Part-Time Courses at IIMs for Working Professionals: You always search for something that will earn you more for your knowledge. Having a secured career is everyone’s dream. However, only a few people understand that studying and gaining knowledge is endless. Then comes part-time courses offered by IIMs for working professionals. It gives a well-needed push to your career if you go for part-time studies. Lets’ explore complete details for Fees, Duration, eligibility, admission, salary, and job profile.
- Types of Part-Time Courses at IIMs for Working Professionals
- Basic Skillset Required for Part-Time Courses
- Part-Time Courses Duration
- Part-Time Courses at IIMs Eligibility Criteria
- Part-Time Courses at IIMs Admission Process
- Part-Time Courses Syllabus
- List of Colleges Offering Part-Time Jobs
- Part-Time Courses at IIMs for Working Professionals Fee Structure
- Job Profiles and Career Prospects for Part-Time Courses
- Salary Offerings Under Part-Time Courses
- Do Part-Time Courses have value to a full-time MBA course?
- Can I do MBA while working?
- Is the Executive MBA a good career?
About Part-Time Courses at IIMs for Working Professionals
Not everyone is interested in pursuing an MBA course, but people get the best benefits through this course from a career point of view. The job after MBA course will be of management, and only a few can go for it. Below are the people who choose for part-time courses at IIM.
- People who are working and want to study
- People who want to pursue a well-paid job
- People who want to have an incremented job
- People who want complimenting experiential management skills with theoretical learning
- People who have a technical background and want to have a managerial position
- People who want a degree from IIM
For individual part-time courses along with jobs hold the best benefits for a secured future.
Out of a total of 20 IIMs in India, 10 offer part-time management courses for students to learn and grow. Without a doubt, there could be 100s of total part-time courses as offered by IIMs. Thousands of students take part in the part-time courses offered by IIMs every year. Different IIMs offer different part-time courses. Some of the courses offered at IIMs on a part-time basis are listed below.
- Post-Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management ( PGPEM)
- ePost Graduate Programme in Management
- Executive Programme in Global Business Management
- Senior Management Programme
- Executive Programme in General Management
- Executive Programme in Business Management
- General Management Programme for Executives
- Certificate Programme in Business Analytics for Executives (CPBAE)
- MBA for Working Executives
- Executive Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Strategic Management
- Executive PG Diploma Programme in Management
- MBA for Working Executives
- Post-Graduate Programme in Business Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management for Executives in Mumbai
- Post Graduate Programme in Management for Working Executives
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Streamwise, and Category wise
As part-time courses offered by IIMs all-over India relate to management, a person must be good at it. He must have some prior knowledge so that it becomes easy for him to pursue part-time courses. Basic skill-set required to pursue Part-Time courses in IIMs include:
- Problem Solving and other analytical skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic thinking
- Global Orientation
- Adaptability to change
These are the basic skills that you will master in the part-time courses by IIMs. You must be very precise with every detail you will study in the course for a better understanding.
Different Part-time courses offered by IIMs in India have different course duration. However, the average duration lies somewhere between one to two years. Below are the courses listed with their duration by IIMs.
|2 Years Courses||One Year Courses|
|Post Graduate Programme in Management for Working Executives||Executive PG Diploma Programme in Management|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management for Executives in Mumbai||Executive Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Strategic Management|
|MBA for Working Executives||Certificate Programme in Business Analytics for Executives (CPBAE)|
|Post-Graduate Programme in Business Management||General Management Programme for Executives|
|MBA for Working Executives||LEAD|
|Post-Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management ( PGPEM)||Executive Programme in Global Business Management|
|ePost Graduate Programme in Management||Executive Programme in Business Management|
|Executive Programme in General Management|
|Senior Management Programme|
In the part-time courses at IIMs for Working Professionals, the eligibility is based on the work experience you have. Below is the mentioned eligibility for the part courses with work experience.
|Course Name||Work Experience|
|Post Graduate Programme in Management for Working Executives||No work experience required|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management for Executives in Mumbai||Five years|
|MBA for Working Executives||Three years|
|Post-Graduate Programme in Business Management||Three years|
|Post-Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management ( PGPEM)||Four years|
|ePost Graduate Programme in Management||Three years|
|Executive PG Diploma Programme in Management||Five years|
|Executive Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Strategic Management||Three years|
|Certificate Programme in Business Analytics for Executives (CPBAE)||Three years|
|General Management Programme for Executives||Three years|
|Executive Programme in Global Business Management||Two years|
|Executive Programme in Business Management||Five years|
|Executive Programme in General Management||1-5 years|
|Senior Management Programme||Ten years|
If you want to take admission into IIM for the part-time courses, you need to clear the CAT entrance examination held every year. Also, there is one more examination conducted at the national level that it CMAT. After that, there will be selected through the Interview process. To fill the application for CAT, apply online and then reach centres to wait for the examination.
For different courses, there is a different syllabus covered. However, here is the generic syllabus listed below that students study under the part-time course at IIMs for working professionals.
- Managerial Decision Making
- Building and Deeping Decision Making
- Business Planning
- Principles in Management
- Communication Skills
- Business Communication
- HR Management
- Project Work
- Business Environment
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Marketing Research
- Financial management
- Short Term Courses With High Salary in India
- Best Courses other than Engineering and Medicine
- Best Online Courses
There are several IIMs in India offering the part-time course to the working professionals. Some of the popular IIMs offering part-time course are listed below:
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Indore
- IIM Tiruchirappalli
- IIM Kashipur
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Kozhikode
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Bangalore
Fees Structure for the part-time courses is different for different courses. The below table presents the fees for various part-time courses in IIMs for working professionals
|Course Name||Fees Charged|
|Post Graduate Programme in Management for Working Executives||Rs. 8,00,000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management for Executives in Mumbai||Rs. 15,00,000|
|MBA for Working Executives||Rs. 8,50,000|
|Post-Graduate Programme in Business Management||Rs. 11,80,000|
|Post-Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management ( PGPEM)||Rs. 18,50,000|
|ePost Graduate Programme in Management||Rs. 20,00,000|
|Executive PG Diploma Programme in Management||Rs. 6,50, 475|
|Executive Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Strategic Management||Rs. 2,50,000|
|Certificate Programme in Business Analytics for Executives (CPBAE)||Rs. 4,50,000|
|General Management Programme for Executives||Rs, 4,00,000|
|Executive Programme in Global Business Management||Rs. 4,03,000|
|Executive Programme in Business Management||4,91,000|
|Executive Programme in General Management||2,79,000|
|Senior Management Programme||5,79,000|
Learning through part-time courses could be the latest trend, but it has proved to be the best way in the career aspect. People usually choose this course for different reasons. One main reason why people prefer this course is the rising scope with every coming year. The scope is elaborated in the below section:
- IIMs offer the best career prospects for Part-time courses. These courses have been approved under UGC/AICTE.
- There is a wide trend if placement after you do part-time courses. Thus you have opportunities wide options available with you for a secured future.
- For working professionals, they enjoy good growth after they have completed part-time courses.
- For entrepreneurs, they have a good path in career after completing part-time courses.
- Candidates will experience a high-growth in the organisation where they work.
- Many recruiters want students to have covered some part-time courses before joining their company.
- Working professionals easily switch to entrepreneurship with the successful completion of part-time courses.
- There is an excellent placement scope after learning part-time courses by IIMs.
Pursuing Part-time courses can help you get high paid jobs in the future. Companies recruit working professionals with high packages after they have good working experience and knowledge in the management field. You will earn a minimum package of 20 lakhs in a year. The highest-paid packages have no limit.
FAQ’s on Part-Time Courses at IIMs for Working Professionals
Both full-time and part-time MBA courses have their advantages and disadvantages. It part-time MBA you will earn income with study and hence a secured high payable job in the future—the duration in long for that.
You need to keep track of your responsibilities in the part-time courses and for your job too. You need to give the desired time to the learning course, and so you can do an MBA part-time while working.
If you are planning for EMBA programs, then those are quite expensive than the regular ones. However, these programs will ensure you a good and high-payable job. It is a kind of investment to bring significant income to you.