CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 English 2020: Although the Class 9 annual exams in schools affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) are conducted by the respective schools, the syllabus is decided by the board. All Classes, from 1 to 12 of CBSE affiliated schools follow the NCERT curriculum as per the board’s recommendations. CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 English follows the NCERT curriculum.
The English language plays a vital role in every student’s life as this helps in securing various jobs. English is also considered to be a scoring subject which helps you to boost your overall Class 9 grades. So, it is important for every student in the 9th grade to know the CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 English. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 English. Read on to find out.
CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 English 2020
Before getting into the details of CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 English, let’s have a look at the section-wise marks distribution:
|B||Writing Skills With Grammar||30|
|C||Literature Textbook and Supplementary Reading Text||30|
CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 English Reading Skills
This section tests your reading skills, i.e. your ability to read and understand a passage. There will be two passages based on which questions will be asked:
- A Factual passage of 300-350 words with eight Very Short Answer Type Questions.
- A Discursive passage of 350-400 words with four Short Answer Type Questions to test inference, evaluation, and analysis with four Very Short Answer Questions to test vocabulary.
CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 English Writing Skills With Grammar
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 English Writing Skills with Grammar includes the following:
- Writing an Article/ Descriptive Paragraph( person/ place/ event/diary entry) in about 100-150 words based on visual or verbal cue/s.
- Writing a short story based on a given outline or cue/s in about 150 – 200 words.
The Grammar syllabus will include the following areas in Class IX :
- Use of passive voice
- Subject-verb concord
- Reporting Commands and requests (ii) Statements (iii) Questions
- Clauses: (i) Noun clauses (ii) Adverb clauses of condition and time (iii) Relative clauses
CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 English Literature
This section will be based on the prose/poetry/play included in the English Literature Textbook and English Supplementary Reader of Class 9:
- BEEHIVE – English Textbook for Class IX
- MOMENTS – English Supplementary Reader for Class IX
The list of the chapters included in the CBSE Class 9 English language syllabus are tabulated below:
|The Fun They Had||The Road Not Taken||The Lost Child|
|The Sound of Music||Wind||The Adventures of Toto|
|The Little Girl||Rain of the Roof||Iswaran the Storyteller|
|A Truly Beautiful Mind||The Lake Isle of Innisfree||In the Kingdom of Fools|
|The Snake and the Mirror||A Legend of the Northland||The Happy Prince|
|My Childhood||No Men are Foreign||Weathering the Strom in Ersama|
|Packing||The Duck and the Kangaroo||The Last Leaf|
|Reach for the Top||On Killing a Tree||A Hose s Not a Home|
|The Bond of Love||The Snake Trying||The Accidental Tourist|
|Kathmandu||A Slumber did my Spirit Seal||The Beggar|
|If I were you||–||–|
Now you are provided with all the detailed information regarding CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 English. Focus on your study and finish the entire syllabus. Remember, you need a clear understanding of each and every concept in the CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 so as to avoid facing any difficulty in Class 10.