Bakery and confectionery are a popular and important part of the food and beverage business. People who are interested in baking can become professionals by joining a diploma in bakery and confectionery. In this diploma course, you will learn many techniques about different types of baking freezing, decorating, etc. If you are joining this course you must be passionate about cooking.
Still, if you are looking for any other courses then you can check our Course Details. In this article, we are going to discuss everything about the diploma course like eligibility, admission process, colleges, salary, etc.
- What is Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery?
- Overview of Bakery and Confectionery in Diploma
- Eligibility Requirements of Diploma Course in Bakery and Confectionery
- Admission Process of Bakery and Confectionery Course in Diploma
- Top Entrance Examinations of Bakery and Confectionery Diploma
- Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery Syllabus
- Fee Structure for Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery
- Important Books for Bakery and Confectionery Diploma in India
- Top Colleges of Diploma Course in Bakery and Confectionery
- Diploma of Bakery and Confectionery: Top Recruiters
- Benefits of Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery
- Career Options for Diploma Course in Bakery and Confectionery
- Skills Required for Bakery and confectionery Jobs
- Salary After Bakery and Confectionery Diploma Course
- FAQs on Diploma in Bakery And Confectionery Course
Diploma in bakery and confectionery is an undergraduate program. If you successfully completed your diploma in bakery and confectionery you will get the diploma certificate. If you join this course you will learn to make cakes, sweets, chocolates and many. This course is specialized for people who are passionate to cook bakery and confectionery items.
|Degree Name||Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery|
|Type of Degree||Undergraduate Diploma|
|Degree Duration||1-2 year|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 in any subjects|
|Examination Type||Semester Wise|
|Entrance Exams||NCHM JEE|
|Fees||Rs. 25000/- to Rs. 50,000/-|
|Average Salary||Rs. 200,000 to Rs. 10,00,000|
|Job profiles||Bakery Specialist, Pastry Chef, Head Baker, Apprentice Baker, Cake Decorator, Commis Baer, manager, apprentice baker.|
|Top recruiters||Radisson Blu, Oberoi Hotels, Old Madras Baking Company, Hyatt, Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd, ITC Hotels, Le Meridien Hotels, Bikanerwala Foods|
Requirements of enrolling in a diploma program of bakery and confectionery mary vary from institute to institute. Below are the details of the minimum eligibility required for an institute.
- Candidates should complete the 10+2 in a recognized board of education from any of the streams (Humanities, science, commerce, Arts).
- Candidates must achieve 50% in their academics in 10 + 2.
- 5 % moderation will be given for the reserved category students.
The admission process in bakery and confectionery in diploma differs from university to university. Below are the steps for admission carried out in most of the colleges.
- You need to open the college or university’s official website and register for admission.
- And then attend the examination at a specific time and date.
- You need to pass the exam with the cut-off limit.
- Pay the cost for the seat and book it.
- Complete the documentation process.
- Complete the process of enrollment and pay the rest of the amount of your academic.
To get admission to the colleges that offer the diploma course in this specific field students have to appear for the entrance examinations. One of the most famous entrance exams is NCHM JEE (National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination) which is conducted by NTA(National Testing Agency).
We have provided the syllabus of diploma courses operating in the Institute of Hotel Management, Catering, and Nutrition.
|2.||Psychological Basis of Guidance and Counselling|
|3.||Essentials of Guidance and Counselling|
|4.||Mental Health and Adjustment|
|5.||Stress and Conflict Management|
|6.||Assessment and Appraisal in Guidance and Counselling|
The fee structure varies from college to college. Some of the colleges charge a high fee and some of the colleges provide less than Rs.10000. . The moderate fee of this diploma course ranges between Rs. 10,000 or 10,00,000. The fee structure for any university is based on various aspects.
Here are some important books for this bakery and confectionery course. Look into them below.
- Group counseling for children of stepfamilies, Dianna C Kirland.
- Child Counseling (counseling and guidance series), Kennet M Dimick and Vaughn E Huff.
- Counseling: theory and process, James C Hansen and Robert H Rossberg.
- Counseling Children and Adolescents in schools: Practice and Application Guide, Sandy Magnuson.
- Introduction to counseling and Guidance, Marianne Mitchell.
Top Colleges of Diploma Courses in Bakery and Confectionery
We have many colleges that provide diploma for this course. But we have the list below that provides diploma courses of top colleges. If you are wishing to enroll in this course look into the colleges below. These colleges include both public and private.
- Maharishi Markandeshwar.
- Apex University.
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore.
- SRM University, Delhi-NCR, Sonepat.
- RIMT University.
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Deemed to be University, Mullana.
- State Institute of Hotel Management, Rohtak.
- Institute of Hotel Management.
- State Institute of Hotel Management.
Here, you can see top recruiters after the study of diploma in bakery and confectionery. Some of the top recruiters are given below:
- Hyatt Hotels
- Accor Hotels
- Hilton Worldwide
- Taj Groups
- Marriott International, Inc.
- Hotels & Resorts
- Diploma in Hotel Management Course in India and Abroad.
- Hotel Management Courses In India After 12Th
- How to Become a Hotel Manager in India
Here are some of the benefits of a diploma course. Look into them below.
- The production reaches a vast audience.
- With this course, you can get jobs on a high pay scale.
- Through this course, you can gain more experience and skills.
- You can go for free tours.
- you can enjoy the growing demand.
Here are some of the best job profiles after completion of the study of bakery and confectionery in diploma. There are many specialists in bakery and confectionery.
- Career guidance counselor
- Pastry Chef
- Community counselor
- Head baker
- Supply chain management
- Pastoral counselor
- Mental health counselor
- Food Production Manager
- Pastry Professionals
- Specialty Bakers
Candidates who are excited in the field of bakery and confectionery should be passionate about baking and cooking different chocolates and they should have some skills required. Some of the skills are enlisted below.
- Baking Skills
- Numerical Skills
- Measuring Skills
- Observational Skills
- Physical Strength
- Good decision-making skills
- Good listener
After completion of your study, you will have many job opportunities, and the salary is based on the job experience and also skills you have in the particular field and the particular location. We will see the average salary for freshers from 1-3 years experience is Rs. 300,000 PA. And if you have the experience of 5-9 years you will get Rs. 380,000 per annum. For the experienced candidates who have more than 10 years, the salary starts from Rs. 500,000.
1. How can I make a career in Baking?
To make a job in Baking you can go for a full-time course in Hotel Management or you can sign up for short-time diploma/certificate courses in Baking and Confectionery.
2. What is the duration of the diploma in bakery and confectionery?
The duration of the diploma in bakery and confectionery is 1 year.
3. What are some job profiles after the study of diploma in bakery and confectionery?
Chef, baker, food stylist, catering officer, Pastry Professionals, Food Production Manager, and many.
4. What is the average salary of a cake decorator?
The average salary of a cake decorator is Rs. 366,251 per annum in India.
Hope that the information that is provided above about the Diploma in Confectionery and Bakery is useful for you. And if you still have doubts about this course you can comment in the below comment section. And if you need any other course details you can click on NCERTBooks.guru. If you are looking to study this course we have plenty of job opportunities these days.