Gardening As a Hobby Essay: A hobby is one’s best past time. It is something which while giving satisfaction is enjoyable too. But given a choice, gardening is a very pleasant and rewarding as a hobby. A little piece of land in front or at the back or around the house is enough to launch this hobby. After the day’s hard work, or even before the day begins early in the morning and then for the whole day on a holiday one can enjoy to indulge and involve himself in this hobby.
- Long Essay on Gardening As a Hobby 500 Words in English
- Short Essay on Gardening As a Hobby 200 Words in English
- 10 Lines on Gardening As a Hobby
- Why is gardening a good hobby for children?
- Why should you choose gardening as a hobby?
- Is gardening good for your mental health?
- How can I make Gardening a Hobby?
Long and Short Essays on Gardening As a Hobby for Kids and Students in English
Given below are two essays in English for students and children about the topic of ‘Gardening As a Hobby’ in both long and short form. The first essay is a long essay on the Gardening As a Hobby of 400-500 words. This long essay about Gardening As a Hobby is suitable for students of class 7, 8, 9 and 10, and also for competitive exam aspirants. The second essay is a short essay on Gardening As a Hobby of 150-200 words. These are suitable for students and children in class 6 and below.
Long Essay on Gardening As a Hobby 500 Words in English
Below we have given a long essay on Gardening As a Hobby of 500 words is helpful for classes 7, 8, 9 and 10 and Competitive Exam Aspirants. This long essay on the topic is suitable for students of class 7 to class 10, and also for competitive exam aspirants.
Right from digging the earth, beating down the moulds into fine-soil, then turning them into small beds, mixing the manure in the soil, one is ready to plant the seeds or the saplings or the seedlings and then softly watering them. In the process one has to select what grows where to give a real glorious glow to the piece of land which may be a pleasure to the eye as also productive for the hobbyists.
If the piece of land is big enough, one arranges and selects proper places for the fruit plants, the papaya, the lemon, the guava, the big banana or even the pomegranate and lichi, but in case it is just a small piece of land one limits oneself to the flowers and a few creepers.
Each day is a day of care and caution, with an eager and an expectant eye one watches the sprouting from the seeds, or the saplings or seedlings, taking roots, and standing up on their own. Gradually the flower seeds have shown up the sproutings and the seedlings showing up new leaves and the growth is watched with such a sense of satisfaction and enjoyment when finally the flowers bloom into their dazzling multi-coloured hues and there is, as if a riot of colours all around.
‘Dancing with the daffodils’ this is what the great nature-poet Wordsworth has said and rightly so. The hobbyist’s heart also gets elated to watch the perfect result of his labours. And then after months of looking after the grape wine or the papaya or the guava or the banana in a bunch, show up their face first; it is a gratification indeed. The labour has been rewarded.
Students can find more English Essay Writing Topics, Ideas, Easy Tips to Write Essay Writing and many more.
Short Essay on Gardening As a Hobby 200 Words in English
Below we have given a short essay on Gardening As a Hobby is for Classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. This short essay on the topic is suitable for students of class 6 and below.
Thus goes on the game of gardening. Gardening, as a hobby has so many advantages. One can spend one’s leisure time in physical work, which exercises the body; the results elate the mind and the fruits fresh and free are a pleasure to be tasted. Spending spare time in useless gossip or straining the eyesight viewing the T.V. all this is hardly a useful utilization of one’s leisure.
You dig, you till, you soil with your hands, you even sweat in the process and the least of it all, you are constantly in the company of nature which company is never boring never tiring rather, it is ever rewarding in every way. You reap the fruits of your labour what else can be so satisfying than that. You are face to face with the spirituality of the matter how from such a small seed gets produced such beauty, such lustre and such a result. God’s nature is wonderful that’s what you have at last to feel and say. This is thus the most rewarding hobby if one develops it and enjoys it too.
The hobby of gardening can give us an insight in understanding the purport of what Wordsworth has said in these lines about nature.
- One impulse from the vernal wood
- May teach you more of man
- Of moral evil and of good
- Than all the Sages can.
Nature is the book from which one can learn all that the creation is about, the mysteries of life, the beauties of life and the bounties bestowed upon us by the creator.
10 Lines on Gardening as a Hobby
- One needs to have a past time and to engage oneself in a hobby of one’s choice is the best past time.
- Gardening is a very pleasant and rewarding a hobby.
- Some nature lovers have a hobby of gardening because they love nature’s scenic beauty.
- In gardening, people grow different types of plants, shrubs, bushes where flowers blossom.
- Plants and trees are an essential component of our life.
- It provides scope for physical exercise as well as mental satisfaction.
- Though overpopulation has damaged the environment through gardening, we can reduce it to some extent.
- From sowing a seed to the growing of the plant and its fruition are all a very pleasant experience.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables shall be available at one’s doorstep. A sense of fulfilment and achievement.
- Last but not the least a communication with the Divine the.wonder how a plant can grow out of a small seed a miracle worthy of being watched and thought upon.
FAQs on Gardening a Hobby Essay?
1. Why is gardening a good hobby for children?
Gardening allows children to learn practically, experiment and share knowledge with others. Gardening teaches nurturing, patience, a sense of pride, introduces them to healthy food and even allows them to give back to their communities.
2. Why should you choose gardening as a hobby?
Gardening is a great exercise for both the body and the mind and also teaches patience. Plants take a relatively long time to grow. Watching your plants growing teaches patience.
3. Is gardening good for your mental health?
Gardening is good for our mental health. For instance, having a plant on your desk can reduce stress and make you feel more energized and able to think more clearly. Many people suffering from anxiety and depression found it quite beneficial.
4. How can I make Gardening a Hobby?
To make Gardening as a Hobby firstly think of what to plant. Later, find a place and clear the ground and improve the soil. Start planting and water them on a regular basis. You find it quite refreshing and you will love it in the long run.