In recent times, we see a lot of cyber attacks and data abuse that disrupt a computer network in India. By this, we can say that the demand for cyber security experts is increasing day by day. So, this is the right time for the students who wish to pursue cyber security courses for a better future. Do you want to know how to become a cyber security expert in India? If yes, then this article will help you out to get the complete information to become a cyber security expert in India.
Fetch the details of career opportunities for cyber security experts with salaries here. This article provides complete information on how to become a cyber security expert in India after 12th like course details, educational qualifications, roles and responsibilities, salary, and so on.
- Cyber Security Expert
- Eligibility Criteria to become a Cyber Security Expert in India
- Best Cyber Security Courses in India
- Top Universities in India that offers Cyber Security Courses | Top Cyber Security Colleges in India
- Steps to Become a Cyber Security Expert
- Cyber Security Expert Roles and Responsibilities
- Skills Required to Become a Cyber Security Expert
- Job Opportunities
- Salary for a Cyber Security Expert
- Interview Questions List for a cyber security expert
- What are the specializations for cybersecurity in India?
- What is Cryptography?
- What are the two types of cryptography?
The responsibility of the cyber security expert is to protect network systems and data from hackers or cyber-attacks. It involves implementing programs and networks using the tools such as firewalls, antivirus software to protect the data. As the technology is increasing day by day the demand for cyber security experts is also increasing.
People who are interested to become a cyber security experts must know the eligibilities before applying for the job. Here we have provided the eligibility criteria required by the organization to become a cyber security expert.
- Educational Qualifications: Applicants must have completed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks and UG courses like B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E degree in cyber security course and PG Courses like M.sc/M.tech in cybersecurity course with an aggregate of 65% from any recognized university or institution.
- Certificate Course on Cyber Security
- Technical skills
- There is no age limitation to applying for a cybersecurity job.
There are a lot of job opportunities for candidates who pursue cyber security courses. To become a cyber security expert it is necessary for the aspirants to study the related courses. Here we have provided the list of the top cyber security courses in India.
- Master Certificate in Cyber Security (Red Team)
- Standford Advanced Computer Security Program
- PGP in Cyber Security
- PG /M.Tech in Cyber Security
- PG Diploma in Cyber Security
- Cybersecurity Certification Course
- Post-graduation Program in Cybersecurity
- Cyber Pro Track
- Certified Information Security Consultant
And the other course that helps you to become a cyber security expert is B.Tech in IT, BE, MBA, ME, MCA, in Information Technology, Diploma, B.Sc, B.Tech, in Cyber Security and Forensics. The modules that are taught in the Diploma course are Fundamentals of Cyber Security, Server Security, Web Application Security, Database Security, Android Penetration Testing, IT Security Compliance.
- The duration of the B.Tech/B.E course is years.
- The duration of the post-graduation course M.Sc/M.Tech/MBA/MCA is 2 years.
- Diploma Course duration is 3 years
Students who are passionate about becoming cybersecurity experts must study Diploma or undergraduate courses in the top colleges for a better future. To get placed in a good organization you need to study in the best college. The top universities that offer cybersecurity courses with fee structures are as follows
|Name of the University
|B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
|Amity University, Jaipur
|M.Sc in Cyber Security
|M.Sc in Advanced Networking and Cyber Security course
|M.Sc/M.Tech in Cyber Security
|B.Sc/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Tech in Cyber Security course
|2 years for PG and 4 years for UG
|M.Tech in Cyber Security course
|CISCO Certified Network Associate Security
|SRM Valliammai Engineering College, Kancheepuram
|BE in Cyber Security course
|B. Tech CSE Networking and Cyber Security
|Marwadi University, Rajkot
|M.Sc/M.Tech in Cyber Security
|M.Sc in Advanced Networking and Cyber Security course
|K.R. Mangalam University, Gurgaon
|B.Sc in Cyber Security
|Webel Fujisoft Vara Centre of Excellence, Kolkata
|PG in Cyber Security
Cyber Security jobs are different from other technical jobs. In order to become a cyber security expert in India after the 12th candidates have to follow some steps given below.
- The first step is to complete the bachelor’s degree in the relevant cyber security course with minimum marks from any well-known institution.
- Learn cyber security fundamentals that help you to become a cybersecurity analyst.
- After learning the basics of cyber security you need to practice the required skills like audits, analyzing network traffic, etc.
- Get a Cybersecurity certificate that helps you in the interview.
- And at last, apply for cyber security jobs.
As cyber security experts, they have a lot of work to do. Let us know what are the roles and responsibilities of cyber security experts from here.
- He/she is responsible to check the data threats and implement security programs.
- The main role of the cyber security expert is to safeguard data from hackers or third parties.
- To design firewall systems, monitor data files, network systems, and so on.
Candidates must have some extra qualities to become a cybersecurity expert in addition to the educational qualifications.
- Time Management Skills
- Communication Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strategic skills
- Knowledge of computer networks
After completing the cyber security courses with minimum marks candidates will have opportunities to work in any organization. The list of the job roles after cyber security courses are as follows.
- Network Security Engineer: The role of network security engineers is to main firewalls, VPNs, routers, etc.
- Security Architect: The responsibility of the security architect is to design the network systems and to check whether there are any chances of data abuse and cyber attacks.
- Cybersecurity Analyst: The responsibility of the cybersecurity analyst is to analyze the risk factors in the network systems and other security protocols.
- Cybersecurity Manager: The role of the cybersecurity manager is to give instructions and guidelines for the team.
And some of the other related cyber security jobs are systems analyst, cyber security engineer, systems administrator, cyber security consultant, chief information security officer, Forensic Computer analyst, penetration tester, vulnerability analyst, etc.
The pay scale for a cyber security expert will be around Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 60,000 per month based on the skills, experience. The salaries for Cyber Security jobs will be varied from company to company.
In this section, we have provided the list of the most frequently asked interview questions for a cyber security expert for both fresher and experienced candidates.
- What is the purpose of Cybersecurity?
- What is a firewall? What is its need?
- Who are black hat, white hat, and grey hat hackers?
- Differentiate between threat, vulnerability, and risk.
- What does XSS stand for?
- Define VPN.
- What are the benefits of cyber security?
- What do you mean by a botnet?
- What do you mean by honeypots?
- How can you avoid a brute force attack?
- Differentiate between VPN and VLAN.
- Which is more reliable SSL or HTTPS?
- What is the difference between symmetric and asymmetric encryption?
- Differentiate between IDS and IPS in the context of cyber security.
- Differentiate between Black Box Testing and White Box Testing
- What is a three-way handshake?
FAQs on How to Become a Cyber Security Expert
- IT Management & Cyber Security
- Computer science with Cybersecurity and quick heal
- Information security with IBM
- Computer science with Cyber expert investigator
- Computer science with networking and Cybersecurity
Cryptography is the art of writing or solving codes. This is the method of transmitting the information securely without hacking by third parties.
There are two types of cryptography they are symmetric-key cryptography and asymmetric key cryptography.
We have provided the guidelines to become a cybersecurity expert in India. Hope the given information is satisfactory for all the candidates who wish to build their career as cyber security experts with different job roles. If you have any queries regarding the government cyber security course in India feel free to post the comments in the below-mentioned comment box.