Diploma Courses in Animal Husbandry: Animal farming is one of the fastest-growing enterprises, with many people getting involved. People raise cattle, livestock, poultry, and other animals to benefit greatly from them. But there are times when these animals need the help of a specialist who is trained in animal treatment and management. And being a Diploma holder in Animal Husbandry one will be able to help these animals without much difficulty. Not only that, a diploma holder can earn a decent amount of income by doing so.
Animal Husbandry Diploma Courses emphasize providing on-the-job training in livestock management and reproduction. The Diploma in Animal Husbandry program covers all facets of livestock farming and dairy development.
- About Diploma in Animal Husbandry and Course Duration
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry Colleges in India
- Eligibility criteria for Diploma in Animal Husbandry
- Admission Procedure for Diploma in Animal Husbandry in India
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry Entrance Test
- Entrance exam for Diploma in Animal Husbandry- How To Prepare
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry syllabus
- Study Material For Diploma in Animal Husbandry
- Future Scope of Diploma in Animal Husbandry in India
- Jobs After Diploma in Animal Husbandry
- Salary of Diploma in Animal Husbandry in India
About Diploma in Animal Husbandry and Course Duration
Diploma in Animal Husbandry is a 2 years/ 3 years (full-time) diploma course. In this course, you will study nourishing, breeding, and caring for domestic animals, particularly agricultural animals like livestock, sheep, horses, etc. Animal husbandry is extremely important in rural regions since a huge number of farmers rely on it to earn a living. Animal husbandry provides a living for a huge majority of Indian farmers.
Animal husbandry has a wide range of applications. Additionally, more specialized work is available, freshers’ can serve as an advisor to commercial officers or managing officers upon completing their degree or as relationships managers or entrepreneurs for a dairy cattle farm.
Diploma in Animal Husbandry Colleges in India
Several colleges provide Diploma Courses in Animal Husbandry, to help you out with the selection of colleges we have listed some of the best colleges based on their Private, Public (Government), or State criteria along with their Total Fees. Some of the names of the colleges are listed below:
|Name of the College||Public/ Private||Total Fees|
|National Dairy Research Institute – [NDRI], Karnal||Public||INR 26,200|
|College Of Veterinary And Animal Sciences – [RAJUVAS], Udaipur||Public||INR 32,000|
|Apex University, Jaipur||Private||INR 50,000|
|Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University – [SVVU], Tirupati||State University||INR 12,575|
|Chhattisgarh Kamdhenu Vishwavidyalaya – [CGKV], Raipur||State University||INR 24,960|
|Bir Tikendrajit University, Imphal||Private||INR 20,000|
|Nanaji Deshmukh Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur||State University||INR 1.15 Lakhs|
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Animal Husbandry
To be eligible for the Diploma in Animal Husbandry there are some eligibility criteria that an applicant must fulfill. Below is the list of the eligibility criteria that are required to enroll in the diploma program. Go through this article on Courses After 12th to know more about what career to choose.
- The applicant must have completed the 12th examination from a recognized board to be considered for admission to the Diploma in the Animal Husbandry program.
- Applicants should have taken Biology or Agriculture as a compulsory course, as well as Physics, Chemistry, and Math, and received a minimum of 50% of the total.
- For students in the reserved category, there is a 5% relaxation.
Admission Procedure for Diploma in Animal Husbandry in India
The applicant’s performance in the board examinations, i.e. Class 10 examinations, is used to determine admission to this program. In merit-based admission, applicants’ marks in qualifying exams are taken into account when deciding whether or not to admit them to the program. The admissions process is broken down into several steps, which are listed below.
- Registration: The date for registration opens up once a year, and institutions give announcements in advance. Online registration will be required, as well as the applicant needs to create a profile.
- Completing out the application form: After creating a profile, log in and begin the application process. Fill out the application form with information on your academic achievements, work experience, internships, and completed projects, among other things.
- Important Documents: Credentials such as mark sheets, passports, signatures, and transfer certificates must be digitized and uploaded to the site online. To be approved, all papers must be in a specified format and size.
- Application fee: A nominal amount of the application fee is being paid for the application to be processed. Digital payment solutions are available for use.
- Admissions: It takes a few weeks for colleges to complete applications. An offer letter for admission is issued if an applicant fulfills the cutoffs and all other requirements.
Diploma in Animal Husbandry Entrance Test
Only a few colleges conduct entrance exams for Diploma in Animal Husbandry. Applicants are asked to solve objective questions throughout the assessment, which usually lasts 2 to 3 hours. Annually, the colleges provide information about the examinations. For further information about university entrance tests, applicants should check the official websites of colleges/universities daily.
Entrance Exams for Diploma in Animal Husbandry – How To Prepare
The following are some of the most significant points to remember while studying for the Diploma in Animal Husbandry entrance exams that will assist you with your preparation:
- Syllabus: applicants should go over the course material and highlight all of the relevant elements.
- Re-examine key points: Reread the syllabus and review all of the relevant subjects. Make sure you answer all of the questions about the relevant themes.
- Exercise Question Papers from last year: Complete past year’s question papers to familiarize yourself with the questions and to improve your speed, as the exam will be carried out online.
- Sample Test: Applicants can take an online mock test and complete it on the official site. It will improve your performance and effectiveness while also boosting your self-assurance.
Diploma in Animal Husbandry Syllabus
Diploma in Animal Husbandry is a course in which the applicants learn about animal management and breeding. The syllabus for Diploma in Animal Husbandry is divided into 6 semesters, which are as follows:
|S/No||First Semester||Second Semester||Third Semester|
|1||Introduction to Computer Application||Introduction to Environment Science||Introductory Animal Nutrition I|
|2||Introductory Animal Management I||Introductory Animal Husbandry Extension I||Introductory Animal Husbandry Extension II|
|3||Introductory Animal Physiology||Introductory Animal Management II||Preliminary Pathology|
|4||Introductory Livestock Anatomy||Introductory Animal Breeding||Introductory Veterinary Parasitology|
|5||Introductory Folder Management and Grassland Management||Introductory Veterinary Microbiology|
|S/No||Fourth Semester||Fifth Semester||Sixth Semester|
|1||Introductory Animal Health Care I||Minor Veterinary Surgery||Farm Practice Training|
|2||Introductory Animal Reproduction I||Introductory Animal Management II||Two months of cattle and buffalo|
|3||Introductory Pharmacology||Introductory Veterinary Public Health||One month of sheep|
|4||Introductory Animal Nutrition II||Introductory Animal Reproduction II||One month poultry|
|5||Introductory Animal Husbandry Economics and Marketing||Introductory Animal Health Care II||One month and three weeks of government dispensary|
|6||Seven days of educational tour|
Study Material for Diploma in Animal Husbandry
There are a lot of books published on Animal Husbandry and to choose among them is one of the difficult tasks to do, therefore, we have listed some of the best books on Animal Husbandry that will guide you through this course. Some of the books are as follows:
- Clinical Procedures in Veterinary Nursing by Victoria Aspinall
- Marek’s Disease: An Evolving Problem (Biology of Animal Infections) by Fred Davison, Venugopal Nair
- Animal Husbandry by Laura Zigman
- A Textbook of Animal Husbandry by Banerjee G. C.
Future Scope of Diploma in Animal Husbandry in India
The Diploma in Animal Husbandry curriculum is becoming increasingly popular, and it provides a wide range of job options. This just adds to the course’s enormous demand among students. Following are the most popular educational options after completing a Diploma in Animal Husbandry.
- BSc: If you want to continue your studies in a comparable profession, a BSc in Agriculture is the best option. It’s a three-year curriculum with requirements such as passing Class 12 in compulsory subjects.
- PGD: A considerable percentage of diploma holders elect to pursue a PGDM degree. A nationwide entrance exam is used to determine admissions.
- Competitive exams: Diploma holders have the option of preparing for competitive exams. The most common exams are those for job openings in government-sponsored organizations. Jobs in this industry are safe, with guaranteed high salaries and regular raises.
To know more about related courses in Animal Husbandry check our Course Details page and clear all your queries.
Jobs After Diploma in Animal Husbandry
Students can work in animal health centers, state or private veterinary hospitals as a commercial dairy manager, Veterinary, Agricultural supervisors/clerks or administrators, and they can also work in race venues, stud farms, Dairy development, poultry farms, and other places after accomplishing a Diploma in Animal Husbandry course.
Below is the list of some Job Profile, Sector of Employments and Major Recruiters for Animal Husbandry Diploma Holders:
|Job Profile||Sector of Employments||Major Recruiters|
|Farm Manager||Poultry Farms||National Dairy Development Board (NDDB)|
|Research Assistant||Veterinary Hospitals||Veterinary Council of India|
|Entrepreneur||Wildlife Sanctuaries||Indian Council for Agricultural Research|
|Animal Husbandry Technician||Animal Husbandry Clinics||State Animal Husbandry Department|
|Subject Matter Specialist||Aviaries||Central Cattle Breeding Farm|
|Animal Husbandry Officer||Zoological parks||Indian Forest Services|
|Post Graduate Teacher||Dairy farms||National Dairy Development Board (NDDB)|
Salary of Diploma Holder in Animal Husbandry in India
The annual salary for a Diploma Holder in Animal Husbandry in India is between INR 1, 00,000 Lakhs to 6, 00,000 Lakhs approximately. Salaries are determined by the type of practice, animals, working environment, training, job title, and other factors. You can even start your farm after obtaining experience in this profession.
Also to get a better understanding of the Job Profile and Salary, we have listed a few Job designations along with their Salaries.
- Dairy Production Manager Salary – INR 2,40,000 – 4,00,000
- Animal Husbandry Senior Clerk Salary – INR 1,10,000 – 4,10,000
- Animal Husbandry Supervisor Salary – INR 1,00,000 – 2,40,000
- Veterinary Officer Junior Salary – INR 2,40,000 – 4,00,000
FAQs Related to Diploma in Animal Husbandry
1. Is it possible to get an Animal Husbandry Diploma in two years?
Yes, this course is offered in two lengths: two years and three years. The college has a complete choice over the length of time they provide to students. This training is accessible in both short and long periods in India.
2. How much do Indian colleges and universities charge for a diploma in animal husbandry course?
The fee of a Diploma in Animal Husbandry ranges from INR 1,500 to INR 35, 000. The cost varies from one college to the next. University and college fees in the private sector are usually quite high, whereas government colleges and universities charge minimal fees.
3. What opportunities exist after earning a diploma in animal husbandry?
Following completion of an Animal Husbandry Diploma, you can opt for any of the following career choices:
- Aspirants can pursue bachelor’s degrees in animal husbandry and dairying.
- You can pursue a master’s degree in animal husbandry and dairying.
- You can also choose between Ph.D. programs in animal husbandry / Animal Husbandry & Drying and Ph.D. programs in veterinary science.
- With the information and expertise gained during the course, you can potentially establish your own farm business.
4. What are the minimum requirements for enrolling in a diploma program in animal husbandry?
For entrance to a Diploma in Animal Husbandry program, students must have completed their 12th grade in a science stream with Biology or Agriculture as obligatory subjects, as well as physics, chemistry, and math, with a minimum of 50% in total.
5. What is the definition of animal husbandry?
Animal husbandry is an agricultural phrase that refers to animals raised for eggs, milk, meat fiber, as well as other milk product lines. It also encompasses the everyday care of the animals, as well as specialized breeding, livestock, and poultry raising.
Diploma in Animal Husbandry is one of the fruitful courses to take as farmers, pet lovers and people associated with animal business constantly require the help and assistance of an Animal Husbandry expert. With the help of these experts, they can maintain and run their businesses and farm smoothly.
And some people who are concerned about the health and wellness of their pets also came to seek assistance from the Animal Specialist. There is a huge career scope if you get a job in the government sector or a private firm with a good salary. Also, it is not only a job or a career opportunity. By taking this career you will be able to help the poor and speechless creatures. For more career updates and other course details, visit our comprehensive website @ ncertbooks.guru