The scheme of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Housing for all urban people by 2022 was introduced by our Prime Minister, Sri Narendra Modi Ji on 1st June 2015. PMAY Scheme is an initiative granted by the government of India.
The main objective of the PM Housing Scheme 2019 is to provide affordable housing for all urban poor people & rural poor. This government mission is started to offer housing for all by the year 2022 because the Nation completes 75 years of its independence by that time.
Under this Prime Minister Awas Yojana Scheme 2019-20, inexpensive houses will be constructed in selected towns and cities with the help of eco-friendly construction approaches for the benefits of the urban poor people in India. However, beneficiaries under the PMAY Scheme List 2019 are eligible for interest subsidy in case they benefit a loan construct or purchase a house under Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS).
Read More: How to Apply for PMAY Offline?
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) Scheme – Overview
Here is the smart way to reach every section of the article to get detailed information about the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme (PMAY) – housing for all by 2020. So, click on the below links and read every single detail of PMAY Scheme 2019-20.
- Beneficiaries Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna 2019
- Main Objective of PM Awas Yojna Scheme 2019
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Subsidy Offers and Benefits
- Eligibility Criteria of Prime Minister Housing Scheme (PMAY-U)
- How to Apply for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online?
- PMAY Scheme 2019 Phases
- EMI Calculator of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Housing for All by 2020
- Customer Care Helpline Numbers of PMAY Scheme 2019-20
- FAQs on Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
- A beneficiary family will include husband, wife, unmarried daughters or unmarried sons.
- The beneficiary family shouldn’t have a pucca house in India either in her/his name or with the name of any member in their family.
Identification and Selection of Beneficiaries under PM Housing Scheme | PMAY (Urban)
- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (Urban) Scheme 2019 offers especially to the housing requirements of the urban poor families in Indian society.
- PMAY (U) scheme 2019 also serves to the slum dwellers living in confined areas of slums with insufficient infrastructure, drinking facilities, and poor sanitation.
- PMAY(U) 2019 beneficiaries mainly involve Middle Income Groups (MIGs), Low-income Groups (LIGs) and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS).
- The Annual income for MIG and LIG beneficiaries can range from Rs.3-6 lakh to Rs.6-18 lakh respectively whereas the annual income for EWS beneficiaries is covered at Rs. 3 lakh.
- EWS category beneficiaries are eligible for complete assistance under PMAY 2019 scheme. While the beneficiaries of MIG and LIG categories are eligible for the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) under Prime Minister Awas Yojana Scheme (PMAY).
- The applicant should submit an affidavit as income proof to the authority to recognize as a LIG and MIG beneficiary under PMAY(U) scheme.
- The main goal of the PM Awas Yojna Scheme is to construct affordable housing for all urban and rural people by the year 2022.
- It also aims to make it available to demographics that are unique like economically challenged groups, women along with people referring to minorities like Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes.
- The Government’s other important objective is directly associating with the most ignored people which involves LIG members, Widows, transgender and from now onwards provide them affordable & suitable PM housing scheme 2020.
- If required, the government is aiming to provide special preferences to differently-abled and senior citizens of ground floor properties.
- It is mandatory to register for beneficiary names like mother or wives to avail PM Awas Yojana – housing for all by 2020 scheme benefits.
Also Refer: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List 2020
|Annual Household income||Up to 3 lakh||3 to 6 lakh||6 to 12 lakh||12 to 18 lakh|
|Subsidy Rate of Interest||6.50% p.a.||6.50% p.a.||4.00% p.a.||3.00% p.a.|
|Maximum Tenure of Home Loan||20 years||20 years||20 years||20 years|
|Maximum Eligible Home Loan Amount to Qualify for Subsidy||Rs.6 lakh||Rs.6 lakh||Rs.9 lakh||Rs.12 lakh|
|Maximum Dwelling Unit Carpet Area||30 sq. m||60 sq. m||160 sq. m||200 sq. m|
|Maximum Interest Subsidy Amount||Rs.2.67 lakh||Rs.2.67 lakh||Rs.2.35 lakh||Rs.2.30 lakh|
|Discount Rate for NPV Calculation of Interest Subsidy||9.00%||9.00%||9.00%||9.00%|
Beneficiaries can avail of this PMAY scheme 2019-20 benefits by satisfying the following few eligibility criteria.
- He/she who already own a house are not eligible to apply for PMAY-CLSS.
- Also, No pucca house must be owned by the beneficiary or their family member in India.
- Scheduled Castes and Tribes are also eligible to avail the PM Awas Yojana 2019 scheme advantages.
- Differently abled and Senior Citizens are allowed for ground floor housing along with special priorities.
Find More: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna(PMAY) Eligibility
Beneficiaries are advised to check the PMAY Scheme Eligibility Criteria before following the below steps on how to apply for PM Awas Yojana 2019-20.
- Go to the PM Awas Yojana official website @ pmaymis.gov.in
- On the home page, click on the “Citizen Assessment” option under the Menu section.
- Give your 12-digit Aadhaar card number.
- After entering your Aadhaar number, you will be redirected to the PMAY Online Application page.
- Fill your details in the application form like personal, income, current residential address, and bank account.
- Check all the entered information carefully before going to the next steps.
- Tap on “I am aware of” option at the end of the page and press the Save button.
- After clicking the save option, you will observe a system generated application number, save it for future reference.
- Download and print the duly filled online application form of PM Housing Scheme 2019.
- Submit the PMAY scheme application online/offline along with the necessary documents.
The scheme of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2019-20 will be accomplished in three phases. Look at the below table for more details:
|Stage||Phase 1||Phase 2||Phase 3|
|Cities covered||100||200||Remaining cities|
The aim of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojan (PMAY) 2019-20 Scheme is simply affording a process of the house for all urban poor and weaker sections of society via EMIs at reasonable interest rates. The rate of interest for PMAY Scheme 2019 is somewhat lesser than commercial rates, consequently providing subsidized loans for people.
Steps to Calculate EMI of PMAY HFA(U) Scheme
Follow the below-given steps carefully and calculate the EMI of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2019 – Housing for all (Urban) Scheme.
- Firstly, log on to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) website i.e., http://pmaymis.gov.in/EMI_Calculator.aspx and fill in the following details:
- The total loan amount (in Rs)
- The rate of interest
- The total loan period (in Months)
- After fill in the above-mentioned details, tap on the ‘Calculate’ option. This provides you the monthly installment or EMI payable in Rupees.
If you have any doubts regarding PMAY Online Application process, rate of interest for Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme and other Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme 2019-20 information, applicants can directly contact to the toll-free helpline numbers:
- 1800-11-6446 (Gramin)
- 1800-11-3388 (Urban, NHB)
- 1800-11-6163 (Urban, HUDCO)
- 1800-11-3377 (Urban, NHB)
Customers who are facing issues related to the application process can get in touch with the above-provided toll-free numbers as per the locations.
How Does PM Awas Yojana Scheme Work via Borrower’s Bank?
The bank from where the people took the loan will claim the subsidy benefit for the eligible applicants from the National Housing Bank (NHB). After that, NHB will check to investigate whether anyone is processing multiple applications under the PMAY scheme. Once it has confirmed, the subsidy amount or CLSS will be provided by the borrower’s bank. After you receive the amount, the money would be credited straight to the loan account.
Refer to the below steps and get an interest rate subsidy under Pradhan Mantri Housing Scheme 2019.
- First of all, apply for the home loan from any best lending institutions requesting subsidy.
- The lending institution will verify your application and if you are eligible, then your application form will be sent to the Central Nodal Agency.
- Under verification, if your application gets approved with no discrepancies, the Central Nodal Agency will distribute the subsidy amount to the lending institution.
- After that, the lending institution will credit the subsidy amount to your account which will reduce your total loan amount.
- You can proceed to pay the EMIs over the balance loan amount.
Can a Woman apply for this PMAY 2019 Scheme?
Yes, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme mainly prioritizes the women who are running a family within the LIGs. However, if your husband, father or any other member of the family that you reside has applied, then your application will get rejected.
What do you mean by Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) – Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS)?
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (PMAY-CLSS) is a scheme commenced by our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi for people belonging to Economically Weaker Section (EWS), Low Income Group (LIG), and Middle Income Group (MIG-I & MIG-II).
The urban & rural beneficiary customers would be eligible for interest subsidy on construction or extension or improvement or purchase of a house.
What is meant by Central Nodal Agency under PMAY(U) Scheme?
Basically, these are nodal agencies that are identified as bodies by government or ministry to implement Credit Linked Subsidy.