UPSC Mains Psychology Reference Books: Psychology is a popular optional subject for civil service examination. Most of the aspirants consider this subject in Civil Service Examination as it is easy in scoring, simple and a safe choice. In this article, you will come up with various reference UPSC books for the UPSC Psychology mains exam.
Must See: UPSC Mains Mathematics Reference Books
IAS Mains Psychology Exam Date 2020
IAS Mains Exam Update 2020: Civil Services IAS mains exam is going to be held in the month of June 2020. Usually, the exam will be held in two sessions. Morning Session will be from 9 AM to 12 PM whereas the evening session is held from 12 PM to 5 PM.
UPSC Mains Reference Books for Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology & Modern Life James.C. Coleman
- Achieving Society David McClelland
- Theories of Personality Hall & Lindzey
- Social Psychology Baron & Byrne
- The Psychology of Small Groups Shaw
- Introduction to Psychology Morgan & King
- Psychology Robert A Baron
- Inner World Sudhir Kakar
- Systems & Theories of Psychology Krawiec & Chaplin
UPSC Mains Psychology Booklist for your Reference
- Eysenck – “Psychology-Ashrdent’s Handbook”
- Chaplin and Kraweik – Systems and theories of psychology
UPSC Psychology Mains Reference Books for specific topics
- Abnormal psychology and modern life – Cokman Vead, well being & Mental disorders, therapeutic approaches and coping mechanisms.
- Organizational behavior – Stephen P. Robbins
- Psychological testing – A.K. Singh
- Statistical Analysis Garette
- Advanced Educational Psychology – Mangal S. K.
- Community psychology – Pandey
- Social psychology – Baron
- Development psychology – Hurlock
- Theories of personality – Hall, and Lindey
Psychology Subject in UPSC Mains Examination
Psychology is the study of human beings and animals and applications of it for the benefit of mankind. In a nutshell, wherever there is human involvement Psychology has a role to play. Usually, Psychology is introduced in an academic discipline so that you get to understand individuals, groups and mental functions in individual and social behavior.
Psychology had a surge in the number of students opting for it as their optional subject for the Civil Services exam. It is an interesting and engaging subject. However, at the end of the day, more than the choice of subject as optional, it is a student’s dedication and hard work that results in the outcome.
Why UPSC Reference/ Suggested Books are Vital?
UPSC Suggested Books for Psychology gives you a glimpse of background information(definitions, details, facts, dates) and can assist in focusing on your topic. It is a good place to begin your research. You can access the reference materials for UPSC Civil Services Exam like encyclopedias, handbooks, almanacs, and dictionaries. In order to excel in the UPSC Mains Examination refer suggested books for Psychology by Experts. Go through the compilation of books on this page and make your preparation easy.
I wish, the data prevailing on our page regarding UPSC Mains Psychology Reference Books cleared your queries to an extent. For more such concerns you can drop us a comment via comment box and we will try to clarify them at the earliest possible. Kindly, keep in touch with our site for availing the latest updates on UPSC Exams.