Diploma in Pathology Course: The study of the causes and effects of diseases or injuries is known as pathology. This field incorporates a wide range of biology research fields and medicinal practices. When talking about modern-day pathology, we refer to the processes and tests which fall in the category of general pathology.
General pathology includes the number of distinct yet interrelated medical specialties that are used for the diagnosis of diseases mostly using tissue, body fluid, and cell analysis. A pathologist examines a tissue section for evidence of disease.
Keep reading the following article to know more about a diploma in pathology course details like eligibility criteria, entrance exams, admission process, syllabus, top colleges, fee structure, job options after pathology diploma course, top recruiters, future scope, and salary. All these topics are elaborated under various headings. So let’s get started!
About Diploma in Pathology Course
A diploma in pathology courses is a 2-year-long course that focuses on teaching the candidates about the various theoretical and practical phases of pathology techniques. This course assists to standardise pathology training at the diploma level. After the scores the students can work as clinical pathologists, lab executives, clinical managers, medical transcriptionists, teachers, consultants, medical examiners, mortuary assistants, etc.
The admission to these courses is either merit or entrance examination best and the student must have a graduation degree to apply for this course. The students who have a keen interest in pathology can go for this course as this course will provide them with the required skills required to become medical professionals in the pathology department.
Various top companies hire students with a diploma degree in pathology. The top job areas for the students are government or private hospitals, medical colleges and universities, medical laboratories, private clinics, content writers. The demand for expert pathologists is increasing day by day and this can be a very good career for students who are interested in this field. The job opportunities and the pay is hi for experienced and skilled pathologists.
- Diploma in Pathology Eligibility Criteria
- Entrance Exams To Take Diploma Pathology Course
- Diploma in Pathology Admission 2022
- Pathology Diploma Course Syllabus
- Top Colleges for Pathology Diploma
- Pathology Diploma Course Fees
- Future Scope for Diploma Pathology Graduates
- Job Profiles After Diploma Certificate Course in Pathology
- Top Recruiters To Hire Pathology Diploma Holders
- Online Diploma Pathology Courses Salary
- FAQs on Diploma in Pathology After 10th
The students that want to go for a pathology diploma course must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must have passed their class 12th examination or any equivalent in the science stream with physics biology and chemistry as their compulsory subjects.
- The minimum percentage that the students must have is 50% but this might also vary from college to college.
- The candidates must have a graduation degree in any related field together with their BSc in biology microbiology, MBBS, or biotechnology.
In some colleges, the admission in diploma in pathology course is done based on the entrance examinations. Following are the popular entrance examinations that can get the students admitted to a diploma in pathology:
- Armed forces Medical College entrance examination: The armed forces Medical College entrance exam is conducted to offer admission to candidates in various diploma undergraduate, postgraduate, MPhil, and Ph.D. programs.
- Christian Medical College entrance examination: The Christian Medical College conducts entrance examinations that provide admission to diploma courses. The students who pause in this entrance examination are called for counseling and further, the seats are allocated to them based on their performance in the entrance examination.
The admission process to a diploma in pathology course is usually done based on the performance of the student in the qualifying entrance examination. The admission is usually merit-based in most colleges. Let’s look at the admission process in detail:
- Registration: The students have to register themselves through the official website of the college that they want to get admitted to before applying for this course.
- Application form: After the registration through the official website the students must fill out the application form with all the details asked in it.
- Documents: After filling out the application form the students need to upload their required documents such as mark sheet, photographs, TC, signature, etc.
- Fee submission: The students are required to submit the fee of the application form.
- Admission: If the candidate clears the cut off marks released by the respective college and follows the admission process properly, they can finally complete the admission process and get admitted to a diploma in pathology course
The diploma in pathology is a 2-year-long diploma course and multiple subjects are taught throughout the course. Following is a list of subjects that are a part of the curriculum of a diploma in pathology diploma course:
- General pathology
- Systematic pathology
- Clinical biochemistry
- Transfusion medicine
- Record keeping
Top Colleges for Pathology Diploma Courses in India
There are many institutions all across the country that provide premium quality education for diploma in pathology courses. Following are the top colleges for diploma in pathology degree:
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- Armed forces Medical College Pune, Maharashtra
- Gajra Raja Medical College, Gwalior
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Maharashtra
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- Christian Medical College. Vellore
- King George’s Medical College, Lucknow
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
The fee for a diploma in pathology course ranges from somewhere between INR 10,000 to INR 8,00,000 for the full course. The fee of the course depends upon the college to which the student is admitted. The government colleges charge a much lesser fee as compared to the private colleges for the same course since the government colleges are funded through the state.
Pathology is one of the most encouraging and rewarding career choices in India. If anyone is interested in the diploma in the medical field, especially in pathology, doing a diploma in pathology might just be the right option for them. Pathology professionals are increasing every day and this is leading to an increase in career opportunities for talented pathologists.
After completing a diploma in pathology, the students can work as an expert in various segments under pathologies like clinical pathology, surgical pathology molecular pathology, anatomical pathology, plant pathology, veterinary pathology, and forensic pathology. There are several job openings after the successful completion of the diploma in pathology program in which the candidates can work as medical examiners and consultants.
The candidates can even open their private clinics after completing their diploma in pathology course. Pathologists can also set up their career in the research and teaching field after they have completed their post-graduation diploma or any other post-graduation degree and also a Ph.D. degree in pathology. There are several job offerings in India animal foreign country for pathologists.
- How to become A Pathologist in India
- Paramedical Courses
There are multiple job positions daughter open for students who have a diploma degree in pathology. Following are the top job profiles for diploma holders in pathology:
- Clinical Manager: The job of a clinical manager is to manage the administrative professional, clerical, and clinical staff. He also oversees the recruitment process, the improvement, and management of the daily processes, the appraisal of the staff, development, implementation of the rules and regulations. The clinical manager has to appear for meetings, set, and monitor budgets.
- Medical Examiner: The medical examiner is responsible for dedicated training in forensic pathology. Medical examiners accomplish inspect the organs and autopsy tissues, organs, and bodily liquids to inspect the cause of death.
- Clinical Pathologist: The job of a clinical pathologist is to inspect the body’s liquid blood bone marrow, and urine for examination purposes.
- Medical Transcriptionist: The job of a medical transcriptionist is listening to the recorded materials of a physician or any other healthcare export. They must be able to understand and transcribe the oral work into test results come referral letters, operative reports, and other documentaries.
- Lab Executive: A lab executive is accountable to maintain the laboratory equipment and tools, presentation through establishing a quality standard. They must troubleshoot procedures certify instrument performance guarantee staff compliance arrange and replace instruments.
After completing a diploma in pathology various companies hire the students. The top recruiters for diploma holders in pathology courses are:
- Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
- Food and Drug Administration
- Apollo Hospitals
- National Institute of Health
- Doctor Lal path labs
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Central Bureau of Investigation
- Intelligence Bureau
- Asian Institute of Medical Sciences, and many more
The salary of students after completing a diploma in pathology is somewhere between INR 2,00,000 to INR 10,00,000. Pathologists salary of an individual completely depends upon the post on which they are working and also their work experience. The salary of an individual keeps on increasing as their experience in the field keeps on increasing.
1. What are the eligibility criteria for a diploma in pathology course?
The eligibility criteria for a diploma in pathology course is that the applicant must have a graduation degree in any inter-related field including a BSc in biology microbiology, biotechnology MBBS, etc.
2. What is the fee for a diploma in a pathology course?
The fee for a diploma in pathology course depends upon the college in which the student takes admission. The fee can range from somewhere between INR 10,000 to INR 10,00,000 depending upon the college. The government colleges charge a much lesser fee as compared to the private colleges for a pathology diploma course.
3. What is the role of a medical transcriptionist?
The role of a medical transcriptionist is that they are answerable for listening to the recorded materials of a physician or any other health care expert. They must understand and transcribe the oral work into diagnostic test results cooperative reports other documents.
The above article contains details regarding the Diploma in Pathology Course. The details regarding the eligibility criteria for the course, entrance exams, admission process, top colleges, syllabus, fee structure, job opportunities after diploma in pathology, top recruiter, salary, the future scope of pathology are elaborated under different headings.
We hope that the article was able to provide you with all the information regarding the diploma pathology course details. Knowing about the various aspects of the course will help you make up your mind whether to go for the course or not. We hope that you make an informed decision for yourself. All the best!