Dialysis Technician Course: Paramedical Institutions across India formulated and designed the course curriculum for the Dialysis Technician course programme to enable aspirants to become qualified professionals or technicians who are capable of assisting specialists in the field of dialysis therapy and procedures.
Pursuing a Diploma in Dialysis Technician or Diploma in Dialysis Technician Technology course programme can lead aspirants to get employed in stable career paths in the healthcare industry.
The article on the Dialysis Technician course programme provides a comprehensive analysis of the course and its successful job-oriented career in the paramedical arena. The report on the Dialysis Technician course programme encompasses topics such as – course details, duration, eligibility, admission, curriculum and employment prospects.
- Dialysis Technician Course Highlights
- Skillset Required for Dialysis Technician Course
- Dialysis Technician Course Duration
- Dialysis Technician Course Eligibility Criteria
- Dialysis Technician Course Admission Procedure
- Dialysis Technician Course Entrance Examinations
- Dialysis Technician Course Fee Structure
- Dialysis Technician Course Curriculum
- Top Institutions Offering Dialysis Technician Course
- Employment Prospects for a Dialysis Technician
- Job Roles for Dialysis Technician
- Salary and Pay Package for Dialysis Technician
- Does the Dialysis Technician course programme conduct any entrance examination?
- Does the Dialysis Technician course programme have any specific eligibility criteria?
- What are the various job profiles for graduates from this field of the programme?
- What is the annual fee structure for the Dialysis Technician course programme?
What is a Dialysis Technician Course?
Dialysis Technician course is a two-year-long paramedical course programme that caters the needs of the allied healthcare sector. The course programme educates and trains aspirants and turns them into skilled allied healthcare professionals.
The course programme revolves around the discipline of dialysis technology and deals with the artificial purification process of the blood. Students are trained to carry out internal, or pre, or post-dialysis procedures on patients. They are trained to acquire qualities such as patient education, patient care and communication skills.
The need for Dialysis Technicians is on a rapid rise due to the stark increase in population and the number of established hospitals. To run these units at hospitals, there is an in-demand for skilled technicians who can carry out the process effectively.
|Course Name||Dialysis Technician|
|Course Duration||Two years with four semesters.|
|Age Limit||The lower age limit is 18 years, and there is no applicable upper age limit specification.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Candidates must have completed 10+2 level of graduation, preferably in the stream of science from a recognised board of education or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 40 per cent or more in the qualifying examination with Physics and Chemistry or either Mathematics or Biology as the core subjects.|
|Placement Opportunities||Hospitals, Laboratories, Dialysis Clinics, Multispeciality Hospitals, Training Centres, and more.|
|Employment Roles||Equipment Operator, Medical Assistant, Lab Assistant, Unit Supervisor, Skill Trainer, Dialysis Technician, Dialysis-In-Charge, and more.|
|Average Salary Offered||Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50,000 per month|
|Advanced Courses||PG Diploma in Dialysis Technician|
|Similar Courses||B.Sc Lab Technician, B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology|
Candidates who want to opt for a Dialysis Technician course programme must adopt skills and qualities that enable them to perform better
- Accreditation from a dialysis technology program
- Dedication to patient care
- Good interpersonal skills
- Suitable clinical experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Stream wise, and Category wise
The course duration for Dialysis Technician course is a two-year-long course programme that follows the semester system of education. The entire course programme is distributed into four semesters, with each semester lasting for six months.
To pursue a Dialysis Technician course programme, candidates must pass the minimum eligibility conditions put forth by the conducting body.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 level of graduation, preferably in the stream of science from a recognised board of education or equivalent.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum aggregate of 40 per cent or more in the qualifying examination with Physics and Chemistry or either Mathematics or Biology as the core subjects.
The admission protocol for the Dialysis Technician course is conducted either through the Direct admissions or the Merit-based admissions.
- Entrance-Based Admission: Several institutions or colleges follow the entrance-based admission process, wherein the institutions offer a standard entrance test. Students have to make an application to be eligible for such exams. Students who qualify for the university-level entrance examinations get through the admission for the course programme.
- Merit-Based Admission: Colleges that conduct the merit-based admission process carry out the selection process either through a personal interview or a group discussion. Reputed institutions shortlist candidates based on their past academic education, while the personal Interview and the group discussion add on as a bonus.
A few of the well-known entrance examinations for the Dialysis Technician course programme is listed below:
- JEE Main
- COMEDK UGET
- SRM JEE
The annual course fee structure for Diploma in Dialysis Technician or Technology course programme fluctuates between Rs. 9,000 to Rs. 60,000 per annum. The annual fee structure varies from institution to another institution.
The factors that affect the fee structure include ownership of the institution, management quotas, materials, infrastructure, and reputation of the college in the global market.
The Dialysis Technician course curriculum differs according to the level of the course programme that covers all the essential concepts in the field of Paramedics or Allied Medical courses.
|Human Anatomy and Physiology||Central Nervous System|
|Functioning of Kidneys||Patient Care Management|
|Procedure Recording||Communication Language|
|Supervising Patient and Machine||Pharmacology|
|Dialysis: Procedure and Result||Biochemistry|
|Renal Diseases||Liver Diseases and Causes of Malfunction|
Dialysis Technician Course Subject-Wise Breakup
Here are some of the core subjects present in the Dialysis Technician course programme curriculum
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Communication Skills
- Safety and Sanitation
- Dialysis System and Equipment
- Renal Diseases
- Dialysis Technology
Dialysis Technician course programme is offered either as a certification level course or a diploma level course programme in several reputed institutions. Listed below are the top ten institutions along with their fee structure and location that offer the Dialysis Technician course in India.
|Institute||Location||Annual Fee Structure|
|ARC Para Medical Institute||Panchkula||Rs. 9400|
|Adarsh Medical College||Amritsar||Rs. 12800|
|CMC Medical College||Vellore||Rs. 54,000|
|AIIPHS||New Delhi||Rs. 10,000|
|St. Xavier’s College||Mumbai||Rs. 1.1 Lakhs|
|Bollineni Para Medical School||Eluru||Rs. 40,000|
|AIIMS||New Delhi||Rs. 2,040|
|Armed Forces Medical College||Pune||Rs. 22500|
|Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute||Chennai||Rs. 30,000|
|Madras Medical College||Chennai||–|
Graduates of the Dialysis Technician course programme have plenty of employment options to choose from in terms of the career. Graduates can either expand their academic qualification or decide to get employed as a lab assistant, medical assistant, dialysis in charge, trainer, etc. in terms of their career.
To provide candidates with a holistic view of the employment opportunities, here is a table of the employment areas and the respective job profiles that provide ample opportunities for a diploma in dialysis technician course programme.
Areas of Employment
Dialysis Technician course graduates from allied areas can choose their domain that interests them or which they can specialise in, such as-
- Dialysis Clinics
- Multispeciality Hospitals
- Training Centres
With adequate experience, the Dialysis Technician course graduates can advance up to the job profiles such as-
- Equipment Operator
- Medical Assistant
- Lab Assistant
- Unit Supervisor
- Skill Trainer
- Dialysis Technician
The average annual salary of a Dialysis Technician graduate can fluctuate anywhere between Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 25,000 per month, initially. However, those graduates with ample experience and professional skills acquired through the years of working in the field can earn up to Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50,000 per month.
FAQ’s on Bachelor of Dialysis Technician Course
A few of the entrance examinations offered for Dialysis Technician course programme are JEE Main, BITSAT, COMEDK, UGET, SRMJEEE, and UPSEE.
Candidates must have completed 10+2 level of graduation, preferably in the stream of science from a recognised board of education or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 40 percent or more in the qualifying examination with Physics and Chemistry or either Mathematics or Biology as the core subjects.
With adequate experience, the Dialysis Technician course graduates can advance up to a few of the job profiles such as as-Equipment Operator, Medical Assistant, Lab Assistant, Unit Supervisor, Skill Trainer, Dialysis Technician, and dialysis-In-Charge
The annual course fee structure for Diploma in Dialysis Technician or Technology course programme fluctuates between Rs. 9,000 to Rs. 60,000 per annum. The annual fee structure varies from institution to another institution. The factors that affect the fee structure include ownership of the institution, management quotas, materials, infrastructure, and reputation of the college in the global market.
We hope that the information mentioned above regarding the Dialysis Technician course details has helped improve your understanding of the subject with in-depth knowledge.