Postman Essay: The Postman is the carrier of good and bad news. Letters sent by friends, relatives, wives to their husbands, parents to their children in far off towns are brought and delivered at our doors by the postman. Invitations for marriages, greetings on birthdays, or anniversaries are sent by post and it is the postman who brings them to you. He also, sometimes, brings the bad news the serious illness of a near and dear one, even the news of death.
- Long Essay on Postman 500 Words in English
- Short Essay on Postman 200 Words in English
- 10 Lines on Postman
- Is it hard to get a postman job?
- What is the role of a Postman?
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a postmaster?
- What skills do you need to be a postman?
Long and Short Essays on Postman for Kids and Students in English
Given below are two essays in English for students and children about the topic of ‘Postman’ in both long and short form. The first essay is a long essay on the Postman of 400-500 words. This long essay about Postman is suitable for students of class 7, 8, 9 and 10, and also for competitive exam aspirants. The second essay is a short essay on the Postman of 150-200 words. These are suitable for students and children in class 6 and below.
Below we have given a long essay on Postman of 500 words that is helpful for classes 7, 8, 9, and 10 and Competitive Exam Aspirants. This long essay on the topic is suitable for students of class 7 to class 10, and also for competitive exam aspirants.
A soldier posted on the heights of the Himalayas, on the snowy borders of our country has 110 other way to keep contact with his people in the far off towns or villages except through letters sent or received and the postman is the medium to bring these letters. How eagerly are these letters awaited on both ends?
Letters have not only the communicative value but they have sentimental value too. This value cannot be replaced by any other means of communication. A handwritten letter is a treasure for all times and a sweet remembrance of the writer who has long been dead and gone. Just open up the cupboard and draw out the packet of old letters, if they have been preserved and a rush of memories floats along before the mind’s eye. Who did bring them? the postman of course.
These days the importance of handwritten letters is getting reduced and so is the importance of the postman. The new means of communication the E-mails; the faxes; the internet chatting all these are replacing the handwritten letters. People take the excuse of being too busy ‘machines’ have taken over the ‘man’ in human relationships. A minutes ‘Hello’ ‘Hello’ on the telephone fulfills all the obligations of inter-communication.
Who would now undertake any research on the letters written by Jawaharlal Nehru to his daughter Indira Gandhi? Who would get the pleasure of probing into the sentiments of Keats the great English poet contained in his letters to his beloved and friends or Lord Chesterton sending his advice to his son. Those were handwritten letters having a historical, sentimental, and personal value. And all these letters must have been delivered by the postman. A village postman is still very important in our country.
Below we have given a short essay on Postman is for Classes 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. This short essay on the topic is suitable for students of class 6 and below.
He does not only carry letters but he even pens down the replies of the illiterate parents or a comely unlettered lass to her husband. The postman has to inscribe in words the message of blessings of love. He plays a great role without him, the surging feelings of the heart would have remained uncommunicated.
Lesser in demand, though, but the role of the postman has ever been and shall ever remain a real role in communicating the heart to the heart; the mind to the mind. Business would come to a standstill if documents and commitments are not sent and received. Who else to carry the written and signed word of course and indeed the Postman.
Students can find more English Essay Writing Topics, Ideas, Easy Tips to Write Essay Writing, and many more.
- The Postman has ever been the carrier of the good and the bad news.
- It is the postman who is the only means of communication between the soldier on the country’s snowy borders and his parents or his wife in the far off town or village.
- Handwritten letters have not only a communicative value but a sentimental, even a historical value, and these have been delivered only through the medium of the postman.
- The importance of handwritten letters and consequently of the postman has been reduced.
- There have developed other mechanical means of communication.
- A village postman is still very important as he carries letters as also pens down replies from illiterate parents or wives.
- Lesser in demand, though, but the role of the postman has ever been and shall ever remain a real role in communicating the heart to the heart.
- Without him, surging feelings of the heart would have remained uncommunicated.
- The postman shall remain important as he carries and delivers business documents and deeds from one end to another.
- Without him, all business would come to a standstill.
FAQs on Postman Essay
Becoming a mail carrier is not an easy process, as it is a highly competitive job. Take each step seriously and practice hard for the test and interview to ensure success.
Postman deliver mails and parcel posts to residences and businesses. They perform mail delivery and collect signatures from the recipients. They perform other duties in connection with mail services from post offices or related organizations.
The specific duties include operations, administration, management, and support tasks. Postmasters train postal employees, handle customer transactions like selling postage or money orders or collecting post office box rent, supervise mail processing, and explain post office regulations to customers.
You will need the following skills to be a postman.
- Time-keeping skills and the ability to keep to a delivery schedule.
- Reading, writing, skills.
- Communication skills.
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team.