Goa Board (GBSHSE) Details: Parents and students can get complete information about the Goa board from this page. So stay continue with the below sections and read all about GBSHSE. One of the most literate states in India is Goa. Goa education system is going smoothly and in sync with the National Policy on Education, 1986 as modified in 1992, to upgrade the quality of education at all levels.
Education & Examinations in Goa is conducted by the Directorate of Education which administers with the organization, development, & regulation of school education in the state under the provisions of the Goa, Daman & Diu School Education Act, 1984, and rules made thereunder. So, check out the rules and roles of the Goa Board from here.
- About Goa Board
- Roles and Responsibilities of GBSHSE
- Goa Board Syllabus
- GBSHSE SSC & HSSLC Exams & Results Details
- Goa Board Exam Prep Resources – Question Papers
- GBSHSE Textbooks for Class 1 to Class 12
- FAQs on GBSHSE Board Details
The acronym of Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education is GBSHSE, which is the main state board of education in the Indian state of Goa, responsible for secondary and higher secondary education management in its affiliated schools. Goa Board was established on 27 May 1975 under “The Goa, Daman and Diu Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board Act, 1975”. The highlights of the GBSHSE board is tabulated below:
Goa Board Overview:
|Goa Board of Education Name
|Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
|Alto- Betim Porvorim, Bardez, Goa
|May 27, 1975
|Conducting SSC (Class 10) and HSSLC (Class 12) Exams
The Major Functions executed by the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education include:
- Grant and withdraw recognition to the Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools
- Prescribe and prepare text-books for all standards of secondary and higher secondary education
- Prescribe conditions for the admission of regular and private candidates to the final examinations
- Declare the results of the candidates at the final examinations conducted by it
- Provide guiding principles regarding curricula and syllabi for the entire secondary and higher secondary courses and to prepare the detailed syllabi for all standards of secondary and higher secondary education.
- Guide the Government in standard requirements in respect of staff, buildings, furniture, equipment, stationery, and other amenities required for secondary and higher secondary schools.
One of the major roles of the board is to prescribe the new academic year curriculum and syllabus for all classes and schools which come under the Goa Board. All classes GBSHSE Syllabus is prepared by subject experts systematically to give quality education to the students of affiliated schools. By referring to the GBSHSE Board Syllabus, students will get familiar with the basic topics of the subject which helps during their exam preparation.
Goa Board is primarily responsible for administering the exams of SSC and HSSLC every year in the month of February or March. Candidates who appeared for the exams are in huge count across the state and the pass percentage was considered excellent till now. Generally, GBSHSE declared the results of class 10 and class 12 for the appeared students in the month of May. Students can check the Goa Board Exam Results through the official website.
See More Related Articles:
Well, we all know that preparation with the best study materials completes our learning process within time. So, one of the best resources is here in front of you ie., Goa Board Question Papers like sample papers, model papers, mock test papers, and previous year’s question papers.
By solving the previous papers and model papers you will get familiar with the exam pattern, marking scheme, types of questions, and repeated questions from the important topics. Also, students can improve their knowledge & time management skills by practicing with the GBSHSE model and previous year question papers.
Also, the most important function of the Goa Board is preparing, printing, and publishing the books to all affiliated schools in the state of Goa. The Board designed textbooks are only followed by the schools under GBSHSE. So, students are advised to download and access the compiled GBSHSE Textbooks for your preparation and score well in the exams.
By studying the Goa Board Books, students can understand all the topics easily in a better way. Check out the prescribed Goa Board textbooks for class 1 to 12 in pdf format from our website.
Keep visiting our site ncertbooks.guru and start learning all the concepts of the respective class in an interesting manner with the help of exam resources of Goa Board provided here.
1. What does GBSHSE stand for?
GBSHSE stands for Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education which is a board of state education responsible for conducting class 10 and class 12 examinations in the state of Goa.
2. What is the educational structure of the Goa Board?
The educational structure of the Goa state consists of pre-primary, primary, middle, secondary, and higher secondary education. As per the data of 2019-20 available on the official website of the Goa Government.
3. How many affiliated schools come under the Board of Goa?
There are nearly 1,735 schools in Goa that involve primary schools, middle schools, secondary schools, and higher secondary schools. Mostly Schools in Goa are affiliated with the state board of education (GBSHSE). Out of the total number of schools, 882 are government schools, and 883 are assisted and unassisted schools in Goa.
4. Where can I check my Goa Board Results of Class 10 and Class 12?
Students of Class 10 and Class 12 can check their GBSHSE Results via the official board of the state ie., gbshse.gov.in