Diploma Course in Graphic Design: What is a Diploma in Graphic Design course? To understand this, let’s first understand what is graphic design. Graphic design is a field of study and work where the work involves projecting visual communications which are intended to transmit certain messages to certain groups with specified objectives. It can be considered a form of art where the form follows a specific function.
Graphic design in Diploma is a one-year-long certification course that focuses on areas such as animation, gaming, and multimedia. You must have at least passed your class 12th with a minimum of 45% marks to be eligible to take admission in a graphic design diploma courses. You can pursue this course from India or Abroad and work as a graphic designer, web developer, creative director, etc after completing the course. Want to learn some more information about the diploma graphic design course then look at the below modules.
Diploma Course in Graphic Design Outline
A diploma course in graphic design is a one-year-long diploma course that is divided into 2 semesters. You must have at least passed your class 12th with a minimum of 45% marks to be eligible to take admission in a graphic design diploma course. You can pursue this course from India or Abroad. Graphic design is a very vast field and doing a diploma in graphic design will open numerous career options for you.
The fee of the course is somewhere between INR 30,000 to INR 1,00,000. The average salary offered to the students after they’ve completed their graphic design diploma and start working in various job profiles is between INR 2,00,000 to INR 13,00,000 per annum. The top recruiters that hire graphic design professionals include Wipro, Fisheye, Design Factory India, etc.
- Should you do a Diploma in Graphic Design?
- Eligibility Criteria for a Graphic Design Diploma Course
- Skills required to pursue a Diploma in Graphic Design
- Admission Process in a Diploma Graphic Design Course in India
- Diploma Graphic Design Courses Fees in India
- Diploma in Graphic Design Syllabus
- Top Diploma in Graphic Design Colleges in India and Abroad
- Career options after doing a diploma in Graphic Design
- Diploma in Graphic Design Salary in India
- Best Employment Fields for Graphic Designers
- Top Recruiting Companies for Graphic Designers
- FAQ’s on Diploma in Graphic Design in India
A graphic design diploma is a course for people who want to develop their design skills. The work of graphic designers is that they encode or interpret a message. A graphic designer works on the interpretation ordering and the visual presentation of messages. If you are interested in this field and want to go forward in graphic designing doing a diploma in graphic design might be the best option for you. There are different areas of knowledge that focus on visual communication systems.
For example, it can be applied in advertising, aviation, space exploration, etc. With the rapid increase in the information-sharing sector, there is a high demand for good graphic designers since the development of newer technologies requires a tremendous amount of visuals. Hence, doing a graphic design diploma course can be very beneficial for your professional life and your career in graphic design.
To be eligible for a diploma in graphic design you must have passed your class 12th with a recognized Board of Education with a minimum of 45% marks. If you have passed this criterion you can go forward with the admission process in a graphic design diploma course. Also, come different universities have said different percentages for the HSC exam. The students who have scored either equal to or more than the required marks will be eligible for admission.
You must have some basic skills to do a graphic design job that you must develop and groom while you are pursuing a graphic designing course. Following are the main skills required for a graphic designer:
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Creative thinking
- Ability to innovate
- Being able to maintain healthy relationships
- The ability to understand clients and meet their requirement
- Web design languages
- Knowledge of graphic designing Softwares
- CSS, HTML, etc
Want to learn more about How to Become a Graphic Designer in India? Click the available link.
The students who have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam in any of the relevant streams can then move on with the admission process of a graphic design diploma course. The application can be done through online mode or offline mode by visiting the College in which the student wants to enroll. The candidates must attach photocopies of all the required documents at the time of admission along with their application forms.
An important point to remember is that colleges do not conduct entrance exams to select the candidates for this course and the admissions are done on the basis of the marks obtained by the student in class 12th. The higher the score of the student the higher is their chance of getting admitted to the diploma graphic design course.
The fee of a diploma in graphic design course starts from INR 6,000 and goes up to INR 2,00,000 depending upon the College in which the student takes admission. The average fee for a graphic design diploma course is somewhere between INR 30,000 to INR 55,000.
The entire syllabus of the one-year diploma in graphic design course is divided into 2 semesters. Let’s look at the course semester wise:
- Typographic design
- computer studies
- Sound principles
- Basic information
- Generic skills
- Colour theory of computer
- Visual communication
- Design: character
- Team management
- Principles of management
- Background and concept
- Digital publishing
- Graphics principle
- Drawing as the basis for 2 D and 3D animation
- Language career planning and guidance
- Method of design introduction to multimedia
- Digital portfolio development
- Industrial training
- Web design
- Breakdown: voice
- Sound recording
- Introduction to computer education
- Animation the production process
- Modeling using CAD
- Digital portfolio presentation
- Web campaign implementation
- Scripting for the web
- Composing in shooting on film
- Music and effects film
- Multimedia authoring
- Project 1
- Live project
- Case study 1
The list of top-best colleges for diploma graphic design courses in India and abroad are mentioned here to verify the details and choose wisely to start your career in graphic design with the best opportunities.
Top diploma in graphic design colleges in India:
- National Institute of Computer Arts, Mumbai
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Pacific University, Udaipur
- Netaji Subhash Open University, Kolkata
- Himanshu Art School, New Delhi
- International Academy of Computer Graphics – IACG, Hyderabad
- Image Institute of Multimedia Arts and Graphic Effects – IMAGE, Tamil Nadu
- Vidya Knowledge Park, Meerut
- Management and Design Academy – MADA, New Delhi
- Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
- Institute of Apparel Management, Gurgaon
- Maharishi Arvind University, Rajasthan
- IACG Multimedia College, Hyderabad
Top diploma in graphic design colleges Abroad:
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- University of Pennsylvania
- Yale University, New Haven
- Stanford University
- Boston University
- University of Edinburgh
- Michigan State University
- University of Florida
- University of Minnesota
A number of sectors provide job opportunities for diploma graduates in graphic design. Following are the job profiles that you can pursue after completing this course:
- Packaging designer
- Corporate identity designer
- Editorial designer
- Multimedia programmer
- Advertising art director
- Web designer
- Web developer
- Flash animator
- Layout designer
- SEO consultant, and many more
The average salary of a fresher in the graphic design industry is somewhere between INR 2,00,000 to INR 6,00,000 per annum. A particular candidate can also request a higher salary package based on their experience and their skill set. The salary of an individual keeps on increasing as their experience in the industry keeps on increasing and as they keep on building their skill set.
Graphic designers can work in a number of fields. Some of the areas that really look out for candidates who have done a diploma in graphic design are given below:
- Ad Agencies
- Training Institutions
- Television Industry
- Web Designing
- Publishing Houses
- Multimedia Companies
- Commercial Packaging
- Publishing Houses
- Printing and Publishing
- TV and Film Companies
- Design Studios
- Marketing Firms
- Corporate Businesses
A number of top companies hire graphic designers on a regular basis with a very good package. Let’s look at the top hiring companies after a diploma in graphic design course:
- Design Factory India
- Vistaprint Inc
- Eastern Silk Industries limited
- SAP Labs India private limited
- Cogwheel Studios
- Mangoblossom Design
- Edge Studio
- Moonraft Innovation Labs private limited
- Wipro Technologies
- Designer Graphics
- General Motor Design, and many more
1. Can I do a graphic design diploma course after class 12th?
Yes, you can take admission in a graphic design diploma course right after your class 12th. The eligibility criteria are that you must have completed your class 12 with a recognized Board of Education with a minimum of 45% marks.
2. What is the duration of a diploma course in graphic design?
The duration of a diploma course in graphic design is one year. The entire year is divided into 2 semesters.
3. Is graphic design in demand?
Yes in today’s world graphic designers are in high demand. Those graphic designers who are also involved with web technology and mobile skills are preferred. There are various popular job profiles for graphic designers such as:
- Graphic Designer
- Flash Animator
- Layout Designer
- SU Consultant
- Content Management System Specialist
- Web Developer
- UI Designer
4. Do I need to be good at drawing if I want to become a graphic designer?
No since the main part of the graphic designing job profiles does not involve the graphic designers to draw by hand. Hence, you do not need to be good at drawing to become a graphic designer.
We hope that this article was able to provide you with all the information regarding Diploma Course in Graphic Design. We have included all the points related to the course details, eligibility criteria, admission process, syllabus, skills required, fee structure, top colleges, top recruiters add fields of recruitment, salary, career options of doing a Diploma in Graphic Design. This article is a complete guide and it will help you to make up your mind and make an informed decision for yourself. Do bookmark our website for more such course-related details and career decision makings.