist but will think of how to become a space scientist in India. To help them we have researched a lot to provide the guidance for you to become a space scientist.
To get selected as a space scientist the candidates have to prepare for exams conducted by the board. There is always something to know interesting in space like stars, planets, satellites, galaxies, and more. Know in detail about how to become a space scientist after 12th from this article likewise eligibility, responsibilities, salary and so on.
- Space Scientist
- Eligibility Criteria to become a Space Scientist in India
- Selection Procedure
- Entrance Exams to study space science in India
- Courses in Space Science After 12th
- Top Colleges that Offers Space Science Course (UG & PG)
- Space Scientist as Civil Engineering Syllabus
- Space Scientist as Electronics and Communication Engineering Syllabus
- Space Scientist as Electrical Engineering Syllabus
- Skills Required to Become a Space Scientist
- Types of Jobs in Space Scientist
- Top Recruiters of a Space Scientist
- Salary for Space Scientist
- What is a space scientist called?
- What is the role of India in space?
- Is becoming a space scientist hard?
Space science is a field where scientists research the Universe. This field comprises two sorts of space scientists – Physicists and Astronomers. Physicists center around the hypothetical region of the field and lab equipment. They are liable for how things work in space, while, Astronomers will do their review on stars, planets, cosmic systems, and so on Notwithstanding the field you pick, all streets lead to a profession in space science.
In order to get shortlisted for the post of a space scientist, the candidates must have pursued either of these courses M.Sc/B.Tech/ME/BE/M.Tech/Diploma in Computer Science and space science.
- Candidates have to enroll for B.Sc in Maths, Physics, and Chemistry after 12th.
- After the 12th you can go for BE/B.Tech in any of the courses Mechanical, Electronics, Computer Science or Electrical by scoring good marks in the entrance exams.
- After completing the UG course students can go for the Master’s degree in M.Tech/ME by cracking the entrance exam.
Age Limit: To get selected for the post of space scientist the candidates should be under 35 years of age.
- The candidates will be shortlisted based on their educational qualifications, biodata.
- After that, you will be shortlisted for writing the exam.
- If you get selected for the written test you will be called for a personal interview.
Some of the exams conducted by the state and central government education board to get admission for space science are given below. These entrance exams are conducted to check the eligibility of the students to go for an undergraduate course in the respective fields.
- JEE Mains
- JEE Advanced
Students after cracking the entrance exams can apply for any of the below courses. To become a space scientist candidates must have completed any of the below graduation courses in pure science and engineering. Check out the list of the below-given courses and select any one of them.
- B.Tech in Avionics Engineering
- B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics/ Electrical/ Mechanical/ Computer Science
- B.Sc in Mathematics/ Physics/ Computer Science
- Physics + M.S in Solid State Physics, Astronomy, Earth System Science
- M.Tech in Optical Engineering
- M.Tech in Electronics/ Electrical/ Mechanical/ Computer Science
- Ph.D. in relevant courses
In this section, students can find the list of top colleges and universities that offers space science course in India. You can choose any of the colleges from the list based on your rank in the entrance exams.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER-TVM)
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Kerala
- Centre for Earth and Space Sciences, (University of Hyderabad)
- Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, Nainital
- National Centre for Radio Astronomy, Pune
- Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune
- Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
- Radio Astronomy Center, Ooty
- Birla Institute of Technology Jharkhand
- Sri Venkateshwara University, Andhra Pradesh
- Aditya Engineering College, Andhra Pradesh
- AVS College of Engineering & Technology, Andhra Pradesh
- Madras University, Chennai
- BAMU University, Aurangabad
Students must concentrate on some of the subjects in civil engineering that helps to become space scientist.
- Building Materials
- Concrete Technology
- Environment Engineering
- Steel Design
- Irrigation Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Theory of Structures
- Estimating, Valuation, and Costing
The electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) syllabus that helps you to become a space scientist are Analytical and optical instrumentation, Analog Electronics, Basics of circuits and systems, Control Systems and processes, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, and Digital Electronics. These are some of the subjects in ECE that would become a key factor for getting shortlisted as a space scientist in ISRO.
In this section, we have enlisted the syllabus of EEE that might help you to become a space scientist in top companies.
- AC Fundamentals
- Basic Concepts
- Electrical Machines
- Estimation and Costing
- Synchronous Machines
- Magnetic Circuit
- Utilization and Electrical Energy
- Fractional Kilowatt Motors
Education is not only required to become a space scientist you must also have the skills that are required to get selected as a space scientist in India.
- Determination and willpower
- Good Communication Skills
- Time management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Positive attitude
There are various jobs in space scientist that are listed here.
- Avionics Technicians: The role of avionic technicians is to fix, test, adjust the electronic equipment in the spacecraft.
- Astronomer: An astronomer is a space scientist who observes the moon, stars, planets, galaxies, etc. The role of an astronomer is to do experiments on the celestial bodies in space.
- Aerospace Engineers: Aerospace Engineers’ responsibility is to design and research systems for space environments. Achievements will be possible by the ideas given by the engineers.
- Electrical Engineers: The role of electrical engineers is to design, develop and test electrical types of equipment and systems. They will help to resolve any technical issues in the international space stations.
- Mechanical Engineers: The duty of a mechanical engineer is to design, build, debug and repair the spacecraft equipment. It includes structural design of the craft, material selection, instrumentation, etc.
- Space Scientists: A space scientist is the one who does research in the universe on stars, planets, the milky way, moon by launching the satellite from earth to space.
In this section, we have provided the list of top companies that hires eligible candidates for the post of space scientist.
- Blue Origin
- Space Talos Ltd.
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Rolls Royce
- Agnikul Cosmos
- ODYSSEUS Space
- Bradford Deep Space Industries
- S.A.B Aerospace S.r.o
The approximate salary for different job roles per year is shown in the below table.
|Role of Job||Salary Per Year|
|Aerospace Engineer||Rs. 8,26,598|
|Air Traffic Systems Specialist||Rs. 7,15,000|
|Civil Engineer||Rs. 3,00,000|
|Mechanical Engineer||Rs. 3,50,000|
|Research Scientist||Rs. 7,00,000|
Frequently Asked Questions Related to become a Space Scientist
Astronomers study the planets, stars, and galaxies.
Aims for greater self-reliance in space technology.
Yes, it is a difficult journey to become a space scientist, but it is definitely worth it. If you are love to become a space scientist.
We wish the above-given step-by-step guide regarding how to become a space scientist in India is very helpful for you to build your career as a space scientist. Stick to this page to get the latest updates regarding the scientist jobs in India. Also, share this link with your friends who aspire to become space scientists.