Advance Diploma Course in Canada: Do you want to pursue diploma courses in Canada? If yes, then stay on this page. Here we are providing the complete guide on advanced diploma courses in Canada after 12th class or 10th grade. Students have to spend one or two years in studies to enhance their skills in the chosen field. After completing an advanced diploma course in Canada, people can get job opportunities in the relevant field.
Have a look at the detailed admission procedure, tuition fee, best colleges and universities of advanced diploma courses available in Canada for local and international students.
- List of Advance Diploma Courses in Canada
- Benefits of Studying Advance Diploma Course in Canada
- Best Colleges for Diploma Courses in Canada
- Canada Diploma Courses Required Documents for International Students
- Entrance Exams to Study Advance Diploma Courses in Canada
- Canada Advance Diploma Course Fee
- FAQ’s on Advance Diploma Courses in Canada
- Final Words
Advanced diploma courses in Canada are short term courses that focus on specialization and primary aim to make students industry-ready. In general, the Canada diploma course duration is 2 to 3 years in a wide range of specializations. Advanced Diploma in Canada after 12th Course has 6 semesters for 3 years of study. The diploma courses in Canada are job oriented containing practicals in the relevant field of study.
Advance diploma course in Canada fees ranges from $10,000 to $15,000 per academic year. But it may vary based on the course, the college you choose. Below mentioned are some advanced diploma courses for students in Canada.
- Advanced Diploma in Graphic Design
- Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management Co-op
- Advanced Diploma in Game Programming
- Advanced Diploma in Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering Technology
- Advanced Diploma in Health Informatics Technology
- Advanced Diploma in Business Administration
- Advanced Diploma in Biomedical Engineering Technology
- Advanced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technician – Design
- Advanced Diploma in Energy Systems Engineering Technology
- Advanced Diploma in Advertising and Marketing Communication Management
- Advanced Diploma in Food Science Technology
- Advanced Diploma in Chemical Laboratory Technology
- Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design
- Advanced Diploma in Child and Youth Care
- Advanced Diploma in Aviation Technology
- Advanced Diploma in Cyber Security
- Advanced Diploma in Fine Art
- Advanced Diploma in Environmental Technology
Here we are giving the advantages of pursuing advanced diploma courses in Canada for international and local students. These courses are mainly focused on practical aspects of learning along with job-oriented skills.
- Advance Diploma Courses are of less duration and can be finished in less than 3 years. There are few programs that take more than 4 years to complete all subjects.
- We also know that diploma courses are job-oriented and enhances practical knowledge rather than focusing on the academic aspects.
- The short term courses are valid across Canada and considered for different job profiles.
- The cost of the course is affordable as it starts from $2,000 per year.
- Canada provides post-graduate work permission (PGWP) to the students who have enrolled in courses of 8 months or more duration.
Advance Diploma Course in Canada is offered at public colleges, universities, community colleges, and others. The list of top colleges in Canada for advanced courses is here.
- Algonquin College
- Athabasca University
- Conestoga College
- Centennial College
- St. Clair College
- Seneca College
- Mohawk College
- Cambrian College
- Toronto School of Management
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
- Canadian College of Technology and Business
- College of Rockies
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
Every individual has to fulfil certain requirements to apply for advanced diploma courses in Canada. The required documents and admission procedure is different for different colleges. But here we are providing the basic documents to apply for diploma courses in Canada for Indian students.
- Passport: It is mandatory to have a passport that is valid for a minimum of 6 months after the completion of your course.
- Entrance Exam Qualified Certificate: Candidate must score good marks in any entrance test to get admission to colleges in Canada. You must carry that particular exam qualified document.
- Birth Certificate and Parental Consent: Candidates who are studying diploma courses in Vocational colleges such as CEGEPs have to submit their birth certificates. Students with age below 18 years have to submit parental consent to study in Canada.
- Immigration Documents: Students who want to study in Canadian colleges/universities must apply for visas. They can have a temporary visa when the course duration is less than 6 months. Other mandatory documents needed at the time of immigration are temporary residential visa/travel documents and an acceptance letter from DSI in Canada.
- Official Documents from College: Students have to submit official marks lists from class 10th.
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores: International students have to submit TOEFL, IELTS scores if they have studied English up to 12th class. English language proficiency is the main requirement for admission. Candidates without the best score in the school level English tests have to submit TOEFL, IELTS scores to prove their language proficiency.
- Proof of Funds: It is one of the primary requirements to get admission to any best diploma course in Canada. Applicants has to submit a detailed financial statement about their family’s financial status. This information is used by the college to know if he affords the education.
Entrance Exams to Study Advance Diploma Courses in Canada
If you are planning to apply to the university or college of Canada for advanced diploma courses? Then you must know the exams required to apply for the course. The following exams depend on the course you select in diploma and Canadian institution for admission. Some of the Canada entrance exams are listed here:
- IELTS Exam: It is a direct evaluation of the high quality of English language tests.
- TOEFL Exam: It is a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Most Canadian colleges ask students to have a minimum score in TOEFL.
- PTE Exam: Several institutions and colleges in Canada recognise PTE academics. This is the simplest method to get an acceptance letter from a designated Canadian learning institute.
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT): You can apply for Canadian law school by writing LSAT Canada.
- Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT): High school diplomats can continue studying and enrol in the Canadian university by qualifying for this test.
- Medical College Admission Test (MCAT): This exam tests critical, analytical abilities, and ideas of physical, biological sciences.
More Related Articles:
Tuition fees for various fields advance diploma course in Canadian colleges and universities are given here.
|College Name||Tuition Fee|
|Algonquin College||8.8 Lakhs|
|Centennial College||8.0 Lakhs|
|Durham College||7.4 Lakhs|
|Fanshawe College||4.18 Lakhs|
|Fleming College||10 Lakhs|
|George Brown College||2.73 Lakhs|
|Humber College||9.48 Lakhs|
|The Sheridan College||10.5 Lakhs|
|Sault College||8.86 Lakhs|
|Mohawk College||9.83 Lakhs|
|St. Stephens College||5.57 Lakhs|
|North Island College||8.92 Lakhs|
|Luther College||11.60 Lakhs|
|St. Lawrence College||4.76 Lakhs|
|Niagara College||8.22 Lakhs|
You can also pursue 2 years PG Diploma Courses in Canada.
1. What is Advanced Diploma Canada?
The advanced diploma course is more specialised than the regular diploma course as it includes co-op and internship components. That unique opportunity improves your skills in real-world situations, networks within the industry, building a resume, and so on. The total course duration is for 3 years and it is an undergraduate-level course.
2. Who is eligible for the advanced diploma course in Canada?
To join for advance diploma course in Canada, students should complete a relevant undergraduate diploma or 12th class with a cumulative score of 60%. Few special courses related to business administration or project management may require to have one to two years of work experience.
3. What comes after Advanced Diploma?
Students who have successfully completed undergraduate advanced diploma courses can apply for postgraduate courses like postgraduate diplomas or master’s degrees.
4. Is an advanced diploma equal to a degree?
The advanced diploma course is a program that is studied between a degree program and certification. The diploma is better than certification but it is less worthy than a degree or bachelor’s degree or master’s degree. The major difference between an advanced diploma and PG is degree course duration is 2 years and the advanced diploma course duration is 3 years.
5. How long is advance diploma course in Canada?
Advanced diploma programmes course duration is 3 years.
We hope that the information given here about Advance Diploma Course in Canada is useful for the students who want to study in Canada. Stay in touch with our website ncertbooks.guru to know other course details.