Cyber Security Diploma Course: Candidates who wish to study how to secure operating systems, networks, and files on a computer from cyber-attacks should take Diploma in Cyber Security courses. Owing to the rise in the popularity of the internet in India and the rising occurrence of cyber-attacks in subsequent years, Cyber Security Diploma Course is becoming a popular choice of people who seek a career in this field.
In India, Cyber Security Diploma courses are offered at several educational stages, including certificate, undergrad, and postgraduate. Cyber Security Diploma Certifications are also accessible on many online sites. Therefore, if you are seeking a career in Cyber Security and want to know the entire details of this course I request you to read this full article so that you will have a clear idea of the Cyber Security Diploma Course.
Table of Content
- About Cyber Security Diploma Course Details & Course Duration
- Skills Required to Learn Cyber Security Courses in Diploma
- Best Diploma Cyber Security Courses for Beginners
- Free Online Certification Diploma in Cyber Security Courses in India
- Institutions that provide Free Online Cyber Security Course
- Top Diploma in Cyber Security Colleges in India with Course Fees
- Diploma in Cyber Security Eligibility
- Admission Procedure in Diploma Cybersecurity Course
- Diploma in Cyber Security Syllabus
- Scope of Cyber Security Diploma Course in India
- Jobs After Doing DCS Course
- Diploma in Cyber Security Salary
- Diploma in Cyber Security After 10th Courses
- FAQs on Diploma Course in Cyber Security (DCS)
About Cyber Security Diploma Course Details & Course Duration
The duration of the Diploma in Cyber Security (DCS) varies between 6-month to 1 year, which completely depends on the institutions and courses taken by the students. DSC program is available as a full-time regular program as well as an online program, depending on the applicant’s enrollment.
This training and diploma program would contribute to employment possibilities in different industries and sectors’ cyber security functions The Diploma in Cyber Security course is a completely hands-on curriculum with thousands of attacking and defending tools, labs, and activities covering instances.
Besides studying any cyber security courses after the 12th, it is crucial to keep up with the latest cyber security developments and skills because cyber security and information systems are a growing area. Some of the most in-demand cyber security skills that you need to become a professional Cyber Security are as follow:
- Malware Analysis and Reversing Intrusion Detection
- Security Awareness on a Wide Range of Platforms
- Basic Computer Forensics Skills include programming.
- Hacking: A Basic Overview
- Compliance and Auditing
- Problem-solving abilities in statistics and intelligence
- Network Security Development
- Management of Mobile Devices
- Data Management Security
- Fixing and logical reasoning
- Security in the Cloud
If you are a beginner and confused about which Cyber Security Course Details to choose we have the solution for you, below is the list of some of the best Cyber Security courses for beginners along with the fees:
1) Comp TIA Security+ Certification – Fees = INR 42,311
2) Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) – Fees = INR 89,631
3) Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) – Fees = INR 44,778
4) Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) – Fees = INR 74,680
5) Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) – Fees = INR 18,61
Cyber Security Online Courses are certificated transient courses that last anywhere from a few hours to a couple of months. Cyber security online courses can be found on a variety of sites, including Udemy, edX, FutureLearn, Cybrary, and others. Through the Swayam online website, prominent colleges like IGNOU and Uttarakhand Open University also provide Cyber Security programs.
Below we have listed some of the institutions that provide you with the free certification course:
|Name of the Course
|Course time frame
|Computer Systems Security
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
|Introduction to IT and Cybersecurity
|Cybersecurity Fundamental and Cybersecurity Risk Management
|Cyber Security Course for Beginners
|Computer Communications and Networks
|Introduction to Cyber Security
|100W Cybersecurity Practices for Industrial Control Systems
|US Department of Homeland Security
|Name of the course
|The Beginners 2020 Cybersecurity Awareness Training Course
|Introduction to Cyber Security
|IT Fundamentals for Cyber Security Specialization
|Introduction to Cyber Security Specialization
There are many colleges and institutions that provide a Diploma in Cyber Security course. We have gathered a list of the best colleges along with their fees so that it will be easier for you to choose the best college for you.
|Name of the College or university
|Bharathiar University Admission, Coimbatore
|University of Madras, Chepauk, Chennai
|INR 3.94 K
|IIIT Bangalore – International Institute of Information
Hosur Road, Bangalore
|INR 2.25 Lakh
|INR 59.4 K
|Odisha State Open University
|INR 6 K
|Silver Oak University
|IN 60 K
|Indira College of Commerce and Science
Note: Students can enroll in Diploma Cyber Security courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The duration of UG and PG Diploma courses can be between 10 months to 1 year.
The very first phase in learning Cyber Security is to analyze your abilities and interests by enrolling in a Cyber Security Course in several specialties such as Cyber Security and Penetration Testing, Digital Forensics, C programming, Blockchain, and so on. If you have a keen interest in this field you are sure to be successful.
You can refer to the details below for the qualifying criteria for entrance to Cyber Security courses after completing your 10+2.
- Applicants must complete 10+2 from a recognized educational institution.
- Applicants should have a minimum total score of 50% in their 10+2 with PCM as mandatory subjects.
- Certain institutions provide merit-based enrollment to BTech Cyber Security courses, whereas the majority of universities select applicants based on their entrance test scores, like JEE MAINS, BITSAT, etc.
Or if you are opting for Post Graduate Cyber Security Diploma course, you can refer to the details below to check the eligibility criteria:
- An applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in BTech, BE, BSc, or any other related discipline
- Applicants for entrance to the MSc Cyber Security course should have received at least 50% in their BSc or other related subjects from a recognized institution.
- Applicants must have obtained at least 50% in BTech/ BE courses in a related subject during their graduation years to be admitted to Top Colleges that offer the MTech Cyber Security degree.
- Many colleges choose applicants for MTech Cyber Security programs solely on merit, while others select applicants based on their performance in the entrance test.
Free Online Courses are provided for students who want to pursue Diploma in Cyber Security. However, if you wish to be a professional Diploma in Cyber Security and want a prominent growth in your career; the initial step in learning Cyber Security courses is to enroll in a Vocational Program in the Science stream, such as Information Systems or Computer Programming in Python/ Java/ C++, with PCM as a required topic.
- The applicant would be chosen based on their performance in all-India entrance exams such as JEE Mains and GATE, or following entrance exams conducted by the institutions themselves.
- Enrollment will be determined by a merit list and an entrance test.
- All students must pass the entrance exam and JEE mains or GATE with at minimum requisite marks to be considered for enrollment to the cyber-security course.
- Before the final enrollment phase, the shortlisted candidates must attend a counseling session and a documentation process
Cyber security courses at the diploma and post-diploma levels are the foundational courses in the area. The focus of these courses is mostly on network security and its principles. After passing the 10+2 exams, candidates can begin studying these courses. After completing a Diploma in Cyber Security, one can conveniently seek employment in some of India’s most prestigious companies. Below is the list of details of the Diploma in Cyber Security Syllabus.
- Domain Squatting, Tools to Trace, Role of ICANN
- Spoof Emails, Crime over Emails, Meta Data
- Analyzing and Investigating Deleted Data
- Recovering Deleted Data, Types of Malware
- Lack of Evidence, Proxy Bouncing, Projects
- Introduction, Types of Crimes, Profiling Hackers
- Cyber Law and Consulting, Cyberstalking Cases,
- Copyright and Trademark Infringement, IT Act, 2000
- Online Harassment, Extortion, CERT-IND and AO
- Blogs and Bloggers Rights and Limitation
The following is a detailed description of the employment opportunities available after completing Cyber Security courses such as BTech, Diploma, MTech, MSc, and others:
Applicants might pursue higher education in the same field after completing a BTech in Cyber Security to acquire expertise and better pay increases. MTech Cyber Security, MTech Information Security, etc. are the most common postgraduate degrees for BTech Cyber Security students.
The bulk of post-graduates seek jobs in government, commercial, and private firms after finishing an MTech Cyber Security degree. After clearing the UGC-NET and JRF exams, a few of them may decide to seek lectureships or junior researcher positions.
Whether it’s a public agency or a private corporation, practically every institution seeks the advice of a cyber lawyer. After your Certificate in Cyber Professional, you have various alternatives, not just in courtrooms or law firms, but also in pursuing a Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Law.
- Security Software Developer.
- Security Architect Career Path.
- Security Consultant
- Information Security Analyst
- Ethical Hackers.
- Computer Forensics Analysts.
- Chief Information Security Officer.
The list of Companies that hire Diploma Cyber Security certified course students in India is as follows:
- Jet Airways
- Make My Tri
- Air Asia
- Air India
- FedEx Express
- Go Air
Freshmen will be paid a minimum of 2.80 Lakhs per annum and as they gain some experience the average salary can rise to 6 Lakhs per annum.
Diploma in Cyber Security After 10th Courses
Having said that, if you are interested in an online course Diploma in Cyber Security after completing your class 10th. Here are some of the eligibility criteria that you can refer to:
- Candidates must have passed from a recognized board of education with a class of 10th or 12th.
- Entrance requires at least an aggregate score of 50 percent or above.
- These courses are open to people of all ages.
- Immediate admissions are available; simply choose a free Cyber Security Course, put in your data, and complete the course at your leisure.
1. Is a profession in cyber security a good choice in India?
Ans: Yes. Due to the necessity to defend organizations from cyber-attacks and safeguard their digital data, cyber security is in high demand in India recently. In the government, business, and government institutions, fresh graduates will find a plethora of options.
2. How can I get started in a Cyber Security career?
Ans: To pursue a career in Cyber Security, the applicant must first pursue a job in the field of information systems. The majority of advancement in a career is based on prior experience. If you come from a non-technical experience, you can get started as long as you have some networking understanding.
Together with communication skills, having a strong understanding of Linux and any of the programming languages is a plus point. Be sure you start with either the CCNA or the CompTIA Security+ certifications. The cyber security career may take off if you have the necessary IT expertise and credentials.
3. How long does the Cyber Security Diploma course last?
Ans: It is a short-term course that lasts between 10 months to a year.
4. What does a cyber-security professional make?
Ans: An answer is that a Cyber Security professional earns more than an ordinary college graduate. A month’s salary for a recent graduate can be as high as INR 65,000. For this position, there is less competition and high demand. If someone is interested in IT and networking, there are numerous options to earn a good living in this industry.
5. What is the definition of cyber security?
Ans: It’s a branch of computer science that teaches you how to protect your computer’s operating system, connections, and information from cyber-attacks.
IT and networking are the most significant systems that are rapidly increasing, and there is a risk that they will be misused or corrupted by some people as a result of this expansion. As a result, the notion of Cyber Security has emerged in order to safeguard its security and privacy.
If you are interested in the field of the Internet and networking this is the best field for you, this course will give you a chance to explore the knowledge related to cyber security diploma course and will enhance your skill as a Cyber Security professional. For more career-related queries, check our versatile website @newsozzy.com and we have got you covered!