Social Science Courses: The scientific study of mankind is referred to as social science. It is a scientific field that studies socio-cultural elements of human behaviour. We all need to understand society and its evolution, as well as the nation’s current political situation. All of this falls under the heading of social science.
Most of us enroll in professional courses with the assumption that by working in the field, we would learn everything there is to know. However, you will only be able to learn about the professional world. However, taking a Social Science Course will enable you to comprehend the psychological, political, and sociological changes that have happened in humans. Refer to the following sections to know useful info like various online best social science courses, eligibility, benefits, career scope, jobs, salary, admission process, and so on.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details Streamwise, and Category wise.
- About Social Science Courses in India
- List of Free Social Science Courses Online
- Benefits of Social Science Courses
- Skills Required for the Social Science Courses
- Social Science Courses Eligibility Conditions
- Social Science Courses Fees Structure
- Top Social Science Courses Universities/Colleges
- Admission Process for Social Science Courses
- Career Options of Social Science Courses
- Placement and Recruitment
- Salary for Social Science Courses | Social Science Jobs
- FAQ’s on Social Science Courses
About Social Science Courses in India
Social Science is a major category of academic discipline that studies human behaviour and social relationships. Specialisations in Social Science include Political Science, Psychology, History, Economics, Sociology, Anthropology, Linguistics, and so on.
There are so many colleges/universities all over India that are providing these courses. Those colleges will conduct either an entrance exam/merit list to take admissions into the courses. Interested students can pursue diploma/UG/PG/doctoral courses in social science with the lowest fees. The course finished candidates will get better job options as social workers/economists with salary ranging from 2.5 lakhs per annum.
List of Free Social Science Courses Online
The social sciences are a field of science concerned with the study of societies and the human-society interaction. Anthropology, archaeology, and political science are among the topics covered in this course.
- Diploma Courses
- UG Courses
- BA English Literature Course
- PG Courses
- Masters’ Degree in Finance
- Master’s Degree in Economics
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Sociology
- Master’s Degree in International Relations
- MA Political Science Course
- PhD Courses
- PhD in Political Science
- PhD in Psychology or PhD in Clinical Psychology
Benefits of Social Science Courses
One of the primary academic subjects is social sciences. Students learn how history, art, music, religion, and culture have shaped the modern world in this study. Humanities is concerned with art, music, and literature, whereas Social Sciences is concerned with anthropology, archaeology, and politics. That is why, despite their differences, the two streams are frequently studied together since they complement one another.
The scope of Social Studies is as wide and varied as the globe itself, as well as long as human history. “The breadth of a social studies curriculum should give for a diversity of experiences so that the child’s learning is well rounded and balanced,” Michaelis explains.
The following are the important points:
- As large as the entire globe. It spans the entire globe and is as long as it is wide. It is the study of human interactions between the areas such as
- People of one’s own nationality as well as people from other countries.
- People and various types of institutions
- People and the Environment.
- Time and People
- Resources and people.
- A study of Natural and Physical Sciences, as well as Fine Arts.
Skills Required for the Social Science Courses
- Problem-solving, information processing, and effective social writing are all skills that may be learned.
- Cross-cultural understanding
- Critical and creative thinking
- Skills in social research
- Social issues and concerns are identified and analyzed
- Ability to intervene in a positive manner
Social Science Courses Eligibility Conditions
Every course has various eligibility conditions that a candidate must meet in order to be qualified to take the course, and the Social Sciences course contains the following eligibility criteria:
For the Under-graduation
- The candidate must have completed 10+2 in the necessary stream from a well-known board.
- He or she must pass the 10+2 with at least a 50% aggregate.
Candidates with a bachelor in diploma following a year of study are also eligible to apply for this program.
For Post-Graduate Students
- The candidate must have held a degree in the relevant field from a well-known university.
- He or she must have a minimum aggregate of 50%.
Social Science Courses Fees Structure
The fee structure for different best diploma/ under graduation/ post-graduation/ doctoral courses of social sciences is here. You can check both government as well as private college fees.
|UG||7.28 K- 22.94 Lakhs||6.19 K – 1.20 Lakhs|
|2.05 K-2.18 Lakhs|
|Doctoral||1.50 Lakhs-3.60 Lakhs||30.00 K-47.03 K|
|Diploma||15.00 K- 28.90 K||15.15 K- 25.21 K|
Top Social Science Courses Universities/Colleges
The list of best Social Science Courses are along the lines.
- Columbia University
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Yale University
- Stanford University
- University of Chicago
- University of Pennsylvania
- California Institute of Technology
Admission Process for Social Science Courses
Students who graduate the 12th grade with a good 50% grade point average are able to enroll in any science-related course. Science (PCB, PCM, and PCMB) must be taken as a primary subject in the 12th grade for everyone. Students will also be required to take an admissions exam, which they must pass in order to continue. Depending on the sort of science course, the admission test may differ. NEET is the admission test for medical science courses.
The students must take a number of entrance tests in order to be admitted to science courses after 12th grade. For admission to engineering programs, many institutions prefer the JEE test, whereas, for admission to medical courses, many prefer the NEET exam.
Procedure to apply:
- Visit the college or university’s official website.
- Submit your application for the admission exam within the deadline.
- Download the admit card and take it with you to the entrance exam.
- Students who pass the exam must fill out and submit an application form.
- The admission letter will be issued to you when the document verification process is done.
Career Options of Social Science Courses
The student will have numerous job opportunities in the subject after graduating with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Science. The students can get an opportunity to become an anthropologist, an economist, or content editors. After graduation, they can concentrate on pursuing a master’s degree.
Because the applicants will get an opportunity to study abroad and then get job offers in the field of social work. Because of their vast scope in the field of social work, and by working in NGOs abroad, you can get admission to the United Nations.
You will be able to help your nation with a better understanding of people’s concerns and their attitudes toward society by enrolling in a social sciences study.
Placement and Recruitment
A profession in the humanities and social sciences isn’t generally seen to be a wonderful way to further your career. This is due to the widespread misunderstanding of this stream is only for students who are intellectually challenged. This is far from the reality since there are several job options for Humanities and Social Sciences students right now.
After completing a course, placement and recruiting firms play a significant part in the development of a student’s future. The majority of organizations determine the job profile depending on the student’s field of study.
The study of social science has a wide range of applications since it enables students to get a better understanding of society and individuals, as well as their interdependence. When it comes to work prospects, there are vacancies in both the public and private sectors.
Salary for Social Science Courses | Social Science Jobs
|Social Science Job Types||Average Salary per Annum|
|Social Workers||INR 2,50,000|
|Instructional Designer||INR 4,30,000|
FAQ’s on Social Science Courses
1. What are the five major social science subjects?
The main social sciences are cultural (or social) anthropology, sociology, psychology, political science, and economics.
2. What are the requirements for an MA in Sociology?
The candidate must have completed a BA in Sociology/BA (Hons) Sociology or a BA in a related discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 55 percent aggregate.
3. Is it possible to find a job after completing a BA in History?
Students can seek jobs, however, it is recommended that they continue their studies because history is mostly a theoretical subject. Higher education allows somebody to find the degree they want to specialize in and consequently achieve as a profession.
4. What steps do I need to take to become a social scientist?
A master’s degree or higher in a social science discipline such as geography, economics, history, political science, or anthropology is required for a job as a social scientist. Their professional tasks have included the study of human behaviour and culture, and they are sometimes referred to as anthropologists.
5. What are the major components of social studies?
There are four major parts of social studies. They are History, Geography, Political science is a field of study (Civics), and Economics.
We hope that this article has answered all of your questions about the Social Science Courses. You can reach us through the comment section to clarify your doubts. Also, visit our website NcertBooks.guru for more details about other courses.