Fashion Designing tops the list of fore-most rapidly thriving professions across the globe. With the ever-increasing significance of mass media & digital media, fashion is constantly escalating and providing uncountable employment opportunities.
A diploma in Fashion Designing is a degree that could stimulate the aspirant’s probability of success immensely. World-known preeminent fashion brands offer undeniable packages along with a lavish fashion designer lifestyle & a reputed designation.
- What is Fashion?
- Why Diploma in Fashion Designing?
- Advantages of Diploma in Fashion Designing
- List of Courses of Diploma in Fashion Designing after 10th
- List of Diploma Fashion Designing Course after 12th
- Diploma in Fashion Designing Eligibility Criteria & Admissions 2022
- Diploma in Fashion Designing Syllabus
- Best Books for Diploma Courses in Fashion Designing
- Best Diploma in Fashion Designing Colleges in India with Fees
- Career as a Fashion Designer in India
- Top Recruiters that Hire Fashion Designers
- Diploma in Fashion Designing Salary
- FAQs on Diploma Fashion Designing Course Fees
Fashion is an art that permits people to modify & enhance things by making them presentable and equally stylish. Fashion could be implemented in any & everything around us viz. Clothes, Shoes, Lifestyle, Makeup, Decor, etc. Fashion is meant to intensify and embrace mediocre-looking things into more pleasing & trendy ones. Fashion is segregated into distinct categories relying on the location, era, occasion, context & so on.
With ever-evolving media trends, fashion is a profession that can ace & amplify a career pathway for decades. Fashion brings constant modifications and alterations but it’s a requirement for the man-kind. Career horizon in terms of fashion is steadily expanding & one must set away in this field by choosing courses such as Fashion Diploma Course or Diploma in Fashion Designing.
A diploma in Fashion Designing is a one-year course that offers specializations in distinct disciplines bound to fashion. As this is a 12-month course, candidates can initiate their careers expeditiously. A fashion Designer is a sought-after designation and can later confer a multitude of successful career opportunities. After a Diploma in Fashion Designing from a well-recognized university, candidates can apply for jobs.
Innumerable preeminent Fashion companies such as H&M, Marks & Spencers, Levi’s, U.S. Polo Assn., United Colors of Benetton, etc. hire Fashion Designers and offer great salary packages followed by perks & advantages. Fashion Designers can become an entrepreneur or can be celebrity fashion stylists too. Designing could be of various types viz. Jewelry Designing, Shoes Designing & more. Further, the Candidate can pick any specialization of their inclination.
A diploma in Fashion Designing is a one-year full-time study program that includes a vigorous syllabus & in-depth learning of the subject in a very short duration of time. Here are a few advantages of this course:
- Students can go for a Diploma in Fashion Designing after 12th and start their career timely.
- This Fashion Diploma course comprises all the technical knowledge along with some hands-on industry experience.
- Candidates get to learn about the latest national & international fashion trends accompanied by marketing strategies & more.
Nonetheless, Diploma courses can be shorter or longer than a year & it entirely depends on the course selected by the candidates. After the one-year course, candidates can hunt for even further enhancing courses or can immediately start their career in fashion.
The Fashion industry is constantly thriving & is casting around for fresher fashion designers. For Diploma in Fashion Designing after 10th, it’s recommended to pick courses that last for 2-3 years. These are a few courses that would assist you in learning inside out of fashion:
- Diploma in Fashion Technology
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
These are the popular fashion diploma courses after the 10th. However, candidates can definitely go for 1 to 2 years of diploma course too & then aim for higher studies.
List of Diploma Fashion Designing Course after 12th
There are innumerable career prospects to choose from after 10+2. Likewise, the field of fashion is discriminated into many sub-fields that provide specialty in a certain discipline. Listed below are a few courses that aspirants can go for after the 12th:
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Diploma in Apparel Design
- Diploma in Jewellery Design
- Diploma in Fashion Photography
- Diploma in Retail Merchandising
- Diploma in Leather Design
- Diploma in Textile Design
- Diploma in Visual Merchandising
All these courses procure thoroughgoing fashion, its applications & marketing.
Similar to every other course, candidates need to box-tick a few prerequisites to successfully enroll for a Diploma in Fashion Designing Course after the 12th. Listed below is how the admission process goes for this course plus the eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must have surpassed their 10+2 from any recognized board or university.
- The admission process entirely relies on the marks secured in 10+2 i.e. the admission procedure is wholly merit-based.
- Candidates must then start searching for the colleges followed by registration & form filling.
- Candidates must insert the obligatory documents asked & must complete the application fee payment.
- After this step, aspirants must wait for the merit list to come out & then can start their course as per the institute guidelines.
Some colleges conduct private entrance exams for the fashion diploma course. To be eligible for that course, candidates must at least have scored 50% aggregate in their 10+2.
A Fashion Diploma in India is a one-year course, it has a limited yet core & complicated syllabus. Here’s a glimpse of what syllabus you can expect in this fashion course:
- General Fashion Theory
- Fashion Principles
- Fabric Selection
- Fashion Illustration
- History of Costumes
- Fashion Accessories
- Fashion Tools and Techniques
- Quality Assurance
- Basic Silhouettes
- Silhouettes of Garments
- Saree Designing
- Industrial Training Reports
- Fashion Exhibition
- Fashion Show
- Drafting of Blocks and Patterns
- Stitching Methods and Applications
- Measurements and Patterns
- Advertising and Media Planning
- Fashion Forecasting
- Fashion Exhibition
This is a general imperative syllabus brought forward by almost all the fashion institutes in India. Apart from this, institutes can either add or subtract any of the subjects depending on the type of course chosen by the candidates.
Best Books for Diploma Courses in Fashion Designing
When you are in a run-on course, it’s necessary to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and the entire course. To gain proficiency in fashion, aspirants can refer to these books during their diploma course:
- Draw like the Masters(Berrington Barber)
- Start-Up Your Fashion Label (Aarthi Gunnupuri)
- Patternmaking for fashion (Pearson)
- Fashion Illustration: Inspiration & Technique (Anna Kiper)
- Textbook of Fabric Science (Fundamentals to Finishing) (Seema)
- The Fashion Designer Survival Guide (Mary Gehlhar)
- Coco Chanel (A Life by Justine Picardie)
- Dior by Dior (Christian Dior)
Fashion is a degree that is recognized by its degree. The better the degree, the better will be the probability of securing a decent job in a well-known company.
Famed institutes unlock an employment vacancy directly into the excellent companies and that is why it is necessary to nominate a correct & recognized college that offers a great diploma program.
|College||Annual Fees in INR|
|Vogue Institute of Art and Design||₹ 95,580|
|IIFA Multimedia||₹ 65,000|
|Inter National Institute of Fashion Design||₹ 155,000|
|LISAA School of Design||₹ 210,000|
|Osteen College, Bangalore||–|
|Integrated Institute Of Education Technology||₹ 3,000|
|JD Institute Of Fashion Technology, Hyderabad||₹ 120,000|
|Instituto Design Innovation Institute Of Fashion & Interior Design, Hyderabad||₹ 62,500|
|International Institute Of Fashion Design||₹ 124,000|
|Aartreum School Of Design, Hyderabad||₹ 100,000|
|Raffles Design International||₹ 374,243|
|InterNational Institute of Fashion Design (Andheri, Mumbai)||₹ 250,000|
|JD Institute of Fashion Technology||₹ 177,000|
|Le Mark School of Art Mumbai||₹ 150,000|
|International Institute of Fashion Design||₹ 125,000|
|Madras Institute Of Fashion Technology||₹ 1,02,000|
|Institute Of Design||₹ 95,000|
|Dot School Of Design||₹ 75,000|
|Exterior Interior (Pvt Ltd), Chennai||–|
|Image Institute Of Multimedia Arts & Graphic Effects , Vadapalani||–|
These were a few colleges in Bangalore, Mumbai & Chennai. Furthermore, various colleges are available in many other states as well. The fee structure remains similar for almost all the colleges & the quality of education provided by these institutes is heads & shoulders above the rest.
Fashion Designing is constantly gaining its exigency & could bestow immense fame, recognition & monetary benefits too. There are abundant employment opportunities open for fashion graduates.
The future scope in Fashion Designing is enormously high & so is the remuneration. Candidates after completing a Diploma in fashion designing program can opt for numerous career pathways such as:
- Working in a brand
- Working with Media Companies
- Celebrity Stylist
- Working under a Fashion Label
- Working as a manufacturer
- Textile industry
- Celebrity Designer
Career prospects in the field of Fashion are never-ending and one can climb a success ladder if they are proficient & passionate about the field.
As Fashion Designing is a demanded career, assorted preeminent fashion brands quest for fashion designers. Their career is not only limited to manufacturing clothes but they can be a jewelry stylist, media manager & many more desirable designations.
- Marks & Spencers
- American Eagle
- United Colors of Benetton
- Tommy Hilfiger
- U.S. Polo Assn.
Any brand or organization that requires well-presentation of attire, hires fashion designers. There are plentiful brands similar to what is listed above. Candidates can try various national & international brands to set away a successful career.
Fashion is a field that is constantly expanding because of which the employment in this sector is also elevating. Top-notch companies are in the chase of talented fashion designers with recognized degrees from well-known institutes.
Listed below are a few jobs & their salaries that a diploma cleared candidate can expect:
|Job Role||Average Annual Salary in INR|
|Fashion Designer||₹ 3,50,000|
|Visual Merchandiser||₹ 4,15,000|
|Quality Controller||₹ 3,98,000|
|Pattern Maker||₹ 4,00,000|
|Fashion Stylist||₹ 4,30,000|
Besides, there are countless careers that can be chosen by the candidates. The pay-out range eventually elevates after a certain decent experience is gained by the candidate. Various job roles are offered to fashion graduates along with impressive salary packages & perks.
FAQs on Diploma Fashion Designing Course Fees
1. Can we pursue Diploma in Fashion Designing after the 12th?
Yes, candidates can pursue Diploma in Fashion Designing after the 12th.
2. What is the course duration for Diploma in Fashion Designing in India?
The course duration for Diploma in Fashion Designing in India is 1-year.
3. Are there any entrance exams required for a Fashion Diploma?
No, entrance exams are not required for a Fashion Diploma. However, some universities might conduct a private entrance test.
Fashion Designing is a moneyed career and one can skillfully ace in this sphere of fashion. Nevertheless, a Diploma in Fashion Designing can mould a prosperous profession & one will learn all the hows & whys of fashion.