Top Medical Colleges in India 2020: Medical Education is the most prominent education across the globe. Students who are looking forward to seeing them as reputed doctors should require a quality education to achieve their dream. For that, students have to choose the best medical college and acquire a complete knowledge about the medical courses like MBBS, BDS, etc.
One right choice makes you achieve your dreams i.e., a reputed doctor. So, today we are glad to discuss with you about Top Medical Colleges in India. Without doing deep research and calculating related factors of the college, students can’t decide any random college for their Medical Education. Hence, we request students to study Medicine Courses in the best colleges after doing the research about the college.
To help you out from this situation, we have compiled a list of Top Government & Private Medical Colleges in India 2020 for MBBS and other specializations in this article. This list of best medical colleges in India is gathered on the basis of factors such as research output, industry interface, refereed publications, and academic productivity. So, check out the page completely and make the right decision for your medical career.
- 2020 Top Medical Colleges in India
- Top 10 Medical Colleges in India: NIRF Ranking Factor
- Top Medical Colleges in India: Cut Off Rank Factor
- Best Medical Colleges in India 2020: Zone Wise
- Top 40 Private Medical Colleges in India 2020 for MBBS / BDS
- 20 Top Private Medical Colleges in India with MBBS seat intake
- Placements Offered By Top Medical Colleges in India
- FAQs on Best Medical Colleges in India
Top Medical Colleges in India 2020: NIRF Rank Wise, Cut Off, Placements Wise, Zone Wise
Medical Education in India is managed by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Indian Top Medical Colleges offered Graduation and Post-Graduation Degrees are also regulated and standardized by the MCI. Various Specialization Courses offered by different government/private Top Medical Colleges in India are MBBS, MD, BDS, MDS, and MS.
Most of the best medical colleges in India were set up by the central and state governments in the 1950s and 1960s. A few old Indian Medical Colleges are Calcutta Medical College, West Bengal. Some of the top private medical colleges in India were established in the late 1980s especially in the state of Karnataka.
Do Refer: Medical Entrance Exams
Here, you will find out the Top Medical Colleges in India based on their NIRF Ranking, Cut-off, Placements, and also private MBBS Seat Intake factors. Also, we have given a list of top 40 private Medical Colleges in Inda 2020 for your sake. Refer to the list and choose one right college for your medical education by considering all possible aspects.
List of Top 10 Medical Colleges in India: NIRF Ranking Factor
NIRF Full Form is a National Institutional Ranking Framework, which is the ranking agency of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and publishes a list of top colleges in India over 8 distinct fields.
Every Year, they release the NIRF Rankings, and the colleges are ranked based on their performance over different parameters. NIRF ranking parameters comprises:
- Teaching, Learning & Resources
- Research and Professional Practice
- Graduation Outcome
- Outreach and Inclusivity
- Peer Perception
On the basis of these parameters only, NIRF published a list of the Top 30 Medical Colleges in India in 2o20. And, we listed the best ones in the below table:
|NIRF ALL INDIA RANK 2019||NIRF ALL INDIA RANK 2018||CHANGE||
AVERAGE ANNUAL FEE
|AIIMS New Delhi||1||1||0||INR 1,628|
|PGIMER Chandigarh||2||2||0||INR 6,000|
|Christian Medical College, Vellore||3||3||0||INR 48,530|
|Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Kochi||5||NP||–||INR 18,00,000|
|BHU Varanasi||6||7||+1||INR 10,400|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||7||4||-3||INR 14,40,000|
|JIPMER, Puducherry||8||6||-2||INR 5,000|
|Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi||9||8||-1||INR 70,000|
|King George’s Medical University, Lucknow||10||5||-5||INR 55,000|
Top Medical Colleges in India: Cut Off Rank Factor
The below table presents the Top Medical Institutes in India cut off rank on the basis of their accepted entrance exams. Besides JIPMER, all the colleges allow NEET scores for MBBS Admissions. So, verify the cut off of Best Medical Colleges in India and desire one college from the list.
|College Name||Cut Off Rank|
|AIIMS New Delhi||53|
|Amrita School of Medicine, Kochi||32055-95035|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||3383-30521|
|King George’s Medical College, Lucknow||88-496|
AIIMS New Delhi is a very inexpensive college besides cracking this nut is also not an easy task. The institute’s cut off in 2018 was only 53.
Top Medical Colleges in India 2020: Zone Wise
The following tables will display a few Top Medical Institutes in India as per their Zone Wise. As per various states and cities, the below zone-wise list of colleges is categorized. And, these medical colleges rankings are released by India Today. So, check your particular Zone Wise Top Medical Universities in India 2020 and gain more knowledge regarding your chosen course in the field of medical education.
2020 Top Medical Colleges in North India
|COLLEGE NAME||AVERAGE ANNUAL FEE|
|AIIMS New Delhi||INR 1,628|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||INR 2,000|
|University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi||INR 7,000|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (AMU), Aligarh||INR 44,000|
|BHU Varanasi||INR 10,400|
Best Medical Colleges in East India
|COLLEGE NAME||AVERAGE ANNUAL FEE|
|R G Kar Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata||INR 15,250|
|IPGMER, Kolkata||INR 8,100|
|Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata||INR 15,520|
|Darbhanga Medical College, Darbhanga||INR 6,500|
|Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata||INR 11,000|
Top Medical Universities in West India
|COLLEGE NAME||AVERAGE ANNUAL FEE|
|Armed Forces Medical College(AFMC), Pune||INR 32,000|
|Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai||INR 1,04,000|
|Dr. D Y Patil Education Society’s D Y Patil Medical College, Kolhapur||INR 22,00,000|
|K J Somaiya Medical College, Mumbai||INR 9,25,000|
|Grant Medical College, Mumbai||INR 60,000|
2020 Top Medical Institutes in South India
|COLLEGE NAME||AVERAGE ANNUAL FEE|
|Christian Medical College, Vellore||INR 48,530|
|Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute (SRMC), Chennai||INR 22,00,000|
|Kasturba Medical College(KMC), Manipal||INR 14,40,000|
|Bangalore Medical College And Research Institute, Bangalore||INR 14,850|
|St. John, Bangalore||INR 5,56,400|
List of Top 40 Private Medical Colleges in India 2020 for MBBS / BDS
- Kasturba Medical College Manipal
- Sri Ramachandra Deemed Medical University Chennai
- CMC Ludhiana
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre Kochi
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical College Pune
- Osmania Medical College Hyderabad
- SMS Medical College Jaipur
- AJ Institute of Medical Sciences (AJIMS) Mangalore
- MS Ramaiah Medical College Bangalore
- MGM Medical College Aurangabad
- BJ Medical College Ahmedabad
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore
- Padmashree Dr. D Y Patil Medical College Pune
- KJ Somaiyya Medical College & Research Centre Mumbai
- PGIMS Rohtak
- Siksha O Anusandhan University (SOA) Bhubaneswar
- KLE Society’s Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (KLE JNMC) Belgaum
- Dr. MGR Educational and Research Institute University (MGRDU) Chennai
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Wardha
- SGT Medical College – Hospital & Research Institute Gurgaon
- Saraswati Institute of Medical Sciences Ghaziabad
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital Bangalore
- Smt Kashibai Navale Medical College and General Hospital Pune
- Dr. BR Ambedkar Medical College Bangalore
- Raja Rajeswari Medical College Bangalore
- Shri Aurobindo Institute of Medical Sciences Indore
- Maharashtra Institute of Medical Education & Research Pune
- Pramukhswami Medical College Anand
- Terna Medical College Mumbai
- Santosh University Ghaziabad
- Sree Balaji Medical College Chennai
- Index Medical College and Research Center Indore
- Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Amritsar
- Deccan College of Medical Science Hyderabad
- Maharaja Agrasen Medical College Hisar
- Mahatma Gandhi Mission’s Medical College Mumbai
- ACS Medical College Chennai
- Vydehi Institute of Medical Science Bangalore
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Ambala
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Medical College Rajkot
Must See: MBBS Course Details
Top 20 Private Medical Colleges in India with MBBS seat intake
|College Name||City||MBBS Seats|
|Christian Medical College||Vellore||100|
|Kasturba Medical College||Manipal||250|
|St. John’s Medical College||Bangalore||150|
|Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences||Kochi||100|
|Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research||Chennai||250|
|The Christian Medical College and Hospital||Ludhiana||75|
|Kasturba Medical College||Mangalore||250|
|JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research||Mysuru||200|
|The Ramaiah Medical College and Hospital||Bangalore||150|
|Dayanand Medical College and Hospital||Ludhiana||100|
|Dr. D.Y Patil University of Medical Sciences||Navi Mumbai||250|
|Dr. D.Y Patil University of Medical Sciences||Pune||250|
|Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences||Wardha||100|
|Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences||Pondicherry||150|
|Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research||Pondicherry||250|
|Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences||Bhubaneshwar||100|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College||Belgaum||200|
|SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre||Chennai||150|
|Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research||New Delhi||100|
|MGM Medical College||Aurangabad||150|
Placements Offered By Top Medical Colleges in India
Doctors have very good medical chances after graduating from these top medical colleges in India. They are recruited by the government and private hospitals with a minimum salary package of INR 1-2 LPA. Also, these institutes/universities/colleges offer great post-graduation chances and research chances to the students. So, pick the right medical college and attain a job in the best-reputed hospital with a huge package.
FAQs on Best Medical Colleges in India
1. How many medical colleges are there in India?
There are 1,567 best medical colleges in India with 996 private and 571 govt medical colleges.
2. Which are the top medical colleges in India?
There are 474 top medical colleges in India approved by MCI (Medical Council of India) and 467 have the approval of UGC.
3. Which is the No 1 Medical College in India?
Number 1 Medical College in India is the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Delhi.
4. What is the rank required for AIIMS Delhi?
The closing rank for AIIMS Delhi stays between 50-75.
5. Which is the best government medical college in India?
Top 5 Government Medical Colleges in India:
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- JIPMER Puducherry
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh
- BHU Varanasi
6. Is NEET tough?
NEET is a tough exam because the syllabus and the topics to be prepared for the exam are difficult. NEET consists of three subjects- Chemistry, Physics, and Biology, and these three subjects are tough. For most of the students, physics is one of the toughest subjects.
7. What is the total duration of an MBBS course in India?
The total duration of MBBS courses varies from college to college. Typically, an undergraduate degree in medicine lasts between 4 years 6 months and 6 years for the entire course.
8. What is the salary after MBBS?
The Salary for MBBS Qualified candidate can be rewarded in a range from 30,000 per month to as high as 2-3 lakh per day. An ex-professor of AIIMS had been given around 12 crores per annum from a big corporate hospital. That’s almost 3 lakh per day.
I hope you found the best college out of the available list of Top Medical Colleges in India 2020 for your higher medical studies. If you need any help regarding the same, feel free to comment us below via the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends & cousins. Stay tune or Bookmark this site ncertbooks.guru and get updates on various fields of Top Colleges in India 2020.