The full form of CGL is the Combined Graduate Level exam which is directed by SSC to recruit aspirants for many Government departments and ministries. Here SSC stands for Staff Selection Commission, together SSC CGL full form is the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level exam. They help to hire staff for Group B and C posts. To answer all your queries regarding the given exam, we have discussed the SSC CGL Full Form, its importance, and its pattern elaboratively on this page. Go through this article and know what is the full form of CGL?
This Article Contains:
- What is the full form of CGL?
- Eligibility Criteria of SSC CGL
- CGL Exam Structure
- Exam Duration
- SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam Dates
- How to Apply for CGL Online?
- SSC CGL Full Form in Hindi
- FAQs on Staff Selection Commission CGL Exam 2021
|Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Exam (SSC CGL)
|Staff Selection Commission
|Exam Time Period
|Tier 1 – 1 hour
Tier 2 – 2 hours for each paper
Tier-3 – 1 hour
|English and Hindi
|SSC Official Website
SSC CGL full form is Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level. SSC CGL is the most sought-after examination conducted annually by the Staff Selection Committee, authorized in 1975. Combined Graduate Level (CGL) is meant to hire employees to particular posts in ministries, government agencies, and other Government of India organizations, like Group B & Group C Positions.
Aspirants should apply for the CGL exam and crack all the selection process stages to become government employees. Depending on the vacancies left from the relevant departments, the final call will be decided for the applicants.
- Only Indian Citizens are eligible to apply for the CGL exam.
- The required minimum age limit for SSC CGL is 27 years, and the maximum age restriction is 32 years.
- The SSC for SSC CGL Recruitment has raised the age cap, but the age differs from post to post.
- They should be certificated with a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
The entire exam of CGL takes place in four stages/Tiers. Tier I and II are held in the online mode and Tier III and IV are held in offline mode. The information of these stages as per the SSC CGL 2020 Exam has been tabulated below:
|Type of Examination
|Mode of Examination
|Objective Multiple Choice
|Objective Multiple Choice
|Descriptive Paper (in Hindi/ English)
|Pen and Paper Mode
|Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test
CGL exam is held on online which is completely a computer-based examination. It is conducted in four stages and the duration for each stage is given below for the sake of appearing aspirants knowledge:
- Preliminary examination (Tier-I) – 60-minutes duration
- Main Exam (Tier-II) – 120 minutes in duration
- Descriptive Test (Tier-III) – 60-minute duration
- Skill Test or Computer Proficiency Test (Tier-IV) – 45 minutes in duration
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Notification Release Date
|October 22, 2019
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Online Application Process Duration
|October 22 -November 25, 2019
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-I Application Status Out
|January 28, 2020, onwards
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-I Admit Card
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-I Exam Date
|March 3- March 9, 2020
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-I Result
|1st July 2020
|SSC CGL Tier-II & III Admit Card
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-II Exam Date
|12th to 15th October 2020
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-III Exam Date
|1st November 2020
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-IV Exam Date
|Not yet announced
Interested candidates can give CGL exam by submitting the online application form of SSC CGL on the official website of SSC. The steps should follow by the aspirants are given below:
- Open the official web portal of SSC ie., ssc.nic.in
- First and foremost, register yourself by tapping on the ‘New User’ tab.
- Now, enter the required details like name, parents’ name, date of birth, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Then, click on the submit button for account registration.
- Login to your account by entering your credentials and fill the CGL application form.
- After filling out all the necessary details, upload documents like photographs and signatures.
- Review all entered details of the application form before submission to avoid any kind of mistakes or errors.
- Finally, tap on the submit button to pay the application fee for the SSC Post you applied for.
- The application fee can be paid online via net banking or debit/credit card.
- At last, download the CGL online application form and take a printout for further reference.
SSC CGL Full Form in Hindi is कर्मचारी चयन आयोग (एसएससी) संयुक्त स्नातक स्तर (सीजीएल)
SSC CGL कर्मचारी चयन आयोग द्वारा आयोजित की जाने वाली परीक्षाओं में से एक बहोत ही महत्वपूर्ण परीक्षा है, जोकि ग्रेजुएट छात्रों के बिच बहोत ही चर्चित परीक्षा है|
1. What is CGL full form?
CGL stands for Combined Graduate Level.
2. What is a CGL job?
SSC CGL candidates can get the Group B and Group C posts in government departments after cracking the CGL Exam. You can discover various SSC CGL jobs that filled with different duties and responsibilities. The best posts of SSC CGL are Income Tax Inspector, Assistant Section Officer, Central Excise Inspector, Assistant Audit Officer, Public Finance – K K Andley and Sundaram, and Assistant Enforcement Officer.
3. What is SSC CGL eligibility?
SSC provides the eligibility criteria for CGL 2021. The eligibility requirements to apply for the CGL exam are aspirants must have finished their graduation and the age limit should be between 27 to 32 years.
4. What is the salary for CGL Posts?
On the basis of SSC CGL Post, candidates get paid in the following pay scales: Rs 25,500-81,100. Rs 29,200-92,300. Rs 35400-1,12,400. Rs 44,900-1,42,400.