10 Lines on My Pet Parrot: Pets are companion animals that are kept for accompanying or entertainment purpose but not a working, livestock or laboratory purposes. Pets add to the dynamic of your home. They are and should be treated as a family member. Pets are said to be great stress relievers. Two of the most common pets are cats and dogs. Other pets that are commonly kept include rabbits, birds, hamsters etc.
Commonly pets have attractive appearances or have a higher sense of intelligence but sometimes people also take in stray pets to care for them. Everyone should get a pet in their homes and take care of them. Pet owners should spend quality time with their pets. Having a bird pet is quite different from any other pet. These require less maintenance and are friendly in nature. These are a good pet choice if you are just getting started. Birds are one of the most gentle and calm creatures.
Enhance your vocabulary and writing skills with 10 Lines Essays available. Spark up the creativity in you and access various Topics on 10 Lines all in one place.
Short Essay on My Pet Parrot
Parrots are one of the most common bird pet people keep. Parrots do not have a definite personality type. They can be loud or shy, aggressive or laid back just like a human being. PArrots have their individual personalities which are subjective to each parrot. parrot owners train their parrot to speak as parrots are one of the more advanced and intelligent species. Parrots have the ability to speak some syllables of human language as well. If trained properly they can also communicate with human beings.
Given below are the sets of 10 lines on my parrot students can use in their projects and assignments.
Set 1 – 10 lines on My Pet Parrot for kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Parrots are commonly kept bird pets and pet owners keep them for their personality types.
- I have named my parrot Jack after the character Jack sparrow from the movie series Pirates of the Caribbean.
- The lifespan of parrots is from 10-30 years depending upon the species of parrots.
- Parrots are of different colours such as blue, green, grey, black, orange, red, white, yellow or multi-coloured and the colour of mine is bright yellow.
- My parrot feeds on raw vegetables such as peas and is especially fond of chillies.
- My parrot is friendly and greets every visitor that comes into my house.
- We have taught him how to greet the visitors and he says hello or hi depending upon his mood to every visitor.
- We let him fly freely around the house and only keep him in his cage during the night time.
- He likes to fly across the home and seldom sits on the tree bark made for him.
- He loves to sit on our shoulders and constantly wants to cuddle and be pampered.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on My Pet Parrot for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Parrots have a curved beak that distinguishes them from other birds that are kept as companions.
- We have named our parrot Monty and he responds whenever he is called.
- He loves to sit on my mother’s shoulder while she is cooking so that she can feed him whatever she is cooking.
- The lifespan of the species of my parrot is up to 20 years.
- He is light green in colour with patches of light red and oranges on feathers.
- He likes to fly around our entire house and eat fruits from the dining table.
- His favourite fruit is guava and he also loves to eat red chillies.
- We don’t keep him caged at all and he likes to sleep on the bark that is made for him.
- He loves when someone pats him on his shoulders and often asks to be rubbed all day.
- When we take him out in open air he flies high comes back to eat and then flies again.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on My Pet Parrot for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Pets have a lifespan up to 30 years but that depends upon its species.
- Our parrot is highly social and loves to sit on people’s shoulders and arms whenever called upon asking to be patted on the head.
- We are trying to teach him single syllables.
- He wakes us all up with his high pitched voice every morning and is always full of energy.
- We all love to play with him but his favourite activity is sitting on my father’s shoulder when he is reading the newspaper.
- He loves to eat fruits and feeds on grapes, chillies, peas and other raw vegetables.
- He responds to my whistle and comes flying back when we allow him to fly in the open sky.
- He sleeps in our bedroom on his throne as we call it and loves watching television.
- He doesn’t like to be put in cages and often fights with it and we seldom keep him in the cage.
- He is the most loved and pampered member of our family and we all call him Adi.
Frequently Asked Questions on My Pet Parrot
How are parrots differentiated on the basis of personality types?
Parrots are an exception to a generalised behaviour. Their character traits are subject to individual personality and age. Parrots can be categorised into four personality types-
- Highly Social- Parrots belonging to this category are highly interactive with their owners. They feel good when touched and cuddled with.
- Social- parrots love to be around their owners. You should let them feel that they are a part of your family and everything works well.
- Somewhat social- These types of parrots are not very interactive but even then owners should try and interact with them to keep them tame.
- Hands off- parrots are not actually of these character types but these do include other types of birds such as canaries.
How do bird pets differ from normal pets?
Bird pets are different from normal pets as they do not require some special attention. Depending upon the species they can be gentle, calm and interactive. Pet owners should interact with them daily and take care of them.
Why should people get a house pet?
Pets are a great companion. They are living creatures that add to the dynamic of your house. They are full of energy and keep the vibe of your house happy. People can also adopt stray animals rather than buying a pet. Also, feeding your street dogs is a good thing people should do.
Comment upon the physical attributes of parrots.
Parrots have lifespan depending upon their species. It can be around 10-30 years. Parrots have colourful feathers that are green, yellow, white, blue, red, orange or multicoloured. Parrots have a curved beak which differentiates them from other birds.