Ph.D. Admissions: Ph.D. is a Post Graduate Degree that is offered to students who finish their original thesis offering a significant new contribution to the subject. Over, the past few years candidates applying for Ph.D. has increased over a fast pace. The Course requires a great level of commitment and an eye for detail. It is the highest level of academic degree a person can achieve.
Let’s help you find information related to Ph.D. Admission Process, Eligibility Criteria, Entrance Exams Colleges Offering Ph.D. Course. Refer to the further modules and find info about How to apply for Ph.D. Course, various disciplines prevailing.
- Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Entrance Exams In India
- How to apply for Ph.D. Course?
- Ph.D. Admission Process 2020
- Structure of Ph.D.
- List of Colleges offering Ph.D. Admissions
- Disciplines for Ph.D. Admissions
- Career & Job Prospects after Ph.D.
- Is Ph.D difficult?
- Does a Ph.D. Guarantee a Job?
- How can I get Ph.D. in India?
Why you should have a Ph.D.
Ph.D. is considered one of the most valued degrees not just in India but also in abroad. It can be a good qualification and opens up a plethora of opportunities in your career graph. Numerous Colleges or Universities offer Ph.D. Courses and however, the question still remains unanswered. We will help you clear your ambiguities by listing the benefits of a Ph.D. Course below.
- It gives you a wide range of employment opportunities. One of the most sought after jobs is a lecturer or professor in Universities or a researcher. Apart from this, you can even join educational institutes, publishing houses, law firms, consultancy, etc.
- Insight into the theoretical aspect of the course as well as practical exposure.
- Indepth knowledge and mastery over a particular subject chosen for specialization.
Aspirants who intend to Study Ph.D. within India must meet the following eligibility conditions. Go through the detailed eligibility criteria before itself.
- Master Degree holders are eligible for Admission into Doctoral Programme. For some subjects having a Masters in Philosophy is needed for Ph.D. However, in certain universities, a specific percentage is needed by the Candidates to be eligible for Ph.D.
- For admission into reputed universities, candidates have to clear the All India Examination i.e. National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET)held by NTA. Final Year Students in the Qualifying Exam are also eligible to apply. However, they need to produce attested copies of their degree qualifying certificates.
- You will be given Admission on the basis of an Interview. At times, the Interview may even be supplemented with a Written exam if required.
- To Pursue a Ph.D. in the Engineering and Technology you need to get a valid GATE Score. Furthermore, you need to complete your Master’s Degree i.e. M.Tech/ M.E in any branch in order to Pursue Ph.D. Course.
- There are plenty of Entrance Exams that one can take to be eligible for a Ph.D. Course.
Entrance Exams held may differ from university to university. We tried mentioning the Top Entrance Exams in India that the candidates can take in order to pursue their Ph.D. in certain colleges or universities. They are as such
|Symbiosis Ph.D. Entrance Exam
|BITS Pilani Ph.D. Entrance Examination
|UGC NET Exam
|AIIMS Ph..D Entrance Exam
|AIMA Ph.D. Entrance Exam
|Osmania University Ph.D. Entrance Exam
|NIPER Ph.D. Entrance Exam
|IISC Ph.D. Entrance Exam
|JNU Ph.D. Entrance Exam
|GITAM University Vishakhapatnam Ph.D. Admissions Test
|Kurukshetra University Ph.D. Entrance Exam
|Ph.D. Entrance Exam of NMIMS University Mumbai
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Delhi Ph.D. Admission Test
|Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi – Ph.D. Admission Test
|Jamia Hamdard New Delhi Ph.D. Admission Test
|CSIR-UGC NET Exam
|NDRI Ph.D. Entrance Exam
|BARC Ph.D. Admission Test
|Indian Veterinary Research Institute Bareilly Ph.D. Admission Test
|ISM Dhanbad Ph.D. Admission Test
|Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University Lucknow-Ph.D Admissions Test
|University of Hyderabad Ph.D. Entrance Exam
|TIFR Graduate School Admission Entrance Test
|NIMHANS PG/PG Diploma/Superspeciality Ph.D. online entrance test
|DBT JRF Biotech Entrance Test
|GTU Ph.D. Entrance Exam
There are several universities that offer varied courses in research. Some universities shortlist aspirants as pet their scores in Entrance Examinations, Interviews, and research proposals.
- Application Process is available both in Online and Offline Mode for Ph.D.
- In Order to apply for a university, candidates have to procure or download the application for their respective courses and write to the university or by downloading the same from the official website of university.
- For a few universities, you need to send the application forms to their official address on or before the last date, along with required documents.
Also, Check: WCSC Admission
With the growing requirement for higher specialization and increasing career prospects, the need for a Ph.D. has increased in recent times. Applicants who wish to pursue Ph.D. have to look into the following considerations for the Admission Process.
- Various Colleges/ Universities provide admission to the candidates both in Full Time/ Part Time for various disciplines. Some of the disciplines include engineering, management, arts, commerce, humanities, science, finance, medicine, law, and IT.
- To get a Ph.D. Admission Masters Degree is needed and offer seats to only those who meet the minimum aggregate.
- For some colleges doing Masters in Philosophy (M.Phil) is a pre-requisite to begin Ph.D. Course.
- At university level Admission into the Ph.D. Course is provided through Entrance Exams.
Ph.D. is for those students who are done with their undergraduate and postgraduate training. As far as the overall course is concerned Ph.D. is a blend of both course work and research work. Requirements to earn a Ph.D. Degree differ based on the institute, country, time period, and from entry-level research to high-level doctorates.
The Course Programme involves coursework, pedagogy, qualifying exam, preparation of research proposal, and thesis work. At each stage performance of the student is calculated throughout all the semesters.
Usually, Universities or Colleges conduct their own entrance exams to provide admission for Ph.D. Candidates. However, some of the colleges even consider the Scores of GATE/ NET. To make it easy for you we have compiled a list of colleges that offer Ph.D. Courses in the Country. Have a glance at them and join the college of your choice.
|AIIMS, New Delhi
|PEC University of Technology
|Institute of Microbial Technology
|Amity School of Engineering and Technology
|SRM University, Sonipat
|Jawaharlal Nehru University
|Jamia Hamdard University
|Jamia Millia Islamia
|Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology
Below is the table that highlights the various disciplines for candidates to Pursue their Ph.D. Course in
|Total Quality Management
|Labour and Social Welfare
|Intellectual Property Rights
In today’s world, there are immense opportunities for candidates who have done their Ph.D. It’s not the same as Olden days in which jobs are only confined to Academics. You can keep track of your skillset and identify the potential and apply for jobs that suit you the most. Check out a few of the Job Profiles that you can opt for after completing your Ph.D. Course
- Senior Research Scientist
- Editor & Critic
- Author & Writer
- Lecturer & Professor
- Industrial R&D Lab professionals
- Philosophical Journalist
- Human Services Worker
- Independent Consultant
Must See: NFSC Nagpur Admission
Frequently Asked Questions
Contrary to popular belief, Ph.D. is not intellectually difficult but requires discipline and stamina.
Ph.D. will give you Jobs in the Industry more when compared to non- Ph.D. Candidates.
We wish you got adequate information related to Ph.D. Admission to clear your queries. If you have any other queries let us know via comment section so that our team can reach you at the earliest. Bookmark our site for more information related to Exams like Application Forms, Study Materials, Books, Syllabus, etc.