Architecture Courses After 10th: Intrigued by the beautiful monuments all across the globe? Love designing creative structures? Well, if designing and creating wonderful architecture is your dream going for architectural courses right after class 10th can be just the right decision for your career.
Let’s find out what architectural courses are available for students after class 10th, the eligibility criteria for the courses, admission process, syllabus, top colleges, fee structure, entrance examinations, work options, recruitment areas, top recruiting companies, and salary. So let’s begin!
- List of Courses in Architecture Field for Class 10 Pass-outs?
- Other Architecture Diploma Courses after 10th
- Admission Process in Architecture Courses
- Entrance Exams for Admission to Architectural Courses after Class 10th
- Architecture Course Syllabus After Class 10
- Colleges for Diploma in Architecture after 10th
- What is the Fee for an Architecture Course in Diploma?
- Job Profiles for Architectural Courses Holders after Class 10
- Top Recruiting Companies & Areas for Architects after 10th Class
- Salary for Architects in India
- Will I be able to enroll in any undergraduate program in architecture after class 10th?
- What are the subjects of study in architectural courses?
- Is architecture a good career option in India?
Undergraduate programs for architecture allow admission to students after they have completed their class 12th at the recognized Board of Education after scoring a minimum of 50% marks. Also, there are diploma-level courses and integrated courses that offer admission to students right after they have completed their class 10th.
Let’s look at some of the most popular architecture courses after class 10th and their eligibility criteria:
- Diploma in Architectural Assistantship: The diploma in architectural assistantship is a diploma-level program that has a duration of 3 years. the entire duration of the course is divided into semesters and there are a total of 6 semesters throughout the course duration. The minimum eligibility criteria for the scores is that the students must have science math and English as their compulsory subjects in class 10 in order to take admission to the scores. The marks of the students must be at least 50% in their board examination.
- Diploma in Architectural Assistantship – BTech Civil Engineering: The diploma in an architectural assistantship and BTech civil engineering program is a dual program. In this course, there is a diploma course and a degree program combined into one. Due to the dual nature of the program, the duration of this program is 6 years. Students can enroll in the scores right after their class 10th. The entire program is divided into semesters and there are 12 semesters in total throughout the duration of 6 years. Students must have mathematics, science, and English as their compulsory subjects in class 10 in order to be eligible for the course admission since this is the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Diploma in Architectural Assistantship – Bachelor of Design: This course combines a diploma course and a degree course. Since this is a dual program, the duration of this course is 6 years. Each year is divided into 2 semesters making the course a total of 12 semester-long courses. The eligibility criteria for the course are also similar to the other courses which are passing the class 10th from a recognized Board of Education with a minimum of 50% Marks and having mathematics science, and English as compulsory subjects.
Other Architecture Diploma Courses after 10th
|Diploma in Architecture||3 Years||After Class 10th|
|Diploma in Construction Management||1 Year||After Class 10th|
|Foundation Diploma in Architecture and Design||2 Years||After Class 10th|
|Diploma in Construction Technology||3 Years||After Class 10th|
The admission process to architecture courses after class 10th is quite simple. The admissions can be done either on the basis of merit or on the basis of entrance examinations. Let’s look at each of these processes in detail.
For merit-based admission following are the steps to be taken:
- The admission process is done via both online and offline modes. The application form for a college can be done in an online mode by submitting the application form along with the necessary documents in a scanned format. Foreign offline mode of submission of application visiting the college campus is important along with all the original documents whose photocopy is to be submitted along with the application form.
- The overall percentage of the student in the board examination of class 10th is the deciding factor whether the student will get admission to their desired college or not. The higher the marks the higher the chances of a student getting into a great college.
- After the verification of documents and looking at the merit of the student in the class 10th examination a list is prepared in which the names of selected candidates are mentioned. The candidates who have cleared the cut-off criteria are hence eligible for admission to the course.
- After this, the student will have to reserve a seat in the college by paying around the amount of fee that differs from college to college. After completing the final process of fee payment, the student will be considered the registered student for that course and they can start the classes according to the timetable of the college.
For entrance exam based admission following are the steps to be taken:
- For entrance exam-based admission the very first step is registering for the entrance examination that the students want to take. For this, the student will have to visit the website of the body that conducts the examination and fill out the application form. There are certain details such as phone number email ID etc that need to be filled in at the time of submission of the application form.
- This submission should be done very properly because only if all the details are proper, the admit card is released. As soon as the admit card is released, the student will have to download it and get a printout of it because without the admit card entry will not be allowed into the examination hall for taking the entrance test.
- After taking the test the student will have to wait for the result announcement. If the student has cleared the test their name will be announced and they will have to come in for the counseling process in order to get their desired college.
- The colleges look at the marks of the student obtained in the entrance examination for selecting the students for various courses. After the students are selected in a particular college for a particular course, they will then have to submit the fee in order to confirm their seat in that course. After this last step, the students will be considered the student of that college and they can start the classes according to the timetable of their course.
Entrance Exams for Admission to Architectural Courses after Class 10th
Following are the top entrance examinations for admission to architectural courses that the students can take in order to get admitted to their desired top college:
- DELHI CET
- AP POLYCET
- TS POLYCET
The exact syllabus of an architecture course completely depends upon the particular course and also the college to which the student is admitted. However, the subjects of study are common. Following is a list of the major subjects of study in all architectural courses that are taught to students in order to instill in them the necessary skills required to become a skilled architectural professional:
- Architectural drawing
- Architecture design new life building construction
- Building science and services
- Theory of structures
- Building management
- Computer and software lab
- History of architecture
- Building management
- Architectural appreciation
- Theory of settlement planning
- Workshop practice
- Design applications
Colleges for Diploma in Architecture after 10th
There are many popular institutes for architectural courses that provide good quality education for students and instill in them the skills that are required by good professionals. Following other top colleges that the students desire to get admitted to in order to pursue their architectural dream:
- Aryabhatta Polytechnic
- Cochin Technical College
- Academy of Architecture
- ACN College of Polytechnic
- AMIE Institute
- APS Polytechnic
- Devgarh Institute of Technology
- Government Polytechnic
- Gautam girls Polytechnic
The fee for an architecture course after class 10 can be somewhere between INR 8000 per annum to INR 50,000 per annum. The exactly completely depends upon the course that the student has enrolled in and also the colleges that the student has been admitted to. The certification courses or diploma courses have a lesson free as compared to the dual courses.
Completing education in architecture opens up a door of opportunities for the students who are keenly interested in the field. There are multiple job roles that are suitable for skilled professionals as the industry is constantly looking for good architects and related professionals to bring in their skill set and knowledge to create wonders. Following are the top set of job profiles for architecture professionals:
- Assistant manager
- Building designer
- Assistant architect
- Layout designer
- Interior designer
- Automotive designer
- Project engineer
- Construction site assistant supervisor
- Assistant field inspector
- Quality control engineer
- Assistant project manager
- How to become an Interior Designer in India
- Architecture Courses After 12th
- Architecture Courses in India
List of top most common hiring industries that consider architects after their 10th is as follows:
Top recruiting areas for architecture students:
- Construction companies
- Housing industry
- Educational institutes
- Civil engineering department
- Interior designing companies
- Engineering transportation
- Roadway engineering
- Site design
- Land development
Top recruiting companies for architecture students:
- Housing board
- Christopher Charles Benninger
- Emaar Properties
- Unicorn development constructions
- Ralls constructing
- Shapoorji and pallonji
The average salary of a fresher working in the architecture field is somewhere between INR 2,00,000 per annum to INR 4,00,000 per annum. Experience is of utmost importance in this field and as one gains experience via projects and different work experiences, the salary automatically keeps on increasing as the value of that candidate increases.
FAQs on How to Become Architect in India After 10th
No, Most undergraduate programs allow students to enroll in their courses if they have completed their class 12th from a recognized Board of Education with a minimum of 50% marks. However, there are some courses that are available for students right after they have completed their class 10 such as diploma courses and integrated programs that are related to architecture.
The basic subjects of study in architectural courses are:
- Communication skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Project work
If you have a zeal for creative work that can be seen in front of your eyes and forms of buildings Holcomb library other wonderful structures and want to be known for its architecture is definitely a good career option for you. In a country like India which is seeing a rapid increase in industrial infrastructure development, becoming an architect might really be beneficial for you both in terms of experience and money.
The above article contains all the information about architectural courses after class 10 right from the description of available courses to the future scope of the courses. We hope that you found what you were looking for. Do let us know your thoughts about this write-up and give your suggestions in the comments below. Stay connected to us for more such content on NCERTBooks.Guru. All the best and we hope that you make all the right choices.