SSC CGL Books: SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam is the most sought after exam for aspirants dreaming to get into various departments under the Government of India. Thus, SSC Exams are a great opportunity for all such candidates to get into the Government of India Offices. You need the right study material and proper study plan to clear the exam.
SSC CGL Books are an important resource while preparing for the Exam. As a part of the Combined Graduate Level Exam Preparation, you might several books as references. Keeping this in mind, we have mentioned the SSC CGL Books List for different subjects.
SSC CGL Textbooks will help you focus on the relevant topics leading you to ultimately score well. Candidates must leave no stone unturned during SSC CGL Preparation and have a glance at the recommended books for SSC CGL.
- SSC CGL Books for Quantitative Aptitude
- SSC CGL Books for English Language
- Best Books for SSC CGL Reasoning
- SSC CGL General Awareness Books
- SSC CGL Tier – I Exam Pattern
- SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier-II Paper Pattern
- SSC CGL Tier – III Test Pattern
- SSC CGL Tier – IV Exam Pattern
- Preparation Tips for SSC CGL
- Which is the best book for SSC CGL?
- Where Can I Download SSC CGL Books PDF?
- Is there any negative marking in SSC CGL Exam?
- Should I follow Multiple Books while preparing for SSC CGL?
- Can we crack SSC CGL by only preparing from the previous year papers?
Overview of SSC CGL Books
|Staff Selection Commission
|Combined Graduate Level Examination
|Four (Tier I, II, III & IV)
|English & Hindi
Given below are the best books for Quantitative Aptitude. Preparing from these books will ultimately help you score well in the exams.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
- Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Magical Book On Quicker Maths
- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Arihant Publications – Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Quicker Maths by M Tyra (For beginners)
- Mathematics Class 11th and 12th y R.D. Sharma
- Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Publication
Check out a few more articles
- Best Books for Mathematics/ Numerical Ability/ Quantitative Aptitude Section of Competitive/ Govt Exams
- Arun Sharma Quantitative Aptitude book
Prepare for English Paper – I and Paper – II by making use of the SSC CGL English. Refer to the following books for English during your preparation without fail and understand the concepts thoroughly.
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant)
- Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by H M Prasad
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – By Arun Sharma
- Wren & Martin – High School English Grammar and Composition
- Perfect Competitive English V.K. Sinha
- Competitive General English Kiran Prakashan
Some of the best books to prepare Reasoning Subjects are given in the below sections. Go through them during your preparation and have a deeper insight into the topics.
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
- Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT and How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT by Arun Sharma
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
SSC Combined Graduate Level General Awareness Books makes it easy for you to prepare the concepts better.
- Competition Success Review
- General Knowledge Dr. Binary Karn (Lucent Publications)
- Manorama Yearbook 2020 (English/ Hindi)
- India 2020 (English/ Hindi)
Go through the Examination Scheme for SSC CGL Tier – I from below. This can be of help to understand the marking scheme, no. of questions and marks allotted, etc.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
Candidates who clear the Tier – I exam will be allowed to take part in the Tier – II Exam. You can refer to the SSC CGL Tier-II Paper Pattern tabulated below.
|English Language and Comprehension
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)
Tier – III Exam will be descriptive in nature and tests the Writing Skills of a Candidate in Hindi & English.
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Essay Writing, Precis, Letter, Application, etc.)
Tier – IV has two parts and the first part will analyze the typing skills of a candidate. The second Part is more likely to test the Software Skills of an Aspirant.
|2000 words in 15 minutes on a computer in English
|Proficiency in MS Office
SSC CGL is the most sought after exams and almost lakhs of students take the exam every year. The exam follows a Set Pattern for both Tier – I and Tier – II and you can crack the exam easily if you are committed. Plan your preparation strategy accordingly and we have listed some tips and tricks to ace up the exam.
- Have a Well planned Study Routine and allot proper time duration for each and every topic.
- Study the Subjects and Relevant Topics as per the Latest SSC CGL Syllabus and Test Pattern.
- Keep a Collection of Important SSC CGL Preparation Books & Study Material.
- Practice Numerous Times and develop a separate preparation plan for both online & offline.
- Improve on solving strategies and include an exclusive SSC CGL Study Plan.
- Try to understand the concepts in detail and resolve queries for the concepts long before the exam itself.
FAQs on SSC CGL Books
There are plenty of books out there and we can’t specifically say a particular book is best for preparing the SSC CGL Exam. You can refer to the above-furnished information to know the Best Books as per the Sections.
You can download the SSC CGL Books PDF through the quick links available on our page. Use the handy books during your preparation and score well.
Yes, there is negative marking and 0.25 will be deducted for every wrong answer.
It is generally advised to stick to a particular book during your preparation so that you don’t get confused.
I think with changing trends you need to focus on other important study material too in order to clear the SSC CGL Exam.
We believe the knowledge shared above regarding SSC CGL Books is genuine and reliable. Hope the furnished data helps in achieving success in the CGL Exam. If you have any other concerns feel free to drop us a comment via comment box and we will get back to you at the earliest possible. Stay in touch with our site to avail the latest updates on SSC CGL Syllabus, Previous Papers, Notes, and other Study Material.