Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (B.U.M.S.) Course: Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery is one of the most growing and enthusiastic courses that has come to light very recently. For all participants who are seeking to pursue this course, this article will give an insight into the eligibility, syllabus, scope, and salary of this course. For further details on the admission and application process of this course, this article has been written with the precision of keeping in mind the best needs of the students.
B.U.M.S Full form is Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery.
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery Course Highlights
- What is Unani?
- List of Colleges offering Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery ((B.U.M.S.)) Course Syllabus/Curriculum
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (B.U.M.S.) Course Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (B.U.M.S.) Course Application Process
- B.U.M.S Course Fee Details
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery Course Job Profiles
- Salary Offered to Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery Professionals
- Top Employers for Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery
- What are the top colleges offering Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery Courses?
- What is the average fee for the Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery course?
- What is the duration of the course for Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery?
- What are the most popular specializations related to Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery?
- What is the Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery offering to the applicants?
About Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (B.U.M.S.) Course
One of the significant fields of science and medicine has come to light very recently offering the participants a better chance to differentiate and have better specifications in this field. The Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery is a 5.5-year course in the field of medicine. All participants are required to have a 10+2 for this course. This course is also subjugated to entrance test and interviews depending on the colleges. This is an Undergraduate degree programme, including a year of internship which is compulsory for all students.
- The Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery is an Undergraduate program that is 5.5 years in duration, including a year of Internship compulsory for all students.
- All applicants are required to have a relevant 10+2 in education in the field of science. The minimum percent marks required varies between 50 – 55 depending on the college. Some colleges also include an age limit as their eligibility criteria; the minimum age of all students are required to be 17 and over.
- The BUMS admission process depends on Entrance Test and Interviews and Counseling, which are conducted on clearing the entrance tests. The criteria may be different for different colleges.
- The course fees for the Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery course varies from Rs. 50000 to 6.3 lacs depending on the college which the applicant chooses to study.
- The average starting BUMS Course salary of the participants on completion of this course varies between 2 lacs to 10 lacs per annum depending on the recruiting company.
- Different job positions for recruitment in this course include Consultant, Lecturer, Scientist, Private Practitioner, Medical Assistant, Public Health Specialist, and many more.
- Top enlisting organizations in this field incorporate Unani Medical Colleges, Unani Charitable Institutions, Unani Clinic, Unani Medicine Stores, Unani Consultancies, Unani Medicine System Education Training Institutes, Life Science Industries, Healthcare Communities, Unani Private Hospitals, Unani Care, Unani Dispensaries, and some more.
Unani is the arrangement of elective meds. This is like the Ayurveda in terms of the four components and as mainstream as the Ayurveda. The clinical highlights as the sign, side effects, research facility highlights and mijaz are imperative to analyze any infection. Some of them include Skin inflammation, Vitiligo, Rheumatoid, Leucoderma, Joint pain, Psoriasis, Bronchial Asthma, Jaundice, Filariasis, Intense and continuous sicknesses.
In this master course the understudies are instructed about Regimental treatment, Venesection, Cupping, Diaphoresis, Diuresis, Turkish shower, Massage, Cauterization, Purging, Emesis, Exercise, Leeching, Pharmacotherapy, Dietotherapy, Surgery Jarahat, etc.
The unhitched male of Unani Medicine and Surgery, similar to all elective clinical student programs that fall into the AYUSH order – Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy, is checked by the Central Council of Indian Medicine.
Some of the most reputed colleges offer the Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery course for their participants. The top colleges for pursuing this course have been ranked below in terms of education, faculty, and job prospects. They are as follows :
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery in Delhi NCR.
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery in Maharashtra.
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery in Chennai.
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery in Uttar Pradesh.
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery in Telangana.
|Name of College||Fees||City|
|Luqman Unani Medical College and Hospital||Rs. 1.5 Lacs||Bijapur|
|Tippu Sultan Shaheed Educational Trust Unani Medical College||Rs. 66417||Gulbarga|
|HMS Unani Medicine College Sadashiv Nagar||Rs. 6 Lacs||Tumkur|
|National Institute of Medical Sciences||Rs. 5 Lacs||New Delhi|
|Glocal University||Rs. 5 Lacs||Saharanpur|
|Eram Unani Medical College and Hospital||Rs. 7 Lacs||Lucknow|
|ZVM Unani Medical College and Hospital||Rs. 4-5 Lacs||Pune|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Rs. 30000||Aligarh|
|Zulfequar Haidar Unani Medical College and Hospital||Rs. 5 Lacs||Bihar|
|University of Delhi||Rs. 4 Lacs||Delhi|
|Government Unani Medical College||Rs. 50000||New Delhi|
|Government Ayurveda College||Rs. 4 Lacs||Thiruvananthapuram|
|Government Autonomous Unani Medical College and Hospital||Rs. 1 Lac||Bhopal|
B.U.M.S Course Subjects details are available here.
- History of Unani System.
- Bedside Clinic.
- Dissertation 1.
- Medical Ethics.
- Advanced Yoga.
- Social Medicine and Preventive.
- Medical Jurisprudence.
Third and Fourth Years
- Dissertation 2.
- Regimental Therapy.
- Gynecology, Pediatric.
- Advanced Principles of Unani Medicine.
- Dissertation 3.
The essential qualification measures for seeking after Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS) course is a successful score in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 in Science stream with subjects, for example, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with at least 50 percent from a perceived school or college.
The understudies who have examined Urdu in class XII or having capability in the Urdu language will be given inclination in affirmation.
Some presumed institutions offer affirmation through the national and state level placement test. Understudies can show up in KEAM (state-level test), CPAT, CPMEE or NEET for confirmation in the BUMS course. The applicant ought to be at least of 17 years old.
A few foundations offer confirmation through the state and national level selection test.
At the hour of affirmation, the applicant ought to have a minimum age of at least 17 years.
The Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery can likewise be sought after through the online mode training framework.
The private schools leading Bachelors of Unani Medicine and Surgery is generally higher Undoubtedly, government universities’ charge is lesser than private foundations. Notwithstanding, the Unani organizations’ charge structure ranges between Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 7,00,000. The expense structure additionally relies upon the program that the participant enrolls into.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details Streamwise, and Category wise
Numerous associations and exploration organizations are working in the assembling and examination field abroad are requiring an expert in Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery. Unani is known as the fourth crowded drug framework after Allopathy, Ayurveda, and Homeopathy. The activity profiles in the wake of finishing the BUMS program are the following:
- Private practice.
- Drug specialist.
- Clinical right hand.
- General wellbeing pro.
- Spa chief.
- B.Sc Course Details
- B.Sc Horticulture Details
- B.Sc Statistics Course
- BAMS Course Details
- Medical Courses
Applicants can land the position in Unani universities as an educator, speaker, and instructor or as an analyst. This brings forth a substitute treatment. A portion of the mainstream proficient roads open to such alumni is recorded underneath with the comparing pay rates offered for the individual positions.
- The average package offered to a scientist in this field is Rs. 3 to 4 Lacs per annum.
- The average package offered to a therapist in this field is Rs. 6 to 7 Lacs per annum.
- The average package offered to a Pharmacist in this field is Rs. 4 to 5 Lacs per annum.
The top employers for this field include the following places :
- Unani Medical Schools.
- Unani Charitable Establishments.
- Unani Clinic.
- Unani Medication Store.
- Unani and Ayurvedic Research Establishments.
- Unani Consultancies.
- Unani Medication Framework Instruction Training Foundations.
- Life science Enterprises.
- Medicinal Services Network.
- Unani Pharmaceutical Enterprises like Hamdard.
- Unani Government Emergency Clinics.
- Unani Private Emergency Clinic.
- Nursing Homes in Unani Care.
- Unani Dispensaries.
FAQ’s on Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery
Listed here are some of the top schools offering Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery Medical courses: Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (Puducherry), Osmania Medical College (Hyderabad), Armed Forces Medical College (Pune), Sri Ramachandra Medical College, and Research Institute (Chennai), Lady Hardinge Medical College (New Delhi). You can investigate these schools on our site to check on the off chance that they offer Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery ((B.U.M.S.)) or not.
The average fee that is required for an applicant of the Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery course is Rs. 3 Lacs. The costs depend on the colleges ranging from Rs. 30000 to Rs. 7 Lacs.
The Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery is a five and a half year course which also includes a full year of internship, compulsory for all students.
A portion of the popular specializations for Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery are Unani Medicine and Surgery, Medical Sciences, General Medicine.
Graduates with this degree have the opportunity in the ventures like Unani Medical Colleges, Unani Charitable Institutions, Unani Clinic, Unani Medicine Store, Unani and Ayurvedic Research Institutes, Unani Consultancies, Unani Medicine System Education Training Institutes, etc. The average pay for graduates Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery is around Rs. 2 to10 Lacs; however, this can be higher based on understanding and different elements.