First Aid Specialist Diploma Course: If you’re looking for a first aid specialist diploma course then you have landed at the right place. Generally, if a patient receives first aid at the right time, his chances to survive increase. Usually in this diploma, the student is being taught first aid initially and then medical emergency procedures along with trauma care.
It is quite technical because it includes recognizing the type of emergency then using the right technique and giving the right first aid. It also requires proper documentation and the availability of important medical equipment.
Assisting the emergency department at different clinics and hospitals could be one of the most critical jobs one can perform. Let us take a closer look into the other details of the diploma first aid specialist course from the below sections and understand it completely before getting admission into it.
- About First Aid Specialist Diploma Course in India
- First Aid Specialist Diploma Course Duration
- Eligibility for First Aid Diploma Course
- First Aid Specialist Diploma Course Admission
- Documents Required for Diploma in First Aid Specialist Course
- First Aid Specialist Diploma Course Syllabus
- Best Colleges Offering Diploma Course in First Aid Specialist
- First Aid Specialist Diploma Course Fees
- Career after Certificate in First Aid Diploma Course
- First Aid Specialist Course in Diploma Salary
- Who can give first aid training in India?
- What is the first-aid certificate in India?
- How much does the diploma in first aid cost?
About First Aid Specialist Diploma Course in India
A diploma in first aid and emergency care is a one-year course that helps you become a specialist in crisis care. The First Aid diploma course will help you learn the way to handle patients of different age groups in case of difficulties. People who prefer doing a diploma in first aid courses can easily get a job in global investigation and marketing, supply and exchange, refining and assembling, production, security, and other departments. The best thing about the diploma is that it can be pursued in an online as well as offline medium.
First Aid Specialist Diploma Course Duration
The course duration of a first-aid diploma is probably from 1 year to 3 years. Some universities and colleges provide 3 years diplomas whereas most of them provide 1-2years diplomas. One thing that you must know is that the 3-year diploma is mostly available for 10th pass students and the 12th pass is not the minimum eligibility. On the other hand, the 2-year course is for 12th pass students who have pursued PCB.
As seen earlier, the eligibility criteria vary from course to course. A 3-year course requires basic eligibility of 10th pass whereas a 2-year course requires 12th pass with PCB. Once you enroll yourself in the course and complete it, you will be in a position to provide first aid. The student will receive a certificate of competence.
The admission procedure for the diploma differs from one institution to the other. It includes registration and application and then a written test followed by a personal interview and then a final selection.
Here is a list of some of the most important documents required to get admission to first aid specialist diploma courses. Before you see the list make sure that the documents have copies and they are attested.
- 10th and 12th examination mark-sheet along with her passing certificates
- School leaving certificate and a transfer certificate
- Birth certificate
- Domicile certificate in case you need to show residential proof
- Character certificate
- Other certificates proving that you belong to an SC/ST/OBC
- Migration certificate
- A certificate that proves any disability
- Provisional certificate
Related Articles: Diploma in Medical Field Course
Here are some of the important subjects that are taught during this diploma course in first aid:
- Types of emergencies
- Emergency-wise first aid procedures
- Emergency medical equipment
- Emergency medicine
- Legal procedures and aspects
You can also learn how to first aid in an emergency via online certification courses or from offline medical colleges. The list of some top colleges/universities that offer a diploma in first aid is as follows:
- Delhi Paramedical and Management Institute
- S.J. Naturopathy and Paramedical Health Institute
- School of Health Sciences (IGNOU)
- Singhania University
- First Aid Industrial Training & Health
- Bharti Eduversity
From one college to another college you can always see the difference in the course fee structure. Yet, you can get the estimate or average fees up to 1 lakh for the diploma course in first aid specialist.
If you’re looking for job opportunities after completing your diploma and first aid then you need to be worry-free. You can easily get a government or a private-sector job in first aid and emergency services. The main recruiters here include government hospitals, private hospitals, nursing homes, and NGOs.
If you’re wondering what kind of service professionals are required by these recruiters, they include first age technicians, emergency care technicians, medical emergency team technicians, and trauma care, technicians.
The salary of these medical professionals depends upon various factors including the institution from which they have completed their diploma and the job location. Generally, the salary ranges from Rs. 8000–Rs. 15,000 per month.
FAQs on Diploma Course in First Aid Online
- Technicians and Supervisors.
- Members of the Emergency Response Team
- Anyone who wants to pursue a profession in first aid.
The first aid course covers every key component of first aid, and the certification exam evaluates the test taker’s knowledge of basic and advanced first aid and revival procedures.
The Diploma may cost you from around INR 3,500 to INR 1,50,000. It depends on the university or college you are getting your diploma from.
This was all about doing a diploma in first aid specialist. This diploma course trains students in first aid, medical emergency procedures, and trauma care. It builds in the skills and techniques as to how a person has to take care of their patients. Make sure that you choose the college carefully based on your knees and requirements. For more information on any medical field, or courses do check out our portal Ncertbooks.Guru