MCQ Questions on Reproductive Health
1. Which Artificial Reproductive Technique can help a lady conceive a child if both her fallopian tubes are blocked?
Answer: (b) IVF
2. Which of the following is not a copper releasing IUD?
(a) LNG 20
(c) Lippes Loop
(d) a and c
Answer: (d) a and c
3. Which of the following is not the characteristic of an ideal contraceptive?
(b) Easily available
(c) User friendly
(d) Effective with least side effects
Answer: (a) Irreversible
4. What is the expansion for MTP?
(a) Medical Termination of Parturition
(b) Mechanical Transfer of Pollen
(c) Medical Termination of Pregnancy
(d) Maternally Transmitted Pathogens
Answer: (c) Medical Termination of Pregnancy
5. Amniocentesis is a process used to
(a) Growing cells on culture media
(b) Know about brain disease
(c) Determine mutations
(d) Determine a disease of the embryo
Answer: (d) Determine a disease of the embryo
6. The function of Copper-T is
(a) Stop gastrulation
(b) Stop cleavage
(c) Check mutation
(d) Stop fertilization
Answer: (d) Stop fertilization
7. What is the shape of the growth curve?
(a) S shaped
(b) V shaped
(c) C shaped
(d) J shaped
Answer: (a) S shaped
8. Which part of the female reproductive system remains blocked after tubectomy?
(a) Fallopian tube
(d) Uterine cavity
Answer: (a) Fallopian tube
9. A widely accepted method of contraception in India is
(d) Cervical caps
Answer: (a) IUDs
10. By which name is family planning currently known as?
(a) Reproductive and child care
(b) Family and child care
(c) Reproductive and child health
(d) Reproductive and child health care
Answer: (d) Reproductive and child health care
11. What problems in reproductive health care require doctor’s help?
(b) Conception, parturition and abortion
(c) Contraception, infertility, menstruation problem
Answer: (d) All
12. In IVF technique zygote or early embryo is transferred into
(a) Cervical canal
(c) Fallopian tube
Answer: (c) Fallopian tube
13. The programs to get total reproductive health as a social goal of national level are called
(a) Family organisation
(b) Family planning
(c) Family care
(d) Reproductive care
Answer: (b) Family planning
14. Test tube baby implies which of the following techniques?
Answer: (d) ZIFT
15. Which technique is used to detect AIDS?
(a) Northern blot and ELISA
(b) Immunoblot and ELISA
(c) Western blot and ELISA
(d) Southern blot and ELISA
Answer: (c) Western blot and ELISA