Masters in Architecture Courses: After completion of your bachelor’s degree in architectural engineering, if you are interested in higher studies you can go for an option master’s degree in architecture. Let us look into different types of courses, eligibility, fees, duration everything we have in master’s in architecture [M. Arch]. M.Arch is a 2-year diploma course. So, if you are one who is interested in a master’s degree in architecture courses, look into the complete article for clear details.
Still, if you want to check course details for any other stream of engineering.
- Masters in Architecture Courses Highlights
- Eligibility Criteria of Masters in Architecture Courses in India
- M. Architecture Entrance Exams
- M.Tech Architecture Courses Duration & Fees
- Syllabus for M. Arch Courses
- Specializations in M. Architecture Course
- Best Universities for Masters in Architecture
- Career Options for Master’s in Architecture(M.Arch)
- Skills Required For M.Architecture
- Salary & Roles Offers after Completing M.Architecture
- What is the duration of M.Architecture?
- What is the minimum score to get admission in M.Arch?
- What is a master’s in Architecture?
|M Arch Full Form
|Master of Architecture
|B Arch with a minimum of 50% marks
|Average Course Fees
|INR 1 – 2 Lakh
|GATE, CEED, MAH MArch CET
|Type of Examination
|Top Career Opportunities
|Project manager, Landscape/design conservator, Project Architect, Design Architect
|Architecture development organizations, Housing, and urban development organizations, Public works departments, or PWD.
|INR 2 – 10 Lakh
Eligibility Criteria of Masters in Architecture Courses in India
For students who are looking to study for master’s in architecture courses, we have some eligibility criteria. Look into them below.
- Candidates need to complete their B.Tech Architecture from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% of marks.
- And to get into this course you need to attend the entrance examination with qualifying marks.
- Some institutes require an aptitude test and an interview for M. Arch.
Here we are going to provide an entrance exams list. Some of them are:
- Karnataka PGCET
- TS PGECET
The duration of this M.Tech architecture course is 2 years. In every college, the duration of the course is the same. Fees for the course change from college to college and university to university.
- IIT Fee: INR 50,000
- NITS Fee: INR 2,00,000
- Private Colleges: INR 15,000 to INR 1,50,000.
|Traditional and contemporary landscape
|Web design and portfolio production
|Urban design studio
|Advanced architectural design studio I
|Sustainable and green building design
|Performance evaluation of buildings
|Urban conservation and practice
|Urban landscape design
|Contemporary architecture: theories and trends
|Services in high rise buildings
|Landscape ecology and planning
|Contemporary architecture II
|Sustainability and energy conservation in landscape architecture
|GIS modeling in urban planning
|Research methodologies in architecture
|Architecture and critical theory
|Building management and control systems
|Advanced architectural design studio II
|Appropriate technologies and sustainable construction
|Emerging practices in housing
- Futuristic Architecture
- Low-Cost Building Design And Techniques
- Advanced Landscape Design
- Building Bye-Laws And Professional Practice
- Project Management
Some of the popular specializations in master in architecture courses are shown below.
- Landscape Architecture
- Sustainable Architecture
- Town and Country Planning
- Rural Architecture
- Industrial design
- Building engineering and management
- Architectural conservation
- Transport planning
- Environmental planning
- Architecture and digital design
List of colleges that are given below for master in architecture courses.
- School of Planning & Architecture
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- College of Engineering Trivandrum
- School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
- NIT Calicut
- IIT Roorkee
- Lovely Professional University
- Birla Institute of Technology
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering
Following is the list of career options for a master’s in architecture candidate.
- Assistant Professor
- Urban Planner
- Senior Project Architect
- Landscape Architect
- Design Architect
- Project Architect
If you are studying M.Arch or if you are going to study M.Arch you need to have some certain skills are given below.
- Reasoning Ability
- Analytical Skills
- Ability to be initiative
- Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Construction Knowledge
After completing of master’s in architecture, we have many opportunities in this sector. In this sector, we have a position of design and project architect is the trending one. And after completion of this course, you can also start your own organization and you can earn the best income annually. Now we will look into the roles and salary are given below.
- Project architect – 2,50,000 – 9,50,000
- Design architect – 3,00,000 – 10,00,000
- Project architect – 2,50,000 – 9,50,000
- Landscape/design Conservator – 2,00,000 – 9,00,000
- Professor – 2,60,000 – 8,00,000
Frequently Asked Questions for Masters in Architecture
The duration of this master’s in architecture is 2 years.
To get admission into the M.Architecture you should get 50% of the minimum marks.
Master’s in architecture course specializes in planning, residential infrastructure, and designing commercial.
Hope that the complete information about Masters in Architecture courses is very useful for you. And in these courses, we have lots of opportunities in the future. Still, if you are having any doubts you can signup and comment to us in the comment section. We try to answer your doubts as early as possible. To avail of all the latest updates about other courses, stay tuned.