Diploma Hotel Management Course: Thinking about building your career in the hotel management industry? Doing a Diploma Hotel Management Course might just be the right choice for you. The hotel management industry is one of the most rapidly growing sectors all over the globe that provide a variety of job opportunities.
In this article, we will provide you with all the information about the Diploma in Hotel Management Course. The course details like Diploma in hotel management duration, syllabus, registration process, eligibility criteria, fee structure, future prospects, pros and cons, salary, etc.
Also, a list of top recruiters that hire students who pursue diploma hotel management courses in India and Abroad is provided for your knowledge. So, let’s get started!
- About Diploma Hotel Management Course
- Should you do a Diploma in Hotel Management Course?
- Diploma in Hotel /Hospitality Management – Course Details
- Diploma in Hospitality Management Syllabus
- Advantages of doing online diploma hotel management courses
- Disadvantages of doing a Diploma Courses in Hotel Management
- Eligibility Criteria for Diploma Hotel Management Course in India and Abroad
- Diploma Course in Hotel Management Admission Process
- Entrance Exams for Diploma in Hotel Management Course
- Diploma in hotel management courses fees
- List of Top Colleges for Diploma Hotel Management Course in India and Abroad 2022
- Career Path & Job Options for Diploma Hotel/Hospitality Management Students
- Top Recruiters That Hire Students of Diploma Hotel Management Degree in India and Abroad
- Diploma in Hotel Management Salary
- FAQs on Diploma Hotel Management Course
Doing a diploma hotel management course is one of the best ways of entering the lavish world of hospitality and hotel management. The hotel management industry is growing at a very fast pace, with various job opportunities emerging from within the sectors. A diploma hotel management course is a 3-year diploma level hotel management course which is divided into six semesters. It focuses on the management of various sectors such as accounts, advertising, front office, bakery, administration, housekeeping, food management, catering, and upkeep. A diploma hotel management course will groom you as you step into the vast world of hotel management.
Who should do a diploma hotel management course? A person who is keen to understand how the world of hotel management and the related fields work and wants to build a career in this industry should do a diploma hotel management course. This course will help you develop various professional skills required to enter and sustain in this industry.
Throughout the diploma hotel/hospitality management course, you will have to work with the various sectors of hotel management and hospitality which will help you understand the internal working and structure of the rapidly growing and evergreen hotel management industry deeply.
A diploma in hotel management course duration is a 3-year diploma level hotel management course which has been divided into six semesters.
There are various sectors in which a diploma hotel management course focuses in order to train the students and provide them knowledge:
- Hotel administration
- Front office
- Food and beverage management
A diploma hotel management course is divided into six semesters and the syllabus of the entire course is distributed throughout these semesters. Let’s look at the semester wise distribution of the syllabus of a diploma hotel management course:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester||4th Semester||5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Front office operation||Accommodation operation||Quality food production||Quantity food production||Front office management||Advanced food production|
|Basic food and beverage service||Basic food and beverage service||Food and beverage management||Beverage operations practical||Advance beverage services||Research methodology|
|Nutrition food science||Health and hygiene||Principles of management||Front office operation practical||Advanced food production||Applications of computer|
|Basic food production||Basic food production||Beverage operations||Accommodation operation practical 2||Interdisciplinary||Applications of computer practical|
|Accommodation practical 1||Basic food production practical 1||Hotel maintenance||Hotel maintenance practical||Hotel financial management||Marketing and sales management|
|Language 1||Language 1||Principles of accounting||Industrial exposure training||Facility planning||Project|
|Language 2||Language 2||Environmental studies||_||Hotel law||_|
There are various advantages of doing a diploma hotel management course for your career, skill set, and professional growth. Let’s look at the pros of doing a diploma hotel management course below:
- Knowledge of the hotel management industry
- Vast career options
- Practical skill development
- Various internship options during the course
- Soft skill development
- Increase in salary
Disadvantages of doing a Diploma Courses in Hotel Management
Just like there are always two sides to a story, there are disadvantages as well of doing a diploma hotel management course. Let’s take a look at some of its disadvantages before you make up your mind to enrol in a diploma hotel management course:
- Working hours can be extremely long
- You have to be flexible
- A disciplined life is of utmost importance
- The industry is sensitive to economic ups and downs
- A lot of patience and soft skills are required
Whether you want to pursue a diploma hotel management course in India or abroad, there are some eligibility criteria that you must fulfill to get admitted in specific courses. Let’s look at the eligibility criteria for a diploma hotel management course in India and abroad:
- Education of 10 + 2 with any stream with 45 to 50% minimum marks
- Some universities will demand a good score in hotel management entrance exams like AIMA UGAT, BVP CET, AIHMCT WAT, etc
- Education of 10 + 2 with any stream
- A good score in English language proficiency exams like TOEFL, IELTS, etc
- A letter of recommendation and the statement of purpose
Diploma Course in Hotel Management Admission Process | How to apply for Diploma in Hotel Management Course?
To get admission in a diploma hotel management you must have a good performance in relevant entrance exams or you can get admission on the basis of the merit which you got in the last qualifying exam.
You can apply in online and offline modes to various institutions by either visiting their official websites or getting the application from the admission office of the institute.
Following is the list of the entrance exams that you can take for taking admission in a diploma hotel management course:
- AIMA UGAT (remote proctored IBT)
- JET Entrance Exam (offline)
- AIHMCT WAT (online)
- BVP CET (online)
The average fee for a diploma hotel management course begins from INR 14,000 and goes up to INR 2,00,000. The fee depends upon the college that you want to take admission. There are different fee structures and submission criteria for different colleges. Also, you can get to know about 1-year diploma in hotel management fees from here.
Whether you want to do a diploma hotel management course from India or abroad, there are various institutes and universities which will provide you with top-quality education. Let’s look at the top Colleges and Universities that provide diploma courses in hotel management in India and abroad:
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition
- Indian Institute of Hospitality and Management
- Shree Devi College of Hotel Management
- Indian School of Business Management and Administration
- Amrapali Institute of Hotel Management
- Vels University
- Garden City University
- YMCA Delhi
- Victoria University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL)
- Torrents University
- Royal Roads University
- Glion Institute of Higher Education, Glion & Bulle
- Cornell University
- Hotel school The Hague
- Les Roches International School of Hotel Management
There are various categories in which a student can work after completing their diploma in hotel management. Career paths for a student with a Diploma Hotel Management degree are as follows:
- Hotel Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Hotel assistant
- Front Office Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Bar Manager
There is a high demand for a workforce in the hospitality industry. The top companies that recruit hotel management students in India and Abroad are:
- Taj Group
- Hilton Group
- The Leela Palaces
- Oberoi Group
- OYO rooms
- Sarovar Hotels and Resorts
- Lemon Tree Hotels
- Indian Hotels Company Limited
- Four Seasons Hotel, London
- Hilton, Edinburgh
- Taj, Maldives
- Sheraton Hotels, Niagara Falls
- Hyatt, Australia
- Jackson Hotel, Ireland
- Pendley Manor, Hertfordshire
- Nino Dsaman, Kuwait
- Crossing The Bar, San Francisco
The average salary of a diploma holder in hotel management as a fresher is anywhere from INR 3 lakh per annum to INR 6 lakh per annum, both in India and Abroad. The salary depends upon the post at which a person is employed and the company which has recruited the individual.
1. What is a hotel management diploma?
A diploma hotel management course is a 3-year diploma level hotel management course providing practical and theoretical knowledge to students about hotel management.
2. Is a diploma in hotel management valuable?
Yes, a diploma degree in hotel management can get you a good job with decent pay. Also, it will help you enter the vast world of hotel management and hospitality.
3. What is the salary after a diploma in a hotel management course?
A fresher can get a salary anywhere from INR 3 lakh per annum to INR 6 lakh per annum depending on their post and company.
We hope that this article was able to provide you with the complete information about the Diploma Hotel Management Course like syllabus, eligibility criteria, admission process, entrance exams, fee structure, future job options, top recruiters, and average salary in India & Abroad.
We hope you got what you were looking for and will now be able to make an informed decision regarding your career. Do visit our portal ncertbooks.guru for the latest technology courses or career articles.