The demand for clinical research courses is increasing nowadays. In this article, we are sharing the list of clinical research courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, eligibility for courses, Fees, Career and growth, and Syllabus. Go through the entire article and decide whether it’s the right choice for you or not.
- About Clinical Research Course
- List of Clinical Research Courses in India
- Clinical Research Courses Eligibility
- Entrance Exams for Clinical Research Courses
- Clinical Research Courses Fees
- Clinical Research Courses Syllabus
- Scope of Clinical Research Courses
- Job Profiles and Salary of Clinical Research Courses
- Top Recruiters that hire Clinical Research Graduates
- FAQs on Clinical Research Courses
Clinical Research is a branch of science that deals in the healthcare sciences segment. Clinical research deals with the effectiveness and safety of medicines, diagnostics, and treatment in humans. It’s being done through clinical trials that is an experiments to find a new treatment for diseases. First, the experiments are done in laboratories and then on animals if the trials are successful then the treatment is done on human beings.
You can join a clinical research course at the undergraduate level, bachelor’s level, or even in diploma and certification courses. After a bachelor’s degree, you can pursue post-graduation in clinical research and post-doctorate in clinical research. Here is a list of available graduate and undergraduate courses.
Undergraduate Clinical Research Courses
You can pursue the following UG Clinical Research Courses and the course duration varies from one course to another. The courses are as such
- B.Sc Clinical Research
- Diploma in Clinical Research
- Certificate in Clinical Research
Certification Clinical Research Courses Online
There is a variety of clinical research course certifications. This certification duration ranges from 1 month to 6 months. Check the list of courses
- Data Management for Clinical Research
- Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials
- Understanding Research methods
- Understanding Clinical Research behind the Statistics
Post Graduate Clinical Research Courses
After graduation in any stream of biological sciences or clinical research, you can join a master’s in clinical research or PG Diploma in clinical research.
- Masters in Clinical Research
- PG Diploma in Clinical Research
For admission in clinical research at the undergraduate level, you have to qualify 12th standard in biological sciences with a minimum of 50 to 55%. And for the master’s program, you have to qualify for graduation with a 50-55 % minimum. The percentage of minimum eligibility may vary from college to college.
|B.Sc. Clinical Research||12th in PCB with a minimum of 50 to 55 % from recognized board + Entrance test|
|Diploma in Clinical Research||12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with min 50 % from a recognized board|
|Certificate in Clinical Research||12th with min 50 % in PCB from a recognized board|
|Masters in Clinical Research (M.Sc.)||Graduation in Biological sciences or Clinical Research from a recognized board with min. 50% + Entrance Test|
|Doctorate in Clinical Research||Masters in Clinical Research from a recognized University + Entrance Test|
There are few national levels and University Entrance Tests for admission in Clinical Research Courses.
- NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test)
- NIMS (National Insitute of Medical Sciences)
- ICRI (Insitute of Clinical Research), etc.
The fee structure of clinical research courses varies from institute to institute. We have highlighted the average fee structure of Clinical Research Courses in the below table
|Course Name||Fee Structure|
|B.Sc in Clinical Research||Rs. 6000 to 30,000 approx in Govt &
1,00,000 lac to 6,00,000 approx in private colleges
|Diploma in Clinical Research||Rs. 15,000 to 30,000/-|
|Certificate in Clinical Research||Rs.20,000 to 30,000 approx|
|M.Sc in Clinical Research||Rs. 20,000 to 6,00,000 lac approx|
You will study the subjects like clinical Research, Drug Development, Regulations in Clinical Research, Clinical Data Management, Basics of Pharmacology, pharmaceuticals, Drug Safety, Pharmacovigilance, etc.
- Introduction to Clinical Research
- Clinical Trial Document
- About Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical
- Drug Regulation and Safety
- Basics of Pharmacovigilence
- Computational Clinical Research
- Clinical Data Management
- Quality in Clinical Trials
- Public Risk Health and Management
- Biostatics and Clinical Trial Design
- Clinical Data Management
- Regulations in Clinical Research
- Chronology in clinical Research
- New Drug Development
- Guidelines in Clinical Research
- Ethics in Clinical Research.
There is much scope after clinical research courses in advanced clinical research and pharmacovigilance. The vacancies in clinical research all over the world are more than 150,000 lac.
You can be part of clinical research institutes, Research and development labs of pharmaceutical companies. You can get the role of lecturer, Medical writer, Regulatory Manager, Clinical Research Associate, Clinical Research Coordinator, patient recruitment executive, Clinical Research Assistant, Biostatistician, Drug Safety Associate, Drug Developer, Project Coordinator, trail Analyst, etc.
|Job Profile||Approx Salary|
|Lecturer||Rs. 3 lac to 8 lac per annum|
|Biostatistician||Rs 3.3 lac to 12 lac per annum|
|Clinical Research Associate||Rs 3.2 to 8 lac per annum|
|Clinical Research Coordinator||Rs. 2.5 to 8 lac per annum|
|Clinical Supervisor||Rs. 2.3 lac to 4 lac|
You will get the opportunity to work with top pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, and Life Sciences departments of companies like TCS, Wipro, Accenture, etc. The recruitment company after clinical research courses is as follows:
- Pharmaceutical Companies their R&D’s.
- Hospitals like Appollo, Columbia, Max Health care, Fortis, etc.
- Life sciences department of Companies like Wipro, TCS, Accenture, etc.
1. Can I Pursue Clinical Research Course after the 12th standard?
Yes, You can join B.Sc in Clinical Research after 12th in biology, Chemistry, and Physics. You can also join diploma and certification in Clinical Research.
2. What are the best institutes for clinical research courses in India?
The top institutes for clinical research in India are
- ICRI (Institute of Clinical Research India), New Delhi
- Altree Healthcare, Cochin
- Asian Insitute of Health Sciences (AIOHS), Cliniminds, New Delhi
- AS Insititute of Biosciences and Clinical Research, Gurgaon
- Oasis Institute of Health Sciences & Research, Pune
- Reliance Institue of Life Sciences, etc.
3. How can I become a Clinical Researcher?
For being a clinical researcher you have to pursue B.Sc in Clinical Research or join a diploma or certification in Clinical Research, you have studied biological Sciences in graduation, and you can pursue a master’s in clinical research.
4. How much can I earn after clinical research courses?
You can earn approx 3 lac to 8 lac as a clinical researcher in India.
5. What are the highest paying jobs after Clinical Research Courses?
The highest paying post after the clinical research course is Clinical Researcher, Clinical Research Associate, Clinical Research Coordinator, Clinical Research Supervisor, etc.
Hope after going through this article on Clinical Research Courses you have decided whether to make a career in it or not. In case of any further suggestions do let us know via the comment section so that we will get back to you. Stay tuned to our site for more course details related information.